The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Clone Wars SE Fan Sourcebook (Droids)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Star Wars Games -> Clone Wars SE Fan Sourcebook (Droids) Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FandomComics
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Clone Wars SE Fan Sourcebook (Droids) Reply with quote

Well I know it isn't D6 material, but the fluff/art might still be appealing to some of you. I run a site called Fandom Comics ( http://www.fandomcomics.com ) and we do a Clone Wars Saga Edition Fan Sourcebook. We release new chapters on the 1st of the month, with our latest being the Capital Ships chapter. There are 46 ships in the chapter, all from the Clone Wars era, with two pieces of original art.

Very curious to know what people think!

Last edited by FandomComics on Sun May 02, 2010 9:24 pm; edited 4 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe most around here are aware of your project, and it's a commendable effort, being obviously done with a lot of care and dedication. So, with the arrival of Saga Edition you scrapped the d20 version of the book and are now converting and re-editing the whole thing in Saga format? Wow, that's a lot of work... Have all d20ers really migrated to Saga?
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is Saga?

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orgaloth wrote:
What is Saga?

The third D20 version of Star Wars RPG.
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I pay no attention to D20 in any form. So had no idea. I just wait for people here to convert it for me.

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orgaloth wrote:
Thank you. I pay no attention to D20 in any form. So had no idea. I just wait for people here to convert it for me.

I'm aware of it through other fora and friends, and have even looked through it at the behest of some of my D20 playing friends, but I have yet to find ANY 3E D&D compatible D20 game that I thought wasn't crap, including D&D 3E itself. Funnily enough, the changes made to 4th Ed D&D make it the first version of that particular game I'm even remotely interested in, but all my friends hate it for some of the exact reasons I think it might be something I'd get into. Not a priority for me, anyway, I'll be running my HARP campaign for a while yet before we switch to something else.
FandomComics
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah we made the move to saga and are converting. It isn't that much work thus far. I think most of the D20 players have moved to saga, as it is selling very well. So it is either converting most/all or its picking up a lot of new players.

However, regardless of that, Tron and I both like Saga as a system, and we have made the move, so naturally, doing a fan project, we are going to stick with what is enjoyable for us. Once we actually finish a complete draft of the book, we will be talking about converting to other systems, such as finishing D20 Revised, or doing a D6 variation, assuming there is interest for it. Conversions arent quite the monumental task they might first appear to be, as it is really half the work. The research and write-ups are already done. Its just a question of stat conversion after a quick re-familiarization with the entry.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
FandomComics
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 1st of the month came again, and we updated again! This time we give a sneak preview of our atmospheric vehicles chapter, showcasing speederbikes, swoops and airhooks. We also did a stat cheat sheet for starships and vehicles, breaking down the stats and showing where they all come from, complete with formulas! A must-read for anyone new to saga edition!

Keith "Nar" Kappel
http://www.fandomcomics.com
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FandomComics wrote:
A must-read for anyone new to saga edition!

You do realize that this is specifically a D6 Star Wars forum, right? All we do with D20 stuff is rape and pillage the source material and convert it to the superior D6 system. Twisted Evil
FandomComics
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure sure, but in the interest of being raped and pillaged, I figure I should keep you all up to date about my fan material ripe for the converting ;P. In any case, if the thread is a problem/considered spam, I can stop with the once a month post. I figure there has got to be SOME cross-over though between fan bases.
TrueGrit
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FandomComics wrote:
sure sure, but in the interest of being raped and pillaged, I figure I should keep you all up to date about my fan material ripe for the converting ;P. In any case, if the thread is a problem/considered spam, I can stop with the once a month post. I figure there has got to be SOME cross-over though between fan bases.

You would be correct. Thanks for the updates. Smile
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FandomComics wrote:

Just so you know, I wasn't trying to be rude, just trying to ascertain whether or not you were a spammer only here to promote your site.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, you're most welcome here. Your fanbook is great, and it will certainly be used as "inspiration" down the road.
FandomComics
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the support guys. So the new TFU book released and it has stats for 3 items we had already statted at the site, the VSD I, Venator SD, and the Zephyr-G swoop. My thoughts on the differences?

VSD I: Major difference is the concussion missiles, and the fact that they only put 20 on the official version. canon says they have 80, so I gave them 80. In the interest of keeping the power levels down, we made them medium missiles, I believe, which would still wreak havoc in urban settings or against structures, which is what they are designed for. Of course, Saga reduces their weapon count on ships below canon level because of facing, suggesting that they only list the maximum number of weapons that can be used in a single turn. At Fandom Comics, we have been restoring the canon number of weapons to most of the clone wars era ships, because ships CAN engage on multiple facings, rendering that explanation useless. We leave it up to the GMs to decide how many weapons can/should attack a single target.

Zephry-G: Well, Their stats are actually more canonically correct, from a certain point of view. They statted the speed and cargo of Owen Lars Zephyr-G Swoop. Now, it is stated that his is a bit modified from the stock racing swoop that it was. But the 100 kg of cargo is due to saddlebags he added, and the speed is so low, I assumed it was reduced because he modified it to keep sand out. So our version has less cargo and moves faster.

The Venator I havent had a chance to look their version over, so Im not sure how different it is.

In any case, TFU looks like a great book, even for you non-saga types!
FandomComics
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we put up our latest chapter, over 50 transports from the Clone Wars! Its a massive undertaking that was completed single-handedly by our own Ryan Brooks, aka Tron. Give it a peek!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Star Wars Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: