The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Conversions - The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Conversions - The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Conversions - The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide Reply with quote

Wizards is giving me quite a headache. They're producing books faster than I can get them converted... There's still some things I want to get from Threats of the Galaxy, we've only begun tackling the KOTOR book, and now this! And the Clone Wars book is not too far ahead. Oh, well, we've had worse problemas than that.

Anyway, here are the alien species. I'm only presenting the two new ones, plus the Yarkora, which appeared in a d20 book before, but these stats are a bit more colorful. Oh, and I have rethinked my stance regarding "re-rolling" special abilties. I guess they work alright in D6...

Quote:
Aleena
Home Planet: Aleen
Attribute Dice: 12D
DEXTERITY 2D+2/4D+2
KNOWLEDGE 2D/4D
MECHANICAL 2D/4D+1
PERCEPTION 1D/3D
STRENGTH 1D+2/3D+1
TECHNICAL 2D/4D
Special Abilities:
Nimble: Aleena are quite adept at avoiding danger in combat when they see it coming. They can choose to reroll any ¬dodge check, but the result must be accepted, even if it’s worse.
Quick Energy: Once per encounter, an Aleena can gain a temporary boost to quickness and reflexes. When this ability is accessed and Aleena gains a +1D bonus to Dexterity-based skills and his Move score is increased by 2. The energy lasts for a number of rounds equal to the Aleena’s amount of Strength dice. When the energy is expended, the Aleena suffers a -1 penalty to all actions until he rests for 10 minutes.
Move: 6/8
Size: 0.8 meters tall on average
Source: The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide (pages 12-13)

Felucian
Home Planet: Felucia
DEXTERITY 2D/4D
KNOWLEDGE 1D+2/3D+2
MECHANICAL 1D+2/3D+2
PERCEPTION 2D/4D
STRENGTH 3D/4D+2
TECHNICAL 1D/3D+1
Special Abilities:
Low-Light Vision: Felucians can see twice as far as a normal human in poor lighting conditions. All low-light penalties are halved (rounded up).
Breathe Underwater: Felucians can breathe naturally both underwater and on the surface.
Natural Camouflage: A felucian can choose to reroll any sneak check, using the better result.
Force Sensitivity: All felucians are Force-sensitive and start with a free dice in Alter.
Force Blast: Once per encounter a felucian may use Alter as a ranged attack with a range of 3-10/30/80 meters. If the attack hits it deals Alter damage, knocking the opponent back.
Move: 10
Size: 1.8-2 meters tall
Source: The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide (pages 14-15), Dawn of Defiance – Traitor’s Gambit (pages 15/29)

Yarkora
Home Planet: Unknown
DEXTERITY 1D/3D+1
KNOWLEDGE 2D/4D+1
MECHANICAL 1D+2/3D+2
PERCEPTION 2D+2/4D+2
STRENGTH 2D/4D
TECHNICAL 1D/4D
Special Abilities:
Confusion: As a defense mechanism, all Yarkora can use a combination of motions and sounds to distract and deter potential enemies. Once per encounter as a standard action, a Yarkora can make a con roll against all close-combat opponents. If he succeeds, that enemy will not attack or come closer until the end of the next turn. This is a mind-affecting effect.
Deceptive: Naturally gifted at manipulation, a Yarkora can choose to reroll any con check, but the result of the reroll must be accepted even if it is worse.
Streetwise: Yarkora are adept at collecting information from a variety of sources, earning a +1D bonus to streetwise.
Story Factors:
Species Rarity: Yarkora are only rarely encountered in the galaxy, and often invoke unease in those they interact with.
Move: 7/10
Size: 1.9-2.5 meters
Source: Ultimate Alien Anthology (page 187), The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide (page 19)

jmanski
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
They're producing books faster than I can get them converted... There's still some things I want to get from Threats of the Galaxy, we've only begun tackling the KOTOR book, and now this! And the Clone Wars book is not too far ahead. Oh, well, we've had worse problemas than that.

Is that really a problem? Very Happy
Xynar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like they padded this book with other video game materials as well like the Bryar Pistol and the Hawk Transport to name a couple.
cheshire

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering when we'd cover this.

It might be a good idea to finish the Kotor book, then work forward from there. I just wish I haven't had all my time eaten up with so many other RL things right now.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I guess I went ahead and did the whole thing:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F53K3HAE

Well, technically, not the whole thing. I didn't tackle the Force Powers, cause I think that merits a lenghtier discussion around here. Plus there's NPCs... those will be dealt with in another time.

And while I was at it, I did a quick re-edit of the Starships of the Galaxy conversion, so it fits better with this one:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=14SUMVVP

Last edited by Gry Sarth on Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
cheshire

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The covers look freakin' sweet!

I'll help out with the Force Powers A.S.A.P. I've taken a quick look at a few of them, and I'm suspecting that some of them won't even be able to be converted as they're just ramped up versions of Telekinesis. From what I understand they have a few balancing features in SAGA that may not be possible in D6.
Zarash
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I just downloaded them.
hanker
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gry Sarth wrote:

And while I was at it, I did a quick re-edit of the Starships of the Galaxy conversion, so it fits better with this one:

Hi!

Any change in the contents?

René
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've made a list of new Force powers from Rule of Two, and I've been looking at the Force Powers/Talents/Qualities of the Saga. When I get a chance, I plan on listing what I have on these boards. From there, you might have enough of a start to integrate them into your Powers of the Force PDF, Gry Sarth.

And like what hanker asked - what changes did you make to the SOTG conversion.
cheshire

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What we'll probably end up doing is little mini conversion documents. That is to say, Gry's not likely to go and start putting new powers, vehicles, droids, etc. in the middle of his already existing documents. You wouldn't believe how much time it takes to edit. But if you've got conversions from one of the books, start (or post in an already started) conversion thread.

I've looked at the SAGA rulebook and it looks like there are a couple of tidbits that can be converted not already covered elsewhere. That might be a good place to start.

If you've got pure fan-made powers, go ahead and post them in a forum and we'll probably look at them, pick them apart, make suggestions, and then spend time as a community revising the ideas. That's what we usually do before putting them into any of the books, anyway.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hanker wrote:
Gry Sarth wrote:

Any change in the contents?

Humm, I don't think I changed anything in the content. If there's any alterations it should be very minor, don't sweat it.
cheshire

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking at the "unleashed" powers, and it seems as though there is already a natural balancing agent present in the d20 game, that I think should be preserved. The unleashed power can only be accessed by spending a Destiny Point (equivalent to a Force Point). Also, the use of such powers should only be used in story-driven situations.

I think that we should maintain that caveat, and convert the unleashed powers. There is a precedent in the WEG materials to use a Force power outside of its original intent, but at the cost of a Force Point (found in the Tales of the Jedi Companion). I think that these power simply add a special text and rule to what was vaguely written about within the TOTJC.

Just my two cents, and I'd be willing to hear opinions from anyone else (though preferably from those that have read the FUCG).
Lostboy
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gry the felucian force blast is over powered when compared to force lightning, Alter D in damage and no darkside point vs 1/2 Alter and a darkside point. Also because the felucian camouflage is simply the use of the disguise skill, applying body paint and the like and they only have experiance using it on their home world, i don't think it should be a special ability.

Having a disguise specialization might be more in line with there abilities, if you must make it into a special ability you might want to consider adding a time to use to the ability for each new environment (Must adjust camouflage to the new surroundings).
cheshire

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure that Force Lightning would be the best thing to compare the ability to. There are other powers that are more damaging than it. I think that the point of Lightning as written is just as much torture as damage. Compare to telekinetic kill, or even bolt of hatred (when used by a lower level Force user).

Though, I think there is a difficulty with the application of the "force blast" special ability. (And we haven't converted the "force blast" power yet... though I'm working on it.) It allows an untrained Force check for a Felucian to use the ability. The problem in D6 is that there is no such thing as an untrained Force check.

It creates a bit of a pickle with the Felucians.
cheshire

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry I haven't gotten my conversions of some of the force powers done yet. RL stuff is really heavy right now, and I'm hoping to have things is better order this weekend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: