The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

WEG STAR WARS COLLECTION LIST
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> WEG STAR WARS COLLECTION LIST Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: WEG STAR WARS COLLECTION LIST Reply with quote

MY STAR WARS D6 COLLECTION LIST

1987 Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game (first edition) 144-page hardcover

1988 Battle for the Golden Sun 40-page paperback adventure w/ color Aquatic Imperial Garrison deck plan poster and the first edition Rules Upgrade pamphlet.

I also have the big full-color fold-out maps that came with the 1st edition releases: The Star Wars Campaign Pack (1988) and Starfall (1989), which were both later republished in 2nd edition form without the big full-color maps (see below).

1989 Scavenger Hunt 40-page paperback adventure w/ color Lambda-class Shuttle deck plan poster

1989 Otherspace 40-page paperback adventure w/ color map

1989 The Star Wars Rules Companion (upgrades to first edition rules, "1.5e") 80-page paperback including an adventure

1990 Crisis on Cloud City 40-page paperback adventure w/ Sabacc card game

1990 Otherspace II: Invasion 40-page paperback adventure including Assault On Hoth scenario w/ game cards

1990 Black Ice 40-page paperback adventure

1990 The Isis Coordinates 64-page paperback adventure

1991 Cracken's Rebel Field Guide 80-page paperback supplement

1992 Planet of the Mists 64-page paperback adventure

1992 Mission to Lianna 64-page paperback adventure

1992 Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition 176 page hardcover

1992 Star Wars Gamemaster Screen for Second Edition 48-page adventure hook booklet w/ reference screens

1993 Wanted by Cracken (NR) 96-page paperback supplement

1993 Twin Stars of Kira (NR smugglers) 96-page paperback adventure

1993 Star Wars Gamemaster Handbook for Second Edition 128-page paperback

1993 Dark Empire Sourcebook (NR) 128-page hardcover

1993 Supernova 96-page paperback planetary supplement on Demophon including 5 mini-adventures

1993 Death Star Technical Companion (Second Edition) 96-page paperback supplement

1993 Galaxy Guide 8: Scouts (NR) 96-page paperback supplement

1993 Galaxy Guide 9: Fragments from the Rim 96-page paperback supplement

1993 Han Solo and the Corporate Sector Sourcebook 144-page hardcover (Han Solo at Star's End + Han Solo's Revenge)

1994 Galaxy Guide 10: Bounty Hunters 126-page paperback supplement

1994 Galaxy Guide 4: Alien Races (Second Edition) 96-page paperback supplement

1994 Galaxy Guide 6: Tramp Freighters (Second Edition) 96-page paperback supplement including Minos Sector sourcefile + campaign

1994 Rebel Alliance Sourcebook (Second Edition) 144-page hardcover

1994 Cracken's Rebel Operatives 96-page paperback supplement

1994 The Star Wars Sourcebook (Second Edition) 144-page hardcover

1994 Imperial Sourcebook (Second Edition) 144-page hardcover

1994 Galaxy Guide 11: Criminal Organizations (NR) 96-page paperback supplement

1994 The Star Wars Planets Collection
256-page paperback compiling Planets of the Galaxy volumes, updated to 2nd ed.
Volume 1: ten classic planet profiles w/ planet generation system
Volume 3: classic profiles of Elrood Sector, 5 major + 10 minor planets
Volume 2: eight NR planet profiles

1994 Creatures of the Galaxy 96-page paperback supplement featuring 72 original creatures + Worrt

1994 Classic Campaigns 96-page paperback supplement compiling the material from The Star Wars Campaign Pack (Running a Star Wars Campaign + The Longshot Campaign in the Fakir Sector), and The Star Wars Gamemaster Kit (Rebel Cell Construction + The Bissillirus Campaign in the Trax Sector), updated to second edition

1995 Platt's Starport Guide 160-page paperback supplement

1995 Goroth: Slave of the Empire 96-page paperback adventure

1995 Flashpoint! Brak Sector 96-page paperback sector sourcebook and campaign

1995 Galladinium's Fantastic Technology: Guns and Gear for any Occasion 96-page paperback supplement

1995 Alliance Intelligence Reports paperback supplement decribing non-Imperial threats to the Rebellion

1995 The DarkStryder Campaign (NR) box set with a campaign book, an adventure book including 6 adventures, 56 adventure cards, a color poster of the FarStar deck plans

1995 Classic Adventures 128-page paperback compiling two 1st edition adventure books, updated to 2nd edition: The Abduction of Crying Dawn Singer (classic), and The Politics of Contraband (set of NR smuggler adventures)

1995 Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin & Bespin (Second Edition) 96-page paperback supplement

1995 Galaxy Guide 12: Alien Races: Enemies and Allies 96-page paperback supplement

1995 Galaxy Guide 1: A New Hope (Second Edition) 96-page paperback supplement

1995 Galaxy Guide 5: Return of the Jedi (Second Edition) 96-page paperback supplement

1995 Classic Adventures: Volume Two 96-page paperback compiling 2 first edition adventures updated to second edition: Graveyard of Alderaan and Domain of Evil

1995 Heroes and Rogues 128-page paperback player supplement

1996 The DarkStryder Campaign: Kathol Outback (NR) 96-page paperback adventure book including five adventures

1996 Truce at Bakura Sourcebook 150-page hardcover

1996 The Best of the Star Wars Adventure Journal Issues 1-4 136-page paperback compilation including the solitaire adventure "The Void Terror," and the sourcefiles "A Free Trader's Guide to Sevarcos" and "Rebel Privateers!"

1996 The Jedi Academy Sourcebook (NR) 144-page hardcover

1996 The Darkstryder Campaign: The Kathol Rift (NR) 96-page paperback adventure book including 5 adventures

1996 The Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook (NR) 248-page paperback compiling the 3 sourcebooks for the novel trilogy: Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising & The Last Command (updated to second edition)

1996 The Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
128-page hardcover

1996 Classic Adventures: Volume Three 96-page paperback compiling 3 first edition adventures updated to second edition: Tatooine Manhunt, Riders of the Maelstrom, and Death in the Undercity

1996 Galaxy Guide 3: The Empire Strikes Back (Second Edition) 96-page paperback supplement

1996 Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition, Revised and Expanded 288-page hardcover

1996 Shadows of the Empire Planets Guide 96-page paperback supplement

1996 The DarkStryder Campaign: Endgame (NR) 128-page paperback adventure book

1996 Star Wars Gamemaster Screen, Revised 64-page supplement w/ reference screens

1996 Tales of the Jedi Companion hardcover sourcebook

1996 Operation: Elrood 96-page paperback adventure book with three adventures.

1996 Classic Adventures: Volume Four: The Best of the Journal 144-page paperback SW Adventure Journal compilation including "Swoop Gangs"

1996 Pirates and Privateers 128-page paperback supplement

1996 Instant Adventures 68-page paperback including 9 adventures w/ 32 color adventure cards

1997 No Disintegrations! 96-page paperback adventure book including five bounty hunter adventures

1997 Star Wars: Introductory Adventure Game box set with 4 paperback booklets, 64 color adventure cards, 7 maps, 3 sheets of cut-out stand-up characters, and 6 dice. Booklets include Character Sheets, Players Booklet, Narrator Booklet, and Adventure Book (6 adventures)

1997 Cynabar's Fantastic Technology: Droids 96-page paperback supplement

1997 Wretched Hives of Scum and Villainy 112-page paperback supplement

1997 Imperial Double-Cross 64-page paperback solitaire adventure

1997 Black Sands of Socorro 128-page paperback sourcebook

1997 Secrets of the Sisar Run 96-page paperback sourcebook including a smuggler campaign

1997 Lords of the Expanse box set with a Sector Guide, Gamemaster Guide, Campaign Guide, Sector poster map, 16 full-color adventure cards, and 6 dice

1997 Rules of Engagement: The Rebel SpecForce Handbook 128-page paperback supplement

1997 Cracken's Threat Dossier (NR) 144-page paperback sourcebook for The Courtship of Princess Leia, The Black Fleet Crisis, and The Corellian Trilogy

1997 Gundark's Fantastic Technology: Personal Gear 96-page paperback supplement

1997 The Star Wars Trilogy Sourcebook: Special Edition 192-page hardcover

1997 Players Guide to Tapani 64-page paperback supplement

1997 Platt's Smuggler's Guide 96-page paperback players supplement with 24 adventure cards

1997 Stock Ships Sourcebook 96-page paperback with 16 adventure cards

1997 Tapani Sector Instant Adventures 96-page paperback including 5 adventures with 32 color adventure cards

1997 Mos Eisley Adventure Set box set with 32-page adventure booklet, Galaxy Guide 7, full-color poster map of Mos Eisley, Mos Eisley Shoot-Out miniature scenario, 12 metal miniatures, and 6 dice

1998 Classic Adventures: Volume Five 126-page paperback compiling 3 first edition adventures updated to second edition: Strike Force: Shantipole, Starfall, and The Game Chambers of Questal

1998 Hideouts & Strongholds 144-page paperback supplement

1998 Alien Encounters 184-page paperback supplement

1998 The Far Orbit Project 176-page paperback Pirates & Privateers supplement including a sourcefile on the Ringali Shell and a Rebel privateer campaign

1994 Star Wars Adventure Journal, Issue No. 1 "Regina Cayli" (updated to Second Edition)

1994 Star Wars Adventure Journal, Issue No. 2 "Out of the Cradle", "Recon & Report: The Journey to Coruscant"

1994 Star Wars Adventure Journal, Issue No. 3 "Galaxywide NewsNets", "Smuggler's Log" (Bulk Freighters), " The Business of Bacta", "Blasters for Hire: A Mercenary's Guidebook", "Outlaw Battle Armor"

1994 Star Wars Adventure Journal, Issue No. 4 "It's a Gambler's Life", "Smuggler's Log" (re: ships), "Cracken's...Guide" (Scanners)

1995 Star Wars Adventure Journal, Issue No. 5 "A Byers Guide to Alternative Starships", "Crimson Jailbreak", "Vengeance Strike"

1995 Star Wars Adventure Journal, Issue No. 6 "Wanted by Cracken", "Scouts' Dispatch"

1995 Star Wars Adventure Journal, Issue No. 7 "The History of R-series Astromech Droids", "Smuggler's Log" (Wroonians), "Into the Core Worlds", HoloNet Hype" (Starship Fuel)

1995 Star Wars Adventure Journal, Issue No. 8 "Blaze of Glory"

1996 Star Wars Adventure Journal, Issue No. 9 "Fizzi's Slightly Used Starships", "Lumrunners", "ISB Intercepts"

1996 Star Wars Adventure Journal, Issue No. 10 "Cracken's Rebel Field Guide: Slicing Aids", "Toria Tell's Droid Journal", "Alliance Intelligence Report: TIE Fighters", "Wanted by Cracken"

1996 Star Wars Adventure Journal, Issue No. 11 "Smuggler's Log" (The Klatooinan Trade Guild)

1997 Star Wars Adventure Journal, Issue No. 12 "Imperial Garrisons", "The Festival of the High Winds", "Vehicle Counters"

1997 Star Wars Adventure Journal, Issue No. 13 "Special Ops: Ship Jackers", "Cynabar's Droid Datalog"

1997 Star Wars Adventure Journal, Issue No. 14 "Special Ops: Drop Points", "Files of Correllia Antilles", "Cynabar's Droid Datalog"

1997 Star Wars Adventure Journal, Issue No. 15 "Alien Encounters: The Shard", "ISB Intercepts", "Tasariq: The Crystal Planet"

EDITs: item details clarifications above

EDIT: The above is my main WEG Star Wars RPG collection. It is composed of all core rules releases, all 1e books that were not republished in 2e form, and all 2e publications except for softover reprints and four 2e books that were republished in another form:

Dark Force Rising Sourcebook (-->> Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook)
The Last Command Sourcebook (-->> Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook)
The Movie Trilogy Sourcebook (-->> Galaxy Guides 1, 3, 5 2e)
Planets of the Galaxy, Volume Two (-->> The SW Planets Collection)

Since the original post, I expanded my WEG Star Wars collection beyond the definition above. Below are the additional books and reasons.

1987 The Star Wars Sourcebook 1e - I chanced upon and re-bought my original copy 22 years after selling it!

1990 Riders of the Maelstrom - The 2e republication in Classic Adventures 3 cuts a lot out. I already had the full-color fold-out deck plan of the Kuari Princess Mon Cal liner from the first time I had owned the module, and the copy I found to re-buy was without the map so my new copy now has the original map.

1990 Galaxy Guide 6: Tramp Freighters 1e - I also got this for the stuff left out of the 2e version of this book.

1993 Planets of the Galaxy, Volume Three - This is partial duplication of The Star Wars Planets Collection compilation book, but I will run this campaign and got it for the convenience of it being its own book without the other two volumes.

The following aren't RPG books, but I got the '93 Miniatures Battles book because it is a mini game system based on the 2e RPG. The other two Miniatures books have variations of and additions to those rules.

1993 Star Wars Miniatures Battles (second edition)
1994 Star Wars Miniatures Battles Companion
1996 Imperial Entanglements

I got the following two LARP books below because they also have rules based on the RPG.

1996 Live-Action Adventures
1996 Gamemaster Toolkit: Live-Action Adventures

2018 FFG's Star Wars RPG 30th Anniversary Set - The return of WEG Star Wars to publication after a 20 year hiatus. Nice reproductions of the 1e Core and Sourcebook. Getting this set allowed me to "retire" my poor, beat-up original copies, sealing them in plastic.

All of the softcover books in this entire thread above are 'bagged and boarded' (magazine-sized comic book collector protection) unless they are in a boxed set. It helps keeps the paperbacks from getting warped.

Finally, I only have purely duplicate copies of two books. I have a few copies of R&E because, before 2015, I used find used copies on sale for $10-15 (and sometimes even get them on sale for 20-50% off that price). I've given some of those copies away over the years, a few to players and one to a veteran across the country who lost his copy in a flood. I still have my original copy on my RPG bookshelf, a copy beside my computer desk and a copy on my nightstand–I always read before bed so that is a backup material if I don't have anything else to read (rare), or if I think of a question to look up before falling asleep. And I got a new copy of GG6 2e because my original is worn and written in (uncharacteristically by me), so the new copy stays on my bookshelf and the old copy is also by my computer desk (a reference copy never bagged and boarded).
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage

Last edited by Whill on Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:51 pm; edited 21 times in total
Zarash
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, that must have set you back some bucks.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! At first when I saw this, I thought, "Oh geez, another re-statement of all the information we've already seen a dozen times." Instead, you've given us some info on the contents with each listing. Thanks a lot. Much appreciated.
Whill

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome!

My collection above is composed of every item published for 2nd edition and the 1st edition material that was not reproduced for 2nd edition in any form, and all five game system rules releases. For The Star Wars Campaign Pack, Tatooine Manhunt, Strike Force: Shantipole, Starfall and Riders of the Maelstrom, I have the full-color fold-out maps that came with the 1st editions of those. In cases where second edition materials were later compiled for a rerelease, I have the compilations.

And since they are for games with game systems based on the RPG, I also have the following books as alternate versions of the 2E rules:

1993 Star Wars Miniatures Battles (second edition)
1994 Star Wars Miniatures Battles Companion
1996 Imperial Entanglements

1996 Live-Action Adventures
1996 Gamemaster Toolkit: Live-Action Adventures
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage

Last edited by Whill on Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Shocked Are you missing anything at all? Or is you collection complete? How long did it take you to complete the WEG portion?
Whill

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: re: WEG Star Wars Reply with quote

WEG portion? It's all WEG.

It is complete: all 2e stuff, all 1E stuff not reproduced for 2E, an all versions of the rules (except for the 1e miniature rules).

I believe I acquired the last few items I needed to complete the collection in 2008.

Would anybody find it helpful for this list to be stickied?
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's "impressive...most impressive!" Smile

I thought I'd seen something near the end from another game company. My mistake.

I for one think it would be a great idea to sticky this, being as it could provide any prospective collector a great master list of what's available.
Whill

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have quite a lot of non-WEG Star Wars books too, RPG and non-RPG. Maybe I'll list all those some day. Cool
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My collection is similar in scope; I'm missing Galaxy Guides 1, 3 and 5, the solitaire adventures and the miniatures books, all of which I decided not to purchase for varying reasons.

IIRC, there is a pdf that lists all of the WEG Star Wars books, including cover art, release date and ISBN number.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Zarm R'keeg
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: WEG STAR WARS COLLECTION LIST Reply with quote

Whill wrote:

1989 Crisis on Cloud City 40-page paperback adventure w/ Sabacc card game

That "w/ Sabacc card game" seems to be perhaps the rarest object in the entire WEG canon- at least in my experience. Smile

Hard core OT, all the way!
Whill

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: WEG STAR WARS COLLECTION LIST Reply with quote

Zarm R'keeg wrote:
Whill wrote:

That "w/ Sabacc card game" seems to be perhaps the rarest object in the entire WEG canon- at least in my experience. Smile

I bought this module when it was new and still have the entire deck. I've actually used it to play Sabacc a few times outside of any RPG adventure with friends who were interested, but we've never bothered with it during an RPG adventure.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
The Jedi Master
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the list, it looks a little short to me.
Whill

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jedi Master wrote:
Looking at the list, it looks a little short to me.

TJM, I invite you (or anyone) to name a book I don't have. The overall list may appear short to you because I intentionally do not have the 1E versions of books that were later reproduced in 2E form. I see no reason to have two versions of the same book so I only have the 2E version in those cases. Having both would just be an unnecessary decrease of real estate on my overflowing Star Wars bookshelf. I want my collection to be complete, but also still be practical.

So my collection is a complete 2E collection, plus all the 1E books that were not released under 2E (but of course are still adaptable for use with 2E). It is also a complete 1E collection in the sense of having every 1E book not reproduced in 2E form, and then having the 2E versions of every 1E books that were.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Red 331
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: WEG STAR WARS COLLECTION LIST Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Zarm R'keeg wrote:
Whill wrote:

I bought this module when it was new and still have the entire deck. I've actually used it to play Sabacc a few times outside of any RPG adventure with friends who were interested, but we've never bothered with it during an RPG adventure.

I have a couple extra copies of Crisis on Cloud City - mint, unopened with shrinkwrap and all extras (including card deck). I've had trouble finding this on ebay to see what they're worth these days. Anybody have an idea on a going price? I'll bet the "Idiot's Array" episode on the Rebels cartoon has re-sparked some interest in the game.
Whill

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:47 pm    Post subject: "Fate" Points in SW? Reply with quote

OK... I have this memory of a WEG SW product that had "Fate Points" instead of Character Points or Force Points. And yes, I think it was Star Wars, not another game. In my mind it was a 1992 book in anticipation of changing the name of one of the points for 2e, but of course that didn't end up happening, and when the material was later updated for 2e, it was back to the normal names for the points. I had been thinking it was the Heir to the Empire Sourcebook hardback, but I just re-bought a copy of it and none of the stat blocks have any Fate Points, Force Points, Skill Points or Character Points. Were there perhaps multiple printings of this book?

So I am stumped. Was there really ever any WEG SW publication that had "Fate Points" instead of Character Points or Force Points?? Or is this memory the distorted vestiges of brain cells damaged in college???
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: