The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Conversion books - general discussion
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Conversion books - general discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Conversion books - general discussion Reply with quote

I was just looking ahead to see what is coming up.

Rebellion Era Campaign Guide - July 21, 2009
Galaxy at War Campaign Guide - September 15, 2009
Scavenger's Guide to Droids - November 17, 2009
Galaxy of Intrigue - January 19, 2010
The Unknown Regions - April 20 2010

I'm guessing that the RECG won't have a whole lot that we don't already. I mean, half of my supplements could fall under this classification. I'm guessing that will be an easy convert.

GaWCG is supposed to be a soldier's cookbook. It's supposed to be for the soldier what the Jedi Academy Training Manual was for Jedi. That should be pretty basic too.

Though, the next one that I'm getting really curious about is the droid guide. Cynebar's had some really neat rules for playing droids and had a fair few add ons, but the book was a disappointment when I got it. It seemed like there was a lot more to write on the subject, especially when we saw attachments on R2 that were never described in the book. I'm hoping that the d20 book will fill in some of the gaps that Cynabar's left.

Last edited by cheshire on Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with your assessment of the Galaxy at War and the Droid guide. I also think that the Rebellion one might be the fastest one to convert. I mean, we have the Rulebook, SW Trilogy Special Edition, Imperial Sourcebook, Rebellion Sourcebook, and Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook from WEG d6 and Rebellion Era Guide from WOTC OCRB d20. Given all of the previously published material, there might be very few, if any stats to convert to d6 from the forthcoming one.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Rebelion Era seems like just something they had to do in order to convert ALL those stats to Saga in one neat package. Most likely there will be very few new items, if any, but still I'm excited by whatever it presents, since that's my favourite era. We might get stats to existing items that have not yet been statted...

GaW could be a very good one, probably not a lot of new stats, as I'm sure it will contain more piles of abilities and traits and class feats and whatnot. Should be easy to convert, though.

A Droids guide... humm, cool. There are still some droids from the Essential Guide that haven't been statted. Converting droids is a bit of a pain, almost as bad as doing NPCs, but oh well...

Galaxy of Intrigue... anybody knows what this is about? Maybe a sort of Storytelling GM guide or something? Or a class book geared towards spies or something...
cheshire

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The good news with the droids is that you're not going to be doing them alone this time. I already feel kind of bad that I'm not doing more with the Jedi Academy book. (By the way, is there anything else you'd like me to tackle in that book?)

Nothing is yet known about Galaxy of Intrigue. All we have is a tentative ISBN from Amazon. WotC hasn't even announced it as a product.
cheshire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like news of a new one just broke: The Unknown Regions - April 20 2010

It's supposed to be a book on scouts. I can't say I'm too excited. I never did like the Galaxy Guide on scouts. Also, Galaxy of Intrigue is rumored to be a noble's book. Essentially it is rumored to be for nobles what JATM was for Jedi.

Sounds like two ho-hum books, IMO. I hope they have good stats for conversion.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Unknown Regions, huh? It might be what you say - a book specializing in scouts. But we can hope for a few things. Like the Chiss Ascendancy, the Vagaari, Zonama Sekot. I also say that with this book, they can start bringing in new Force power and traditions again, if possible.
cheshire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds possible. I have no idea how WotC would handle that sort of book. They had a LOT of fluff in the WEG book. WotC tends to favor lots of stats, feats, and whatnot. But I just can't see how you'd give 70 pages of feats, skills, and talents to scouts.
Falcon79
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
It looks like news of a new one just broke: The Unknown Regions - April 20 2010

It's supposed to be a book on scouts. I can't say I'm too excited. I never did like the Galaxy Guide on scouts. Also, Galaxy of Intrigue is rumored to be a noble's book. Essentially it is rumored to be for nobles what JATM was for Jedi.

Sounds like two ho-hum books, IMO. I hope they have good stats for conversion.

I liked the WEG Scouts gude, but wish they had put more meat in it, as I play both SW Saga Edition and SW D6 this should be good for me,,, been waiting on a scout book from WotC for ages.
cheshire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I would post a very rough cut of the project I was working on. This will make it easier to find converted stats, and allow us to use one single document to see what we have already converted.

https://www.yousendit.com/download/Y1RxQmtSSU8xUURIRGc9PQ
cheshire

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, for everyone who has been looking for a converted stat, and just can't figure out where they saw it, I've got the document for you! It's a table of contents for every conversion book.

It's not as pretty as Gry makes them, but it will work nonetheless.

http://www.4shared.com/file/120219852/1171b0ce/Conversion_Guide_Contents.html

After putting it all together, it makes me realize exactly how much work has been done here. It makes me especially appreciative of all the work that Gry has done here helping keeping the D6 fire alight. Granted, I've done some of this too, but I think we all know where the bulk of the credit goes.
ccatkins
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheshire, this index is really good but is it possible to have a version as a single index so that I can just look down the listings of starships or equipment etc to see what book an ientry is in?
cheshire

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's possible to have an alphebetical index, and it's something I'd think about, but I don't think it's a project I'm going to embark on at the moment. I've got to focus my energies on some RL projects (such as getting things geared up for the next semester and putting in applications to doctoral programs).

It's a project that would be best suited for a listing in an excel document that could be printed as a pdf. It wouldn't look nearly as nice, but it would do the job. I'm hesitant to do it in a word document because of all the constant revisions that would be necessary after each book release.
cheshire

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually... and alphebetical index may be easier than I had thought... Maybe I'll work on that.
cheshire

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The table of contents just got updated. No alphabetical index as of yet.

http://www.4shared.com/file/120219852/1171b0ce/Conversion_Guide_Master_Table_of_Contents.html
cheshire

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found something interesting in my conversions of the SOTG. We've been looking at Point-Defense weaponry, and we're going to have to make a decision in how we proceed with the conversions.

Apparently Point Defense weapons are meant to be able to target starfighter scale ships without taking a penalty. Therefore, we've been making the WHOLE WEAPON starfighter scale, when this is not in fact the intent of WotC. They want the weapon to take no penalties when targeting starfighters, but still do capital scale damage.

Personally, I think the intent of Wizards is to keep a massive amount of damage with an extremely accurate weapon. Personally, I don't think it's a good idea to have the massive damage and extreme accuracy. I think this will unbalance D6 starship combat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: