The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

WEG Miniatures...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Artwork -> WEG Miniatures...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doomhead
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: WEG Miniatures... Reply with quote

WEG Miniatures...

I've had these sitting around the house since I was in high school... which was 10 years ago... Finally painted them and I actually started to build some terrain for them. My wife wasn't that happy... especially when I took over the kitchen table!!

http://www.box.net/shared/cn6f7sdkog
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, very cool indeed!

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Doomhead
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,

It was my first real attempt at minis. My daughter can't wait until we start playing with them!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
hisham
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can imagine the same complains from my wife if I did the same. Haha.

Awesome pics. The best vehicle is the Storm Skimmer IMHO. Relatively obscure... but there was a WEG mini for it.
TheDoctor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doomhead wrote:
Thanks,

It was my first real attempt at minis. My daughter can't wait until we start playing with them!

That's pretty darn good for a first attempt!

Actually, it's pretty good period.
Golbez
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty damn good period. I've always had a thing for minitures, but never had the time/money/space to make it a true hobby.

I love the improvization in the terrain, and the straws for pipes going into the buildings are AMAZING.

Do the buildings have any significance, or are they jsut random, cause that tower looks damn cool.
Doomhead
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thingies with the the straws in them are fuel tanks.... I actually found a site in spanish (and my spanish not so bueno) that had the instructions on how to make them. (They are made out of foam insulation, i used 1/2 inch becuase thats all the LOWES hardware store had and old CD/DVD cases, the round ones) over all I don't think they turned out to bad. I'm actually thinking about sticking them on Ebay or if anyone here is interested just shoot me a line.

I've created a couple of new terrain, I'll up load some photos shortly...

I also broke down and bought my first WOTC minis, I had some left over
money on a Wal-mart gift card from christmas. The minis were $5.47 for two....thats like $2.735 a piece... thats pretty pricey for some plastic and I stress plastic minis... and they are pre-painted... UGH... The two sets that I got were the Stormtrooper set, and Rebel Trooper/General Veers Set. The Rebel trooper looks awful, and the heavy weapons stormtrooper is in a dorked up poise. But Gen. Veers looks ok and the other stormtrooper is ok...

All I can say is that I'm not going to be buying them on a regular basis... maybe be if I have an extra $6 bucks lying around and I don't want beer...just maybe, I'll buy some more!!!

I think I'll stick with the BEER!!!

Heres some more pictues in PDF format!

http://www.box.net/shared/8k7vynf48w

and here are some that I'm currently selling on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260206701232&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=016

and

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260206701813&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=016

and

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260206700435&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=016

Kira Firestorm
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They really look good, ive got a ton of them aswell. As soon as i can get pictures of them will post them here.
My favourite is the job i did on Boba Fett.

Pics coming soon
Doomhead
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Firestorm, unfortunately most of them are gathering dust in the garage. My job just keeps me to busy to enjoy them.

Can't wait to see the pics!

Kira Firestorm
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey if there gathering dust, im a collector of those miniatures, so if you ever want to part with them let me know.

Will post pics as soon as i can ok. Hopefully in the next few days.
Kira Firestorm
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well finally got a camera off my freind so here are some of the WEG miniatures ive painted over the years.

TheDoctor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job, Kira!

I just got a ton off of Ebay and found some collecting dust. Going to post some of my figs in a month or so!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Artwork All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: