The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Fandom Comics SE Clone Wars Fan SB (FFG Edge of the Empire)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Fandom Comics SE Clone Wars Fan SB (FFG Edge of the Empire) Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FandomComics
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Fandom Comics SE Clone Wars Fan SB (FFG Edge of the Empire) Reply with quote

I hate to start a new thread because this is about Saga Edition and not D6, but NPCs didn't seem to fit in the ships & equipment forum. If the mods don't like this I can move it to my existing thread in ships & vehicles, or that old thread can get deleted and I can just use this one from now on for this (we are sticking with NPCs for the forseeable future)

Well, it is up, and on time! This chapter is the latest in our Clone Wars Fan Sourcebook, designed to be a great compliment (but never a replacement) for the TCW CG published by WOTC. Contained in this chapter are all the members of the criminal underworld active during the Clone Wars era. The chapter ended up with about 40 NPCs, 30 Minions/Followers, 6 Vehicles, 6 Alien Species, 1 Weapon 1 Feat, and a few Legacy Destinies.

There were originally 6 new organizations that were supposed to debut in this chapter as well, but time constraints prevented their inclusion. Look for a new chapter down the road to include the Desilijic Hutt Clan, Besadii Hutt Clan, Tenloss Syndicate, Clatuvaac Hyperspace Navigator's Guild, Ohnaka's Raiders, and the Zygerrian Slavers Guild. Characters are still given organizational scores, but no SQs are listed for those Organizations, since I haven't statted them yet.

Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys this chapter, which represents our full-time (hopefully triumphant) return to NPC statting for the next year or so. As always, please let us know what you think of the builds, and inform us of any typos, errors, or anything of that nature that you come across, and tell us how much you enjoyed/despised the chapter!

Look forward to hearing the feedback, and in the mean time I'm getting started on my Non-Jedi Force Users section of the fringe chapter!

Last edited by FandomComics on Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:43 am; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update. I've always liked your books. The quality of your work is undeniable.
FandomComics
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone! I know this chapter ended up being a few days late, and that is entirely my fault, the early chunk of this month was dominated by school, and the latter half by work. However, here is the latest chapter in the Fandom Comics ( http://www.fandomcomics.com ) Saga Edition Clone Wars Fan Sourcebook. This month we present Fringe Mystics, which basically includes all the Force Users that aren’t a part of the Jedi Order or one of Dooku’s minions. Korunnai Adept Kar Vastor, Nightsister Ros Lai, Callista Masana-Ming, the Iron Knights, and a few others. There are also a number of sidebars in this chapter that provide some new Force Talents, as well as some optional rules (dealing with the Shard) and other surprises.

Hope everyone enjoys this, despite it being one of our shorter chapters (only 24 pages). If you download it, please let us know what you think about the chapter, and as always, inform us of any errors or inconsistencies you spot!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had time to go through the whole thing in detail, but some of the character descriptions look very interesting. The backgrounds could be useful for adventure seeds.

Good job.
FandomComics
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Cheshire, we do really strive to make the CW Fan Sourcebook more than just a collection of stats, our write ups use pretty firm timeline indicators to really help GMs who want to use a certain NPC in their game, and not break canon. The idea is that you can pretty quickly find out where they were during the Clone Wars and when, so you know when to have your players participate in a canon battle, or when that NPC is free to be anywhere, but you can still reference their last battle, etc.

We wont really be hitting the non-stat chapters until late 2010, but those chapters should be just as useful to you guys as any other rules system, but until then, NPCs!
Doomhead
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Famdom do you have any formal relationships with WOTC or Lucasarts?

http://www.box.net/shared/cn6f7sdkog
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
FandomComics
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No not at all, we are just fans like anyone else on these forums or over at the WOTC forums, but I will certainly take that as a compliment regarding our quality of work.
Doomhead
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to get some contractor work or something.... @!!!!!

http://www.box.net/shared/cn6f7sdkog
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
FandomComics
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We would certainly be interested in doing some!
FandomComics
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone, the Jedi Council chapter is finally up on the site, http://www.fandomcomics.com for those who don’t have it faved. This chapter was originally done for D20R, but Tron has painstakingly converted it and updated it to reflect new sources and the current best guess as far as the timeline goes.

This chapter contains all Jedi that were members of the Jedi High Council during the Clone Wars. I think it is one of the best things Tron has done to date. Its basically been 8 full months for him to put this together by himself, and I think he did an outstanding job. The long, long write ups are all designed for GMs to be able to use these main Jedi in their campaigns fairly easily, allowing you to maintain EU canon and interweave jedi council members in and out of your campaigns seamlessly, letting you know where the NPCs were, when, and what they were doing there.

Lots of interesting side-bars here too! Chalactan Adepts, Concordance of Fealty, and more! As usual, give the chapter a flip or a read or a stat-scan and let us know your thoughts, critiques, disagreements, whatever comes to mind. Everyone has a very specific idea of what the Jedi Council members are supposed to look like, stat-wise, so I am sure we will be able to enjoy a spirited, but healthy debate on the builds presented!
FandomComics
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Fandomaniacs!

Latest chapter has been posted, the locals! Lots of people who are what im calling super-commoners. They are a little bit better than a Non-Heroic 1 commoner, but not quite heroic either. These are your Uncle Owens, Watto's, etc. Basically all the people caught in the middle of the Clone Wars. Im sure a lot of you will notice a lot of "omissions", but keep in mind that local soldiers and leadership are a separate chapter, so no Queens, Kings, or other planetary leaders are featured in this chapter.

In any case, its 66 pages, has 60-some odd stat blocks and just as many side-barred characters. Some Neimoidian species feats (which I think turned out well) and a couple other random goodies.

Give the chapter a look-see at http://www.fandomcomics.com and let us know what you think in this thread!
FandomComics
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, since we only had like two weeks this month to turn out a chapter, thanks largely to the cluster that was our holiday season, we have once again redone our dark side chapter. Boasts a lot of write up revisions, as well as updates to bring everything current with all the sources available. It also allowed us to utilize the last five or so sourcebooks to make the stats, meaning we got access to force regimens and all sorts of other neat stuff that wasn't out yet when we last posted this chapter. No new characters have been added, though nearly every single one has been altered from our previous version in some way.

This is actually the very first chapter we ever did (though it has been edited and reposted abotu 3-5 times now). We did it way back in 2005 as a D20R chapter initially, so its interesting to see how far along our writing skills have come in the past 4-5 years. It is a trick to summarize the lives of these characters, who in some cases appear in dozens and dozens of sources, and somehow create an overall narrative thread that makes sense, and keep the page count as limited as possible, without coming off as just listing events. I hope everyone enjoys the chapter and it gives you all your fix for the short month here as we head toward march, where new content awaits!

I always enjoy the debate that statted main characters produces, so let the picking apart of Dooku, Ventress, Vader and Sidious begin!

Next month we will be putting out droids, though we likely will have to make it a two-parter. Part 1 should contain all the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd degree droids, and be written entirely by me. Part 2 will likely contain 4th and 5th degree droids, with 4th degree droids being handled by Tron (Anstrona) and 5th degree droids also being handled by me. If you can't tell, most of the droids in the chapter are 4th degree, hence the divison of labor. After droids we will be returning to Fringe NPCs and Jedi/Republic/Separatist conversions until we finish them.

In other news, with Saga now ending, and as we come to that 18-24 month mark before having a draft finalized, I suppose the possibility of us doing a D6 conversion of this MASSIVE doc draws to a potential possibility. Not anything to really discuss yet, but when you consider we'd only be doing stats, no write ups, it doesn't sound so bad. D6 can stat very fast too, if you have a template set up.
FandomComics
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone, last night was the 1st of the month again, and we posted our latest RPG offering, half of the Jedi Knights chapter! 13 Jedi Knights of the Clone Wars statted in all their glory. I know this is a bit smaller than you are used to seeing us put up for a single month, but unfortunately this may be the trend for the next 8 months or so. School has been super-intense for myself, and Ryan has also started his own scholastic program, limiting the time we can put in.

To supplement this month's update, we have posted two new pieces of sketch art by Aaron Johnson for our upcoming Lumiya fan comic. I know Aaron is just now finishing the inks on page three, so after a couple more pages in the bank, we will finally start posting the comic!

As always, you can see this great stuff at http://www.fandomcomics.com

In other Fandom Comics news, if you, like the rest of us, never listen to the Order 66 podcast, then you already don't know that Fandom Comics has been featured twice in the past month as their "Juicy Bit O' Web Goodness" Special thanks to GM Chris for helping that happen! If you have no idea what I am talking about (shame on you), go to

http://start.d20radio.com/home/the-order-66-podcast

As always, please express your comments, criticisms or supports in the thread, it's what drives us to keep working hard on these! Thanks for reading!
FandomComics
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe it or not, we didn't forget! We've finally managed to crank out this month's update in the form of a significantly updated Fringe - Criminals chapter of our Clone Wars Saga Edition Fan Sourcebook. This release includes criminals and crime bosses the likes of Jabba the Hutt, his androgynous uncle Ziro, the Weequay pirate captain Hondo Ohnaka, and everyone's favorite Devaronian smuggler, Vilmarh "Villie" Grahrk.

We've also added a new staffer to the roster, Eli Johnson, who has provided us with some nice pin-ups and one-sheets coming up in the near future! Thanks Eli!

We're well on our way to being fashionably late for next month's update, but fear not, I think we can pick up the slack. Enjoy!
FandomComics
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's here! Part two of the Jedi Knights. We have a dozen new and converted (from our old D20R chapters) Jedi Knights from the Clone Wars era, including Serra Keto, Sha Koon, Sia-Lan Wezz, and Sian Jeisel! I look forward to everyone's thoughts on the chapter. I don't know if it is that we have hit these characters already, so half the work was done, or if Tron was just hitting a stride, but I think this is one of our better-written sections.

Also, check back in with us on the 15th, when we have a super secret exciting update for the site planned!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: