The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Inside the Mountain
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fading Light - vong -> Inside the Mountain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Inside the Mountain Reply with quote

Trustrum and Drayke were summoned to the security centre urgently by the current man on watch. Drayke because he is looked up to as the leader of the refugees, and Trustrum because of his ability to identify different species. You see them gathering in the entrance way chatting.

Trustrum identifies all the members of the group as the following: 2 humans, a Gand, Esoomian, Jawa, Shistavanen, a Wookie and someone wearing ubese armor. Gands are normally known for being hermits. You know Esoomian to usually be used as body guards and hired muscle, but not much else. Jawas are native to Tatooine, and you have never actually seen one before in your life, but you have read about them. Shistavanen are usually uncultured . Wookies are brutes but incredibly loyal.

There are a few booby traps set up along the tunnel for what you would have thought as the invaders coming down that passageway. In fact the cave in was caused as an animal wandered in a bit too far and was unfortunately buried within the rubble.

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php

Last edited by vong on Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Falcon79
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:28 am    Post subject: Re: Inside the Mountain Reply with quote

vong wrote:
Trustrum and Drayke were summoned to the security centre urgently by the current man on watch. Drayke because he is looked up to as the leader of the refugees, and Trustrum because of his ability to identify different species. You see them gathering in the entrance way chatting.

Trustrum identifies all the members of the group as the following: 2 humans, a Gand, Esoomian, Jawa, Shistavanen, a Wookie and someone wearing ubese armor. Gands are normally known for being hermits. You know Esoomian to usually be used as body guards and hired muscle, but not much else. Jawas are native to Tatooine, and you have never actually seen one before in your life, but you have read about them. Shistavanen are usually uncultured . Wookies are brutes but incredibly loyal.

There are a few booby traps set up along the tunnel for what you would have thought as the invaders coming down that passageway. In fact the cave in was caused as an animal wandered in a bit too far and was unfortunately buried within the rubble.

Trustrum walks into the security center with his pistol at his side and his trusty rifle slung on his shoulder, wearing a blast vest and helmet, as he had been called off watch.... He identifies each of the alien members of the party in the cave by their species name to the people in the security center imediately out loud:

"Drayke, looks like two Humans, a Gand, an Esoomian, weirdly enough.... a Jawa, a Shistivanen, a Wookie and someone or something in Ubese Raider Armor. A motley crew that bunch is....."

Trustrum Tries to remeber more about each of the spiecies of their "visitors" (Roll Alien Species skill) and the proper phrases and greetings to speak to them with and more about their cultures should they turn out to be allies (Roll Languages and Cultures skills).

"They MAY friends.... Then again they NOT be..... We shouldn't take ANYTHING for granted."
obidancer
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drayke scratches his chin with the cold fingers of his droid arm, while assessing the situation.

Well they ain't those Vong things and that's all that matter. How in hell they get there is another story I just hope they ain't bringing those monsters with them.

Let's go get them before they advance too much into the cave and stumble into one of our trap. But let's keep them at bay until we find out the true story behind their presence. Trustrum, grab some men and guns and head for the cave. I'll deactivate the remote traps and will join you after that.

Calling the current guard on duty, Drayke add.
Son, watch this. Those two codes will deactivate the remote laser mines set inside the cave. Once we all pass them reactivate them and wait for my orders. You're never cautious enough. If those visitors have bad intentions and take us out we might as well leave them with a few surprises, right?
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Inside the Mountain Reply with quote

Falcon79 wrote:
Trustrum Tries to remeber more about each of the spiecies of their "visitors" (Roll Alien Species skill) and the proper phrases and greetings to speak to them with and more about their cultures should they turn out to be allies (Roll Languages and Cultures skills).

"They MAY friends.... Then again they NOT be..... We shouldn't take ANYTHING for granted."

ooc: Alien species: already rolled.

You dont know any of the native languages, but you know that all but the Wookie can speak basic. You have a very basic understanding of wookie, a few words here and there. The only formal greeting that you know of is that of the Wookie. You are very sure you read that it was quite dishonourable to not greet a Wookie formally, but some exceptions were made for outsiders. It would probably be wise to say it to increase your chances of forming an alliance. the formal greeting is as follows "may your furs forever line the Scorekeeprs wall". You believe that the Wookie people worship a god they call Scorekeepr, and that the furs represent his ansestors and children passed on to the afterlife. So when death comes he is re-united with his family.

ooc: major fumble on the cultures check for Wookie.

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

obidancer wrote:
Drayke scratches his chin with the cold fingers of his droid arm, while assessing the situation.

Well they ain't those Vong things and that's all that matter. How in hell they get there is another story I just hope they ain't bringing those monsters with them.

Let's go get them before they advance too much into the cave and stumble into one of our trap. But let's keep them at bay until we find out the true story behind their presence. Trustrum, grab some men and guns and head for the cave. I'll deactivate the remote traps and will join you after that.

Calling the current guard on duty, Drayke add.
Son, watch this. Those two codes will deactivate the remote laser mines set inside the cave. Once we all pass them reactivate them and wait for my orders. You're never cautious enough. If those visitors have bad intentions and take us out we might as well leave them with a few surprises, right?

The kid nods, and says "I will keep an eye on the cams, and I will wait your orders."

oc: Comlinks are not used in the mountain for fear of their signal making it out and being traced. you have used some walkie talkie like things you have built, but you doubt the range will get all the way down the tunnel (like 2-3km out). He is gonna watch for your hand signals which you have already pre-determined (he knows, you know etc). just FYI on no comlinks though.

obidancer
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't mess up with those codes, Son, or we're all Bantha Fodders! If the visitors are hostiles, and manage to take us down, it's up to you to protect them all. Understood? So keep an eye on the monitor.

Without waiting mch for an answer, Drayke goes to grab a rifle, and join Trustrum and the group of men he may have gathered.

Let's go meet our new guest shall we?
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drayke and Trustrum make their way to the tunnel's entrance. Here 13 men and women waiting for you there with blast vests and blaster rifles.

They are all loaded up in the escape cart (mag car) and ready to go.

You head down the tunnel slowing down to be a bit more quiet.

Your team makes it to the other side of the cave in, and you can see that the visitors are not quite through yet.

obidancer
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the men position themselves, Drayke hears a loud HELLO that passes through the rocks.

Draykes whispers to Trustrum
They know we're here... meaning they are well equipped; probably life scan sensors; or portable motion detector. No amateurs then...
Stay alert. Let's wait until they break through.

When Draykes hears the strangers are almost making it through the rumble, he yells at them:

It ain't polite coming to someone's place uninvited, strangers. Even less through the backdoor. State your business right now or we'll show you the true meaning of bad household etiquette.
And don't get fancy with those weapons, I can see you, you know...
(lie, I know).
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short intro thread: you guys are posting in the IC thread

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fading Light - vong All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: