The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Completely Revised Star Wars Roleplaying (Site Updated)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Completely Revised Star Wars Roleplaying (Site Updated) Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

So what do you think of our new rules?
I like it
37%
 37%  [ 6 ]
Looks nice but not the sort of thing I would ever use
18%
 18%  [ 3 ]
An abomination against nature :)
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
I think bits of it might be worth stealing
37%
 37%  [ 6 ]
Something else...
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 16

cunning_kindred
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On other business: I have now added the creatures chapter to the website:

Chapter X: Creatures

Quote:
Introduction
Chapter 1: Character Creation
Chapter 3: Basic Rules and Techniques
Chapter 4: Rules for Games Masters
Chapter 5: The Force
Chapter 8: Droids - a particular favorite: we wanted to make playing a Droid as fun and interesting as possible
Chapter 9: Allies and Adversaries - ok so its only four allies and adversaries but we've got the Emperor, Luke, Obi-Wan and Gui-Gon (how can you go wrong)
Chapter 10: Creatures - added 12/04/2009
Nico_Davout
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Your work looks great. I have also made my own "SW 3rd edition" Wink combining D6 with SAGA edition and many ideas I have found on internet.
cunning_kindred
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pleased that you like the site. I am currently working on a re-write to make some of the rules clearer but real life is getting in the way so it might be a while before the next update. In the mean time if you make any of your own rules available online I'm sure I wouldn't be the only person here that would relish an opportunity to see what you came up with Very Happy
Rubio
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nico_Davout wrote:
Wow! Your work looks great. I have also made my own "SW 3rd edition" Wink combining D6 with SAGA edition and many ideas I have found on internet.

Oh? What sort of combination?

"This is starting to piss me off! Does this place have a never-ending supply of weird stuff!?"
-Susano Orbatos, Orion
Nico_Davout
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mainly I abandoned dices in skills and use skill points +1, +2, +3. Players choose number of trained skills at the moment of creating character, which depends on number of dices on particular attribute. Untrained skills have penalty to use and have to be learned before advancing them. I delete some of the skills, making them more-less like in D6 Space.
Damage resistance is now equal to number of dice on Strength (players do not roll Strength) making the combat lethal Smile. I have added many tables and modifiers for Starship and Space rules from D20 and Saga (like Astrogation now depends on up-to-date informations about stars not distance like in D6). I have taken body points and scale size from D6 space and many many more...

Han Solo shot first, midichlosomething do not exist, Rebel Alliance was created as in the WEG books and indoctrination theory is the true ending of ME3.
misterecho
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a downloadable pdf with all the pages corrolated?
Rubio
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Kindred, did you ever finish the starships chapter?

Nico, got a link?

"This is starting to piss me off! Does this place have a never-ending supply of weird stuff!?"
-Susano Orbatos, Orion
cunning_kindred
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you can probably tell from the belated nature of this reply, I haven't had much of a chance to look at anything Star Wars related at all in the last few months. Life is such an annoying distraction from the important work I do here Smile

As to your question, the basic introduction to the vehicles and starship's chapter was about half finished and I had assembled the finished stats for about a dozen ships last time I looked at the chapter. I'm hoping in the new year I'll get some time to sit down and have a look at this and the chapter should get at least a first draft on the website about then.
Rubio
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. Lookin' forward to it.

-Susano Orbatos, Orion
cunning_kindred
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A small update to the website. Three of the chapters have been updated.

I've added the vehicles chapter at last. Its very small but it has several starships and should make it clear how we do starships and vehicles in general. Its really a massive job so I'll be adding to this as time progresses and updating the file from time to time. At the rate this is getting looked at at the moment it'll probably be years before its half-way concise Very Happy

I've also added a more up-to-date version of chapter three. I've been trying to re-write this chapter as I get feedback in order to make it more concise, to tidy up the rules etc. Hopefully it's a little clearer. I've not had a chance to look at chapter 4 yet but its possible they will be a little contradictory until I do so for now just assume anything in chapter 3 supercedes chapter 4.

I've also added an update to the Force chapter. Just a couple of things that have been added over the last few months of play, including a new Force using tradition which we recently created. There are a few powers as well.

As usual, any feedback, advice and (most importantly) criticism greatly welcome.

Chapter Three: http://derriphan.110mb.com/Pdf/New%20Star%20Wars%20Rules/chapter%203%20basic%20rules%20and%20techniques.pdf

Chapter Five: http://derriphan.110mb.com/Pdf/New%20Star%20Wars%20Rules/chapter%205%20the%20force.pdf

Chapter Six: http://derriphan.110mb.com/Pdf/New%20Star%20Wars%20Rules/chapter%206%20vehicles%20and%20spaceship.pdf
cunning_kindred
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another small update to the site.

Recent conversation on the site has inspired me to overhaul and clean up the rules for autofire, recoil and the like. These rules haven't so much changed as been a bit streamlined with more emphasis on mounted weapons (after a few adventures with heavy weapons in them) Very Happy

Also, this has necessitated an update to the equipment chapter.

http://derriphan.110mb.com/Star%20Wars/Contents%20Page.html
Rubio
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of 4/20/2010, the site appears to be down Sad

-Susano Orbatos, Orion
cunning_kindred
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alas I am aware. The provider appears to be moving its computers or some such. I'm following the forum discussion and they appear aware of the problem but as yet no luck getting it back up and repaired. I'm hoping it'll come up soon. If not, I'll have to rebuild it at another hosting site (not a job I particularly relish). Sad
cunning_kindred
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks as though the site is back up and running. Hopefully it will stay that way. Very Happy
Nico_Davout
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good it is back, there are few things worth stealing Wink.

Han Solo shot first, midichlosomething do not exist, Rebel Alliance was created as in the WEG books and indoctrination theory is the true ending of ME3.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: