The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Conversions - The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Conversions - The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't really abbreviate my sources, which is creating some very long "Source" lines in my stats nowadays. Sheesh, what is Wizards thinking, why is everything a CAMPAIGN GUIDE these days? Whatever happened to the good ol' SOURCEBOOKS?
Lostboy
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The emperor was not much stronger than starkiller he simply had a much broarder knowledge of the force, the reason that starkiller did not survive the explosion and the emperor did is because when starkiller was holding back the emperor force lightning vader and a bunch of stormtroopers showed up to threaten the rebels escape so starkiller did the only thing he could do to save them he chanelled the force through his own body to create an explosion.

Starkiller was at the epicentre and the emperor was not and the emperor had probably sheilded himself to prevent damage from force lightning blowback.

Aside from pulling down the star destroyer and using offensive force powers without gaining copious amounts of darkside points starkiller did not do anything that cannot be replicated in standard d6 starwars

Also im working on d6 stats for Starkiller based on observations made during gameplay and extraploated data i.e. using force lightning to shoot down a tie fighter takes at least 8d character scale damage and that means an alter of 16, at games end saber ability slightly above vaders and slightly below the emperors by checking verious d6 books we can get stats for vader and the emperor.

The problem is all original d6 books insist that the emperor did not use a lightsaber and so no skill is listed for him although revenge of the sith movie would seem to indicate his skill alittle less than Mace windu.

Well iv rambled enough if you have comments, suggestions or submisions id love to read them.
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lostboy wrote:
The problem is all original d6 books insist that the emperor did not use a lightsaber and so no skill is listed for him although revenge of the sith movie would seem to indicate his skill alittle less than Mace windu.

Dark Empire Sourcebook (1993) lists Palpatine (as the Emperor Reborn) as having Lightsaber 13D.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Lostboy
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stand corrected, but those stats are above and beyond those listed in other sources, but this dose likely indicate that his skill at the time of fighting starkiller would be around 13d not counting possible skill atrophy or advancment.

Thanks.
Lostboy
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found the following stats for the saber weilders whos skill would be near starkillers.

Yoda:lightsaber 10d+2 sense 12d+2 total 23d+1
Mace Windu:lightsaber 13d+2 sense 10d total 23d+2
Count Dooku:lightsaber 14d+1 sense 9d total 23d+1
Darth Vader:lightsaber 11d+2 sense 12+1 total 24d

Emperor:lightsaber13d sense 12d total 25d (extrapolated)Revenge of the sith
lightsaber13d sense 15d total 28d A new hope

Based on these stats and the fact that the emperors sense increases to 15d during the battle of yavin i feel it is reasonable to to set starkillers total at around 25d at the time of his duel with vader

Starkiller:lightsaber 13d sense 12d

What dose everyone think of that.
Lostboy
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galen (Starkiller) Marek.
type:
Dexterity:4d
lightsaber:13d

Knowledge:2d

Mechanical:2d+1
Space transports(Rogue Shadow)5d

Perception:3d+2
investigation:6d+1,search:7d,sneak6d+1

Strength:3d+2
climbing/jumping:9d,stamina 11d

Technical:2d+1
lightsaber repair 5d+2

Special Abilities:
Force skills Control:13d Sense:12d Alter:16d
Force powers:

Control:
Sense:Life sense
Control and Sense:Farseeing(or sence path)
Control and Alter:Force lightning,force repulse,force blast

These are the abilities demonstrated in the game, well not the control of 13d that's an approximation.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I've gotten a bit more time to take a look at the Force Powers. I think that some of them deserve a spot in the book. Gry, would you mind tacking something like these on to the end of the book once you get done with the Clone Wars campaign guide?

Quote:

Corruption-
Corruption
Bolt of Hatred
Alter Difficulty: Moderate
Warning: Anyone who uses this power gains a Dark Side Point.
Effect: When a character activates this power it sends a bolt of corrupting power towards an opponent. The target may choose to roll his or her dodge skill against the attacker’s alter roll. However, if the attack hits, the target takes damage equal to that of the attacker’s alter roll. Further, the target will take half that amount of damage the following round. The second round after the attack hits, the target takes ¼ the original damage. The attacker continues taking damage for four rounds, each time halving the amount of damage done.
Source: Force Unleashed Campaign Guide, pages 86-87

Quote:

Force Shield-
see lesser force shield and greater force shield

Quote:

Force Blast
Alter Difficulty: See chart below
Required powers: telekinesis
Time to use: one round
Warning: A Jedi who uses this gains one Dark Side Point.
Effect: This power allows a Force user to launch a blast of compressed air and debris. The power has a number of applications, both practical and sinister. It allows the Jedi to clear a blocked passageway of debris or other obstacles. However, it has been used by the less scrupulous to hurl a barrage of projectiles at life forms standing in the Force user’s path. Any Jedi who uses this on a sentient being gains an immediate Dark Side Point.

The amount of damage done by the blast is determined by the chart below:

Difficulty............Damage
Easy.................. 3D
Moderate.............4D
Difficult...............5D
Very Difficulty.......6D
Heroic.................7D

Quote:

Force storm - see force storm
Kinetic combat - see kinetic combat

Quote:

Force Repulse
Alter difficulty: versus opposed Strength or control roll
Required powers: telekinesis
Warning: A Jedi who uses this power to harm a sentient being gains an immediate Dark Side Point.
Effect: A Jedi will choose to use this power when surrounded by opponents in close quarters. He or she may create a temporary bubble with the Force that pushes everyone (and everything) back two meters in every direction. All characters surrounding the Jedi may make an opposed Strength or control roll. If the opponent succeeds, then the character remains unmoved. If the Strength (or control) roll should fail, then the character is forcefully pushed two meters. Furthermore, the opposing character is moved an additional meter for every five points higher that the Jedi rolls.

The opposing characters may be slammed into any nearby solid objects, dealing an immediate 3D damage. However, this earns the Jedi an immediate Dark Side Point.
[/quote]
Lostboy
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star wars 2d RE page 152 states a dark side character gains a character point every time they gain a dark side point. With that potential for advacement you have to think that any darksider who is not uber is really lacking in dedication, scince gaining a dark side point is as easy as using force lightning.

Star killer used repulse, force lightning, and other powers that prompt a dark side point even after he was redeemed as do others like kyle katarn who was known to use force lightning and force grip, even luke skywalker is know to have a non dark side version of force lightning, the point being the automatic darkside point rule needs work.

These and other issues will be addressed in the 3rd ed rules compendium im working on.

Any comments welcome.
cheshire

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'll just ask a clarification question. Are you suggesting that things be changed to "If a character uses this power for evil, he gains an immediate dark side point?"
Lostboy
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty close yeh.
jmanski

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If a character uses this power for evil, he gains an immediate dark side point?

Isn't that a given?

As far as certain powers automatically giving DSPs, these powers are inherently evil (for the most part). And yes, I disagree with some of the powers having this listing.

But this discussion will open up a can of worms since there are varying opinions on what warrants a DSP. I say you leave the wording as is.
cheshire

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I've been pretty open in previous discussions about the situational ethics of the newer Star Wars books, versus the absolutism of the previous incarnations of Star Wars.

If you choose to game a certain way, then I wish you all the best. If you want to edit the powers I produce, then I expect you to when implementing them in your game. But I try to stick to what was presented in the R&E as much as possible.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheshire, I'm a bit confused about the first line of the Corruption power. What's that "Bolt of Hatred" thrown there? Is that the prerequisite power?
cheshire

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, sorry. That was a transcription error when I was cutting and pasting the power from the Word document in which I had originally used.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, here's the new version of the book, with the Force powers and some other minor alterations:

The Force Unleashed - D6 Conversion
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F53K3HAE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: