The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Conversion - Legacy Era Campaign Guide
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Conversion - Legacy Era Campaign Guide Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Conversion - Legacy Era Campaign Guide Reply with quote

I just looked at this in a bookstore, and I thought I'd give you a sneak peak at a conversion. There's a fair amount of material in the book, particularly in the Starship and Force Power section. Weapons and weapons look like there are a few repeats from WEG materials.

Quote:

Model: Standard Imperial Knight Armor
Type: Military armor
Scale: Character
Cost: (7,000) Not available for sale
Availability: 3, X
Game Notes: Adds +2D to resist physical damage and +1D to resist energy damage.

Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see they left out the Cortosis Gauntlet that comes standard issue.
cheshire

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it's there. It's just a separate piece of equipment. I didn't try to memorize the stats to more than one piece of equipment when I knew I would be doing the conversions more than 5 hours afterward.

I'm actually really looking forward to digging into the gauntlet.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, there are several theories as to exactly what Cortosis does. Or how to make them effective in the game without breaking the system. In the comic when the lightsaber hits Fel's gauntlet his saber is deactivated for several minutes, opening him up to be shot. Cortosis in my opinion is one of those things that PCs should never get, and NPCs should only use if it's life or death, and their time hasn't quite come yet.
cheshire

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pure cortosis armor only came into play in one of my games once. In that instance a PC had a very detailed backstory, and in it, he encountered a bounty hunter wearing said armor, and the bounty hunter killed his master.

Naturally I used his backstory to make the game more interesting.

It was a great fight.
Lostboy
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pure, unrefined cortosis ore was for unexplained reasons energized, killing anyone who touched it with his/her bare skin, this also means it discharges into a light saber and effectivly ionizes it for a short period of time. This can be preventewd however by modifing a saber's magnetic containment system.
cheshire

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've got 10 of these things to convert, so I'm going to post them a couple at a time. My pace will be slow until Monday or Tuesday since I'll be out of town and I won't have all of my conversion materials with me.

Quote:

Ballistakinesis
Alter Difficulty: Moderate or opposed dodge roll
Required Powers: Telekinesis
Warning: Anyone who uses this power against a living being gains an automatic Dark Side Point.
Effect: This allows the Force user to telekinetically spray a four square meter area. Anyone within that area may make a dodge roll to get out of the range of the effect. Any character unable to escape suffers 5D damage due to the spray of debris slashing, piercing, and bludgeoning their bodies.
Source: Legacy Era Campaign Guide (page 53)
Quote:

Combustion
Alter Difficulty: Difficult or opposed dodge roll
Warning: Anyone who uses this power against a living being gains an automatic Dark Side Point.
Effect: Using the Force, a character is able to raise the temperature of a four square meter area to the point of combustion. Anyone in this area may make a dodge roll to get out of the range of the effect. Any character unable to escape suffers 4D+1 damage for the first round from catching fire. The flames continue to do 3D damage for the next three rounds or until the flame is extinguished.

Quote:

Detonate
Sense Difficulty: Difficult
Alter Difficulty: Difficult
Required Powers: emptiness, hibernation trance, sense path, farseeing, life sense, shatterpoint sense, shatterpoint strike, telekinesis
Warning: any person using this power against a living being gains an immediate Dark Side point.
Effect: This power allows a character to reach out through the Force and sense faults or weak points in an object or person. Once sensing those weak points, the Jedi may make his alter roll to pour the Force into those weak points attempting to shatter or detonate the object (or person). This may be in the form of opening structurally weaker spots in a door, or may be used to re-open old wounds.

In game terms, once the player has successfully made the sense roll, he or she may then attempt to roll the alter for damage. If the player succeeds, then damage is determined by the chart below:

Beats difficulty by........Damage
0-4............................4D+2
5-9............................6D
10-14.........................7D+1
15..............................8D

I think that the Detonate is the Cade Skywalker power you've been anticipating, Forceally.
cheshire

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking at the initial damage for the Detonate, and I'm not sure that I've got it right.

Bolt of Hatred has no multiple action penalties, and gives a damage rating of D6 once you make a moderate roll. However, this has two skills rolls (sense and alter), and requires a difficult roll.

Should I lower the difficulties? Perhaps raise the damage? As it is, it seems like an ineficient way to detroy something or kill someone.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, where did the bolt of hatred come from? Confused Are you referring to bolt of corruption from TFU, or did you put it in there by mistake?

Second, I agree that the damage for detonate seems a bit high. If I want to 8D damage, I think I would need to beat the difficulty by 30. And shouldn't it be a Control/Sense/Alter power?

Third, what you have down for combustion... Have you ever read an X-Men comic or seen an X-Men cartoon? You know how Jubilee throws those firework bolts from her hands? I figured using combustion would allow a Jedi to do something similar to her mutant ability. The difference would be the sparks wouldn't be coming from the Jedi's hands. It would appear automatically in the air.

Fourth, with ballistakinesis, do you have to throw pebbles or grit or whatever from your hands and then add a little "push" to them, or do you use the Force right off the bat. As I recall in I, Jedi, the Saarai-kaar threw coins at Corran, then gave the coins a telekinetic shove while in flight, increasing their velocity.

And you're right. Detonate is what I was referring to. And to put the confusion I had with shatterpoint strike in simpler terms - I have my Jedi use shatterpoint sense to see the flaws in a cortosis armor. Now I just need to make the proper rolls, then my Jedi can gather up the Force energy and release it in a properly aimed strike, impacting the shatterpoint of the cortosis armor and causing it to go to pieces.

And this is just me, but considering the connection to shatterpoint and shatterpoint strike, I would have given the d6 conversion of detonate the name shatter.

Now that the preliminaries are over, I'll post what I've come up with. They might serve as the basis for the conversions.

Empower armor
Control and Alter
Prerequisites: concentration
Effect: Inspired by Vodo-Siosk Baas’ ability to empower his staff so he could parry a lightsaber blade, the Imperial Knights have developed a means of empowering their body armor by imbuing it with the Force. The amount of additional protection the armor receives depends on the Alter difficulty roll, but since the Force is spread out over a larger area, this amount is less than the amount of additional damage a Jedi could inflict on an opponent with a melee weapon affected by Force weapon. The additional protection is enough to withstand ordinary melee weapons and vibroweapons. It can also deflect a few blaster shots, but each deflected shot reduces the amount of additional protection, just as each laser shot lowers a starfighter's shields.
When it comes to a lightsaber or amphistaff, the protection is enough to withstand only one glancing blow. Had Darth Vader used this power on his own suit in ESB, it would have deflected the glancing blow Luke inflicted on his upper right arm. Similarly, had Anakin Solo used this in Star By Star, the amphistaff would have been deflected enough to leave a graze. Once the glancing blow is struck, the protection granted by this power immediately ends. However, this power doesn’t offer any protection against a solid blow given by a lightsaber, such as a stab through the chest or being cut from shoulder to hip.
Restriction – This is converted from Armor Augmentation I & II talents from the Knight’s Armor talent tree that’s available for the Imperial Knights. As such, this power is generally restricted to the Imperial Knights, since there are no other Force traditions whose members wear body armor and would therefore benefit from this power.

Dark transfer
Control, Sense, and Alter
Prerequisites: accelerate another’s healing, control another’s disease, control another’s pain, control disease, control pain, detoxify poison in another, detoxify poison, transfer Force
Effect: For all the strengths of the dark side, its healing powers were limited. Even Darth Bane had to acknowledge that. However, this power takes traditional healing methods available in the Force and taints it. With this power, a Jedi exerts his or her will that the recipient lives while using the Force to restore vitality to the recipient. Not only can a Jedi heal most injuries and purge the body of the most virulent poisons and diseases, a Jedi can even bring a recipient back to life.
However, for this power to be completely effective, the recipient must express the will to live. If the recipient wishes to die despite being affected by this power, the recipient will continue to hover on the brink of death so long as this power is in effect, but the recipient’s wounds and afflictions won’t be healed.
A Jedi must rest for eight hours in order to recover from the fatigue caused by the use of this power.
Though this power is generally used to treat one recipient, a Jedi can use this to treat two at once. However, the difficulty levels for treating a second person at the same time are increased by one.
In using this power, the Jedi enforces his or her own will upon the recipient. Such an act is of the dark side, and the Jedi automatically receives one Dark Side point for using this power. If in the course of using this power the recipient is brought back from death, the Jedi receives an additional Dark Side point, as he or she went against natural flow of life in accomplishing this feat.
Restriction: Cade Skywalker is the only Jedi known to use this power, but it would seem that the ancient Sith might have known this power, as evidenced by Karness Muur using this to begin healing Darth Krayt of the Vong seeds that had pervaded his body. The GM must exercise discretion and careful consideration before allowing a player to have his or her Jedi character learn this power.
Note: I know that this power is what Cade used to bring Master Wolf Sazen and Princess Marasiah Fel back to life. But considering the additional examples of this power – Cade possibly using it to cleanse his body of ixetal cilona, Cade using this to save Deliah Blue and Jariah Syn and purge their bodies of the mutated coral seeds, and Karness Muur starting to treat Darth Krayt’s ailment, I decided to beef it up a bit by giving it additional applications and by making it possible to use this power on oneself.

Enlighten
Control and Sense
Prerequisites: farseeing, life detection, life sense, projective telepathy, receptive telepathy, sense Force
Effect: Using this ability, a Jedi is able to sense visions of the near future and share them telepathically with an ally. Depending on the nature of the vision, the ally will receive a boost to any difficulty roll the ally makes in order to make a critical hit or evade a critical hit.
Note: I’ve never encountered this power, so I can’t really offer any further description to this power.

Force shield – lesser Force shield

Lightning burst
Control and Alter
Prerequisites: absorb/dissipate energy, control pain, Force lightning, inflict pain, injure/kill, life detection, life sense
Effect: With this power, a Jedi can call on the dark side and cause lightning to course out from the Jedi’s body in an arc that strikes all adjacent enemies. For every 2D the Jedi has in the Alter die, the target receives 1D of damage rounded down. If the target makes a successful Control or Perception roll, the damage the target suffers is halved. The target can repel this power and suffer no damage by using absorb/dissipate energy.
Using this power gives the Jedi a Dark Side point.
Note: I think this is what Celeste Morne/Karness Muur used while attacking Darth Krayt in the finale of the Vector arc. Note how the Force lightning arced out of Celeste’s body and struck everyone else while she focused most of her attack on Darth Krayt.

Obscure
Sense and Alter
Prerequisites: dim another’s senses
Effect: With this power, a Jedi can cloud the target’s mind and affect the target’s vision. This power doesn’t render the target blind, but it does make everything hazy, as if the target were trying to see through thick fog.
Once affected, the target suffers a penalty on all attack rolls because of the obscured vision. The target can make an opposing Control or Perception roll to escape being affected by this power. As this power affects vision, the target would not be affect by this power should the target be blind, capable of other forms of seeing, like seeing in the infrared or ultraviolet spectrum or having Force vision like the Miraluka, or be trained to fight blind.

Prescience
Sense
Prerequisites: sense Force
Effect: Reaching into the Force, a Jedi gains a sudden insight into dealing with a particular enemy within the line of sight. Depending on the roll, the Jedi receives a bonus to all attack rolls.

Stagger – Force push or telekinesis aimed at the legs or feet.

Dark Preservation talent – Remove fatigue

Detoxify Poison Technique – detoxify poison or detoxify poison in another

Shadow cloak
Sense and Alter
Prerequisites: absorb/dissipate energy, concentration, telekinesis
Effect: A Disciple of Twilight is able to bend the light around himself or herself in a way so that the Disciple becomes covered in shadows. When used in an area with low lighting, the Disciple gains a bonus to all hide and sneak rolls.
Note – This sounds a lot like cloak, but one of the key differences is that while cloak bends light so as to render the Jedi invisible, shadow cloak bends and minimizes the light, increasing the shadows that surround the Disciple. In addition, the Disciples have found that they were capable of doing more with their powers when they in the galaxy at large, rather than on the shadowy moon of Dyspeth. Therefore, a Disciple using this power on a world that’s more brightly lit than Dyspeth will have their difficulty levels reduced accordingly.
Restriction – This is converted from the Cloak of Shadow talent of the Disciple of Twilight talent tree. As such, anyone wishing to learn this power must be a Disciple of Twilight or learn if from a Disciple, whether it be on Dyspeth or elsewhere in the galaxy.

Disciple of Twilight talent Phantasm – illusion

Revealing illumination
Sense and Alter
Prerequisites: absorb/dissipate energy, concentration, life detection, sense Force, telekinesis
Effect: If a Disciple of Twilight is able to sense the presence of an opponent who is hiding behind some form of concealment, the Disciple is then able to bend the light around the opponent in a way that the target is covered in a faint silhouette of shimmering light. Unless the target makes a successful Control or willpower roll, the target will receive a penalty on all hide and sneak rolls for as long as the silhouette is in effect.
Note – The Disciples have found that they were capable of doing more with their powers when they in the galaxy at large, rather than on the shadowy moon of Dyspeth. Therefore, a Disciple using this power on a world that’s more brightly lit than Dyspeth will have their difficulty levels reduced accordingly.
Restriction – This is converted from the Revelation talent of the Disciple of Twilight talent tree. As such, anyone wishing to learn this power must be a Disciple of Twilight or learn if from a Disciple, whether it be on Dyspeth or elsewhere in the galaxy.

Shadow armor
Sense and Alter
Prerequisites: absorb/dissipate energy, concentration, shadow cloak, telekinesis
Effect: A Disciple of Twilight is able to bend the light around himself or herself in a way so that the shadows are wrapped tightly around the Disciple, making it difficult for an opponent to see where the Disciple ends and the shadows begin. When used in an area with low lighting, an opponent suffers a penalty on all attack rolls made against the Disciple unless the opponent makes a Control or Perception roll or has some other means of detecting the Disciple, such as night-vision, being able to see the infra-red spectrum, or sensing the Disciple in the Force.
Note – The Disciples have found that they were capable of doing more with their powers when they in the galaxy at large, rather than on the shadowy moon of Dyspeth. Therefore, a Disciple using this power on a world that’s more brightly lit than Dyspeth will have their difficulty levels reduced accordingly.
Restriction – This is converted from the Shadow Armor talent of the Disciple of Twilight talent tree. As such, anyone wishing to learn this power must be a Disciple of Twilight or learn if from a Disciple, whether it be on Dyspeth or elsewhere in the galaxy.

Disciple of Twilight talent Shadow Vision – magnify senses or shift sense, whichever one allows to have normal vision in low-light conditions

Ember of Vahl talent Initiate of Vahl – absorb/dissipate energy against fire and heat

Ember of Vahl talent Reading the Flame – farseeing

Enflame weapon
Control and Alter
Prerequisites: absorb/dissipate energy, concentration
Effect: By using this power, not only does a member of the Ember of Vahl imbue a melee with the weapon, thereby increasing the amount of damage, the member also alters the nature of the imbuement in such a way that the weapon also inflicts fire damage onto the target. After the results of the Alter roll has been determined, the member can decide how much of it can be allocated to increasing the damage from the weapon and how much of it can be attributed to fire damage. Those who are resistant to fire and/or heat can avoid the fire damage.
Restriction – This is converted from the Vahl’s Brand talent from the Ember of Vahl talent tree. As such, this power is generally restricted to those who are members of this cult. Given their long-standing animosity towards the Jedi, it is extremely unlikely that a Jedi would be able to learn this power. But this does not exclude the possibility that a Dark Jedi or a Sith might encounter this cult and learn this power.

Flaming brand
Control and Alter
Prerequisites: absorb/dissipate energy, concentration
Effect: By using this power, a member of the Ember of Vahl calls upon the Force to wreath his or her melee weapon in flames, making it possible to inflict additional fire damage upon a successful melee combat roll.
Restriction – This is converted from the Vahl’s Flame talent from the Ember of Vahl talent tree. As such, this power is generally restricted to those who are members of this cult. Given their long-standing animosity towards the Jedi, it is extremely unlikely that a Jedi would be able to learn this power. But this does not exclude the possibility that a Dark Jedi or a Sith might encounter this cult and learn this power.
cheshire

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:
First off, where did the bolt of hatred come from? Confused Are you referring to bolt of corruption from TFU, or did you put it in there by mistake?

No. Bolt of hatred is a standard WEG 2nd Ed. R&E force power. Everything that I do, I try to keep in balance with established powers. I don't think we should be trying to create all new game mechanics on our own from scratch and expect it to be consistent with the system that we know and love. I think that's part of what separates a conversion guide from a homebrew collection.

Forceally wrote:

Second, I agree that the damage for detonate seems a bit high. If I want to 8D damage, I think I would need to beat the difficulty by 30. And shouldn't it be a Control/Sense/Alter power?

My question was whether the difficulty was too high for the amount of damage done. If you port over the difficulty values, the d20 power is much easier to get more damage. I softened it a bit, and I was wondering if I had softened it too much. My guess from your reply would be that I hadn't softened it enough, in your opinion.

Forceally wrote:

Third, what you have down for combustion... Have you ever read an X-Men comic or seen an X-Men cartoon? You know how Jubilee throws those firework bolts from her hands? I figured using combustion would allow a Jedi to do something similar to her mutant ability. The difference would be the sparks wouldn't be coming from the Jedi's hands. It would appear automatically in the air.

Are you getting your impression from the Legacy Era guide, the Legacy comics, or from some other source? I was left with a different impression, though I may not be as exposed as you. Citations would be helpful.

With the rest of your force powers, can you list the pages from which they were converted? I don't have the book on hand with me at the moment, though it would help me once I got back home to see how you arrived at your conclusions.

Looking at a few of them, they seem to lack some essential mechanics. For example, difficulty levels are absent, and the effect of a given power is not always explicit. For example, how do I know if my Dark Transfer is effective or not? There are also a number of similarities to Transfer Force. It might be best to examine that power when establishing Dark Transfer.

I'd actually debated whether or not to even convert that power at all mostly because of its similarities to Transfer Force. One of the major distinctions that I see has to do with the willingness of the target. But otherwise, I wonder why change the mechanics much at all.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, I know that most of what I present lack difficulty indicators. I'm not really good with those. I just present the effects and what I beleive to be the required prerequisites. I leave the establishing of the difficulty rolls to you and Gry Sarth.

cheshire wrote:
Forceally wrote:
First off, where did the bolt of hatred come from? Are you referring to bolt of corruption from TFU, or did you put it in there by mistake?

No. Bolt of hatred is a standard WEG 2nd Ed. R&E force power. Everything that I do, I try to keep in balance with established powers. I don't think we should be trying to create all new game mechanics on our own from scratch and expect it to be consistent with the system that we know and love. I think that's part of what separates a conversion guide from a homebrew collection.

I know that bolt of hatred is an established d6 power from WEG. My question was pertaining to one of your previous post.

cheshire wrote:
Bolt of Hatred has no multiple action penalties, and gives a damage rating of D6 once you make a moderate roll. However, this has two skills rolls (sense and alter), and requires a difficult roll.

I was confused why you mentioned bolt of hatred in this post. I see now that you were comparing certain properties that bolt of hatred has and properties that combustion has.

cheshire wrote:
Forceally wrote:

My question was whether the difficulty was too high for the amount of damage done. If you port over the difficulty values, the d20 power is much easier to get more damage. I softened it a bit, and I was wondering if I had softened it too much. My guess from your reply would be that I hadn't softened it enough, in your opinion.

Yeah, I think you might need to soften it, but not too much. I mean then you'd have people saying the conversion is too weak. Maybe what you have should be okay. The final call is yours.

cheshire wrote:
Forceally wrote:

Are you getting your impression from the Legacy Era guide, the Legacy comics, or from some other source? I was left with a different impression, though I may not be as exposed as you. Citations would be helpful.

I don't believe I've seen this in any of the comics yet. I'm going by what's in the guide. Here's the specific citation from pg 53. "You can use the Force to agitate particles in the air to create a pyrokinetic spray of sparks." It was the "pyrokinetic spray of sparks" that prompted my comment about Jubilee and her powers.

cheshire wrote:
With the rest of your force powers, can you list the pages from which they were converted? I don't have the book on hand with me at the moment, though it would help me once I got back home to see how you arrived at your conclusions.

Armor Augmentation I & II talents - pg 45.

Dark Transfer - pg 53, but I beefed it up a bit by drawing on what Cade did in the Claws of the Dragon, Vector - Legacy, and Storms arcs. In case you haven't gotten the first part of Storms yet, Cade's using this power to keep Azlyn alive, but that's all it's doing. It's not healing her. She was and willing ready to die, but Cade wasn't willing to let her go. That's where I add that the recipient must be willing.

Enlighten, Force Shield, Obscure, Prescience, and Stagger are all on pg 54. Lightning Burst is also on pg 54, and the example I cited is in the final issue of the Vector arc.

Dark Preservation talent and Detoxify Poison technique - pg 55.

Cloak of Shadow and Phantasm - pg 57.

Revelation, Shadow Armor, and Shadow Vision talents - pg 58.

Initiate of Vahl, Reading the Flame, Vahl's Brand, and Vahl's Flame talents - pg 59.
cheshire

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I'll take a look at those while I'm doing revisions. It looks like gry is going to sit this one out, so I've also got to do ships and droids as well. I'm pretty sure that there are no new species.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's only one new species - the Vahla. They're on pg 59 as well.
cheshire

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip on the Species, I would have missed that.

I've taken another look at Dark Transfer, mostly based on the occurance with Cade Skywalker in the first Legacy comic

Quote:

Dark Transfer
Control Difficulty: Easy modified by relationship.
Alter Difficulty: Moderate.
Required Powers: Control pain, control another’s pain
Time to Use: One minute
Warning: Anyone who uses this power gains one Dark Side point.
Effect: This power may be used to call upon the Dark Side to fill an injured person and restore vitality after being mortally wounded, and may even be used a few moments after death. Unlike Transfer Force, this power does not require that the target be willingly restored, and in fact, it is often used to restore an unwilling person.

In game terms, after a character has been injured or killed, the player may choose to activate Dark Transfer. If the roll succeeds, then target will move up one wound level (though the character’s wound level will not degrade due to failing a natural healing roll for one week). If the roll beats the difficulty by 10, then the target’s condition improves by two wound levels. If the roll beats difficulty by 15, then the target improves three wound levels. For each additional 5 that the roll beats the difficulty, the wound level improves by one. When a character activates this power, he or she gains an immediate Dark Side point and moves down one wound level.

And I've added some mechanics to enlighten, basing the mechanics off of Battle Meditation, and Enhance Coordination. Though it would necessarily need projective telepathy.

In d20 it lets someone use a Jedi's Use the Force check instead of their own combat roll, and so I've decided to stay relatively true to that. Since there are no critical hits in D6, that aspect has been omitted.

Quote:

Enlighten
Control Difficulty: Easy (Modified by relationship.)
Sense Difficulty: Moderate
Alter Difficulty: Moderate
Required Powers: Projective telepathy, combat sense, danger sense, life detection
Effect: This power creates a very brief telepathic link between the Jedi and one ally within 20 meters and within line of site. When the ally is engaged in combat, the Jedi may extend himself through the Force outward towards the opponents and to instill some of that sense in the mind of his ally to aid him in combat.

In game terms, the Jedi may select one ally in combat and that ally may choose to use the Jedi’s alter roll instead of any one offensive or defensive roll that round. If the Jedi wishes for his ally to take advantage of this power the next round, the Jedi must re-roll to re-activate the power.
Source: Legacy Era Campaign Guide (page 54).

Quote:

Lightning burst
Control Difficulty: Moderate
Alter Difficulty: Targets’ control or perceptions rolls
Required Powers: Force lightning
Warning: A Jedi who uses this power for any reason immediately gains a Dark Side Point.
Effect: This power, like Force lightning is a corruption of the Force, intended to create searing pain and injury to any character that happens to be adjacent to the Jedi. As the Jedi unleashes her hate and anger in the form of pure electrical energy, all characters within one meter of the Jedi are jolted with serious pain. Armor does not protect a character from lightning burst, though it can be repelled with absorb/dissipate energy. Unlike Force lightning, lightning burst requires only one roll to strike every target within one meter, though it does a standard damage of 4D to every character that does not successfully resist the roll.

Quote:

Obscure
Sense Difficulty: Easy, modified by proximity.
Alter Difficulty: Moderate, or target’s Perception or control roll.
Required Powers: Dim another’s senses
This power may be kept up.
Effect: A Jedi may select a target, and use the Force to cloud their mind to disrupt their senses while in combat. Obscure is incapable of inducing complete blindness or deafness, though any person or thing that the target attempts to focus on will appear indistinct under the mental pressure exerted by the Jedi. The target will receive a penalty of -2D to all offensive or defensive skill rolls until the power is dropped. Those characters with blindfighting may use their combat skills normally.

Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would Obscure also work on a Gand's ultraviolet vision or a Miraluka's Force-vision? When it comes to a species that can see in the infrared or ultraviolet spectrum, I think it might, but I'm not 100% certain. As for the Miraluka's ability to see in the Force, I don't believe that type of vision would be affected.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: