The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Special abilities list?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Special abilities list?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MA-3PO
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:56 am    Post subject: Special abilities list? Reply with quote

I know that in the D6 Space book they introduced advantages/disadvantages for characters. For some reason I never felt these had a Star Wars "feel" so I've never used them in my games.

There were, however advantages and disadvantages given to NPC characters scattered throughout the SW sourcebooks. For example, I can't remember his name, but I know at least one Imperial spy has a mnemoic drug enhancement under Special Abilities. Another character, Darryn Thyte in the DarkStryder campaign, had his arm sheared off and replaced with a clunky cybernetic one that reduced some of his Dex and Mech scores.

Unless somebody has already done it, I was thinking about going through all the WEG books and pulling out everything I can find under Special Abilities and putting them together in a file. I won't include Special Abilities that are granted due to being an alien spieces, just ones that are in addition to these.

If NPC characters can have them then PCs should be able to as well with GM permission of course.
YodaWI
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did go through Gry's Alien stats book and compile a list of special abilities and special skills. We also have a list of special abilities that are not species specific, but it isn't very long. It will be part of our sourcebook whenever we finish. We are making quite a bit of progress, but have more work to do. It would be up to Ludwingo Spince if he wants to post any of it early, since it is kind of his baby. If you look at the Universe Sourcebook thread, you will see some of the things Spince and I are doing.
atgxtg
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want/need them, I can pull out the ads/disads from the Herc & Xena RPG.
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually had a complete (and very thorough) list of advantages / disadvantages. It ranged from physical, to background and to social aspects. All advantages/disadvantages had a die code related to them, which were added or subtracted from the amount of skill dice you got when creating the character.

For example, having a 2D disadvantage of 'Hunted' meant that you were personally hunted by the Empires top tier honchos (One player played an combat android escaped from an Imperial research facility who had this disadvantage). Advantage and disadvantage dice balanced cancelled each other out, so if you had 2d of advantages and 2D of disadvantages you starting skills were the normal 7D.

To bad those rules were lost in a hard drive somewhere years ago. And I recently discovered that ALL my SW books has gone missing too, including my hardcopies of said rules and tons of homebrews... Evil or Very Mad

Anyone recognize these rules, they were taken off the net about 8 years ago i reckon... Laughing If you have them, plz pm me!
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZzaphodD wrote:
I actually had a complete (and very thorough) list of advantages / disadvantages. It ranged from physical, to background and to social aspects. All advantages/disadvantages had a die code related to them, which were added or subtracted from the amount of skill dice you got when creating the character.

Some Googling has revealed that the material was very much alike the D6 Space rules, or at least what I can see of the Space rules through Googling.

Someone has a list of those abilities?
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... the D6 books are available for free now (legally) and you can download them at this link:

http://www.wegfansite.com/forum/showpost.php?p=18962&postcount=93

Unfortunately, I'm not sure that they really capture the Star Wars "feel" as someone else had previously mentioned.

Really, MA3PO's task of going through all of the special abilities listed in WEG books sounds like a daunting one, but one with a potential for fantastic results. Crafting those together into a set of balanced rules would be pretty awesome.
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
Well... the D6 books are available for free now (legally) and you can download them at this link:

http://www.wegfansite.com/forum/showpost.php?p=18962&postcount=93

Unfortunately, I'm not sure that they really capture the Star Wars "feel" as someone else had previously mentioned.

Really, MA3PO's task of going through all of the special abilities listed in WEG books sounds like a daunting one, but one with a potential for fantastic results. Crafting those together into a set of balanced rules would be pretty awesome.

Yes, it seems like the d6 space adv/disadv rules has been used as a basis, then the items not fitting in SW has been removed and some other added.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though not something i have seen officially i did know one GM who had the following

15cp - naturally adept. Pick 1 skill. When rolling this skill have a second wild die. ONLY do something with this die if it rolls a 6. If so reroll and add in.
25cp - quick draw. Pick 1 type of weapons (not one source, eg not just blasters) that you can 'quick draw' and shoot with no multi action penalties.
20cp - Ambidexterous. Can shoot with each hand at no multi actions. OR can melee, or brawl. CANNOT mix attacks though. Only one shot can be done this way.
30/50/70cp - Editic memory. Photographic memory for either sight, sound or smell (30cp), 2 of the 3 senses (50) or all three senses (70cp).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: