The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Imperial Campaign
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> PbP Overview -> Imperial Campaign Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K21DUBIE
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran an COMNOR campagin and did really well the guy I played with did very well except when it came to taking to many stupid orders. He eventually moved on to a elite squad of troppers with a battle armor not much different then something of a Mandolarian Armor. I ran that game for about 6 years role playing about every other week. If helped elminate several rebel groups, bases, supply caches. And him and his group had a few spec ops teams out to get them, with little success. It was a lot of fun. He moved through the ranking system pretty well with little set backs here and there. It was a lot of fun and quite often put him in situations that questioned his loyalty to the Empire just to keep the flavor of inner conflict present in his mind.
bobenhotep
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive actually done the imperial thing before. i made sure to empasize the inefficiency and stupidity of the imperial machine over its outright evil. the characters were in the "imperial frontier corps", a poorly funded cross between the border patrol and the coast guard. they worked for the governor, kinda like the national guard.

the local imp governor was not your usual brutal gov, but one that let the inmates pretty much run the asylum. the government below him was well, corrupt, inefficient , and stupid

i was in the cold war clinton army at the time, so i had a good model to base it on...

in other words, yes id be interested in an imperial campaign, especially one with lots of scout action.
hobbes
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobenhotep wrote:
ive actually done the imperial thing before. i made sure to empasize the inefficiency and stupidity of the imperial machine over its outright evil. the characters were in the "imperial frontier corps", a poorly funded cross between the border patrol and the coast guard. they worked for the governor, kinda like the national guard.

the local imp governor was not your usual brutal gov, but one that let the inmates pretty much run the asylum. the government below him was well, corrupt, inefficient , and stupid

i was in the cold war clinton army at the time, so i had a good model to base it on...

in other words, yes id be interested in an imperial campaign, especially one with lots of scout action.

You would be interested in GMing the game or playing in the game?
bobenhotep
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd love to play. ive never done play by post, let alone gm'd it. ive never played as an imperial, because most of my sw gaming was as a gm in the nineties. i recently started looking at stuff like d6 star wars again because my wife passed away in november and i need the distraction. so i am one of the few that returned to d6 because of Darth Real Life...

If i can get the hang of pbp i might gm later on. but right now I would like to play.

I always told my players that you were more likely to meet a human in real life with 6 fingers and toes than to randomly meet a force sensitive in star wars. most npc's dont believe in the force. they would see a force sensitive as being a really lucky guy or just accept it as a quirk (kinda like Radar on MASH). No one hates a guy with the mysterious ability to detect ambushes, believe me...

The Chijawa said so, that's why.
hobbes
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to hear about your wife.

I'd tend to agree with your percentages there.

Looks like there are a few people willing to play, but so far no GM.
bobenhotep
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks

i always had jedi and force uses be like the boogieman. if you encountered them it was always bad.

i wouldn't mind running pbp, but i have no idea how that would work. the last time i gm'd at all was in 1999. i want to play pbp first so i learn how it works

Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobenhotep wrote:
i recently started looking at stuff like d6 star wars again because my wife passed away in november and i need the distraction. so i am one of the few that returned to d6 because of Darth Real Life...

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss.

And even though it's a bitter reunion, welcome back to Star Wars D6. We're happy to have you. After a hiatus from Star Wars D6, I also experienced a severe personal loss in my life that the game helped me with, although mine was not nearly so tragic as yours.

Good luck your game.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Nico_Davout
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please accept my condolences bobenhotep.

-----

How do you GM a pbp game? I am interested in playing too .... could give a shot with GMing.

Han Solo shot first, midichlosomething do not exist, Rebel Alliance was created as in the WEG books and indoctrination theory is the true ending of ME3.
hobbes
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming you have GMd before, your best bet is to just read through a few campaigns and see how different GMs do it.
Nico_Davout
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I am GM. I looked into Vong and Rebel campaigns on forum. Got the general idea.

Han Solo shot first, midichlosomething do not exist, Rebel Alliance was created as in the WEG books and indoctrination theory is the true ending of ME3.
Nico_Davout
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking about giving a try as GM. Hobbes, bobenhotep - what kind of Imp campaign are you thinking? Pre/Post-Endor? NJO or maybe LotF?

Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me an idea on what kind of characters you might be looking for and I may give it a shot. I am a fan of the empire! *looks over at his imperial cadet hat*
bobenhotep
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, gimme a time period and a general idea of what we would be doing.

i like scout type stuff.

i see a few concepts emerging.

ground scout
mechanic

either will be a farmer from a dying ag world

Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggest concern is with time period, I can go with whatever, but can't make a background if I don't know when we're at. I'm ok with Pre-Endor, makes it easy to not run into the main story characters. Post is fine, ends up being pretty much a rebellion game that way. If you want, I can send you the basic character idea.
Nico_Davout
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer post-Endor times. Something around X-Wing and Thrawn events.
Hit me with your characters ideas and information which WEG adventure do you know. Don't want to make part of adventure with stuff you already have played.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> PbP Overview All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: