The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Conversions - Rebellion Era Campaign Guide
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Conversions - Rebellion Era Campaign Guide Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, here we go again, now for real, I hope.

Rebellion Era Campaign Guide - D6 Conversion
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5NMFE3B8

Now with the revised R4 stats. But not just that. I went ahead and redid the Dark Trooper droids from the ground up, and also the armor stats.

But not just that, I also opened a can of worms with a new section...
jmanski
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the new section.... nice touch, very useful.

As far as I'm concerned, open worm cans more often
hisham
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this one. Some things like the mobile proton torp launcher which I'll probably wont use. But lots of fighters and NPCs for the unplanned encounters on the go which I definitely use.
Jedi AlanRocks
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great resource Gry! Thanks so much for doing this, you are without a doubt the most useful member of the forum. Two things, though.

First, I would like to have seen the stats on the darktroopers and their armor closer together. I can see why they are in two different sections (one for armor and one for the trooper) but I would still have liked them closer together for easier reference.

The portable missile launcher uses starship gunnery, yet it's a character scale weapon- so wouldn't the skill be Blaster Artillery?

These things don't distract from how awesome your work is, though.
For many years West End Games ruled justly until the evil Empire defeated them. The Empire now rules with an iron fist and the d20. There are some who resist and continue to live by the old ways and d6.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason why the Dark Trooper droid and the Dark Troopr armor are appart from each other, is that you don't really need them together to be able to use them. The droid stats already have all the armor info on them, and are to be used as is. The one under equipment is just the shell of the Dark Trooper, meant to be wore by a humanoid. One is a droid, one is a powersuit armor, so I thought it would be best to keep them in their separate sections.

As for the Starship gunnery skill, that comes from the official WEG stats for the Spacetrooper. Wherever possible I try to avoid messing with official WEG stats. Think of the Spacetrooper armor as an escape pod you wear...

Glad you all enjoyed the book.
Jedi AlanRocks
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The reason why the Dark Trooper droid and the Dark Troopr armor are appart from each other, is that you don't really need them together to be able to use them. The droid stats already have all the armor info on them, and are to be used as is. The one under equipment is just the shell of the Dark Trooper, meant to be wore by a humanoid.

I posted after my first read through, but after having looked at it again I see that you are right- my bad. For some reason I didn't see the armor stats with the droid the first time through.

I still think that the proton tropedo launcher would fall under missile weapons (not artillery as previously posted) but I understand that your sourcebook is not supposed to contradict anything already published- and that's why your sourcebooks rock!
For many years West End Games ruled justly until the evil Empire defeated them. The Empire now rules with an iron fist and the d20. There are some who resist and continue to live by the old ways and d6.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... you are really brave to do the underteaking of the NPCs. Hats off to you Gry. They look a heck of a lot better than the NPCs that I've been putting together. But these are really great for those of us who do a LOT of work in the Rebellion era.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
...for those of us who do a LOT of work in the Rebellion era.

Hey, and who doesn't?
Jame Rowe
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Conversions - Rebellion Era Campaign Guide Reply with quote

Gry Sarth wrote:
Do the folks at WEG get any royalties for this kind of stuff? Cause it seems this book will contain a whole lot of simple conversion, rephrasing and republishing of stuff WEG came up with.

I believe that one ex-WEGer by name of Peter Schwegofer (or however it's spelled) works for them, and indeed is one of the main writers. Also, Sterling Hersey has written for them - if my memory is correct. It generally is but I've been trained to doubt it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: