The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Fading Light - IC
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fading Light - vong -> Fading Light - IC Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 213, 214, 215
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reluctantly, Rownn is convinced to attend the ceremony, though he feels his duty is elsewhere and his time would be better spent in meditative reflection. He refuses the silly pants and shirt offered to make him "presentable", opting, instead, to fashion a more Wookiee appropriate sash, his damaged flesh exposed.
Taking the experience as a penance, the Jedi patiently waits the talk out, and is taken entirely by surprise when the group are summoned. Feeling undeserving, the Jedi stands and accepts the commendation for the ceremony. He watches Garolf's further accolades with some distance, reflecting on the Major's role and the nature of the ceremony itself.

With the ceremony concluded, the Wookiee quietly slips away, returning to his duties watching over the comatose Esoomian. He doesn't feel there will be any problems with Tiny, but prefers to be near, just in case; besides, it's a calm, quiet area in which to reflect on past events, the Force, and to go through some kata to help focus his body and mind. He elects not to join the festivities in the messes.

Come the morning, Rownn makes his way to arrive in Briefing Room C on time.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Zinn arrives at the mess he is greeted with an informal applause by the pilots there. One of the pilots approaches him and says "So I hear you started the fight in the air, but ended it on the ground. The z95 you decided to fly was, and i quote almost un-recognizable" which prompts a few chuckles by the pilots there "Yet here you are without much of a scratch... You are a lucky sun of a gundark there Valimar. How did you do it?" he asks

ooc: is Garolf going to a mess to socalize? visit Rownn or Jo in the Tank? Sulk in private?

ooc2: edited this line into the previous ceremony post - Jo was brought out of the Bacta tank temporarly to attend the ceremony in a hoverchair

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zinn gives a half wave to the pilots who start applauding. In response to the pilot who questions him, he replies, "Yeah. It took a while to get it flight worthy...and in the end I got shot down. All I can say is that the Force was with me. I just wish it had been with Banshee as well; I miss that little droid."

He looks to see if the mess is equipped to serve alcohol; if it is, he orders a Corellian brandy if it's available. If not, he merely continues on. "Now I have to see if I can get a new X-wing and an astromech. That, or beef up on my ground skills.

"Say," he says as a thought occurs to him. "Is there any chance a guy could get outfitted with a better blaster? That piece of poodoo I was using dirtside was hardly making those kriffing Vong itch, let alone doing any damage. I need to land something with some serious KICK."
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the pilots that you are talking to chuckles and says "You sure it isint your aim... if you fly like you shoot id be surprised if you landed a shot" another one pipes up and says "Give him a break... he has a tendency of walking away from wrecks... you should have seen what was left of the X-Wing he landed at Ithor." The mention that Zinn was at Ithor dampens the mood slightly in the room but garnishes some respect.

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zinn grins at the good-natured ribbing, determined not to allow the mention of Ithor completely ruin the pilots' moods; this war has taken its toll on everyone, and he couldn't stand seeing the solar winds knocked out of their sails so easily. "I fly and shoot fairly well, hotshot; otherwise I wouldn't still be here. As for walking away from wrecks, well, like I said...the Force is with me.

"Now then...as for that clambake dirtside; I hit those karking Vong more often than not. That chitinous armor they wear is tough; it let 'em shrug off most of my blasterfire. I need to get DL-57 or something that'll punch through those shells of theirs."
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He smiles and sips his drink as yours is handed to you and says "I aint weapons stores, but i bet he is closed today, youll have to fill out paperwork to get the paperwork to get a new weapon" he says sarcastically " but enough about that, tell me what happened in the air down there." as he and a few others listen up wanting to hear how the pilot walked away from his wreck.

Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

“Well,” Zinn says, “I was up in this old Z-95…had Banshee in the socket behind me, and we were trying to take out a group of Vong troop transports. Six fighters swooped in, and I had to engage them. I did some maneuvering to get in some shots without taking any, which almost worked. Those guys were good. They managed to get some of those plasma shots across my aft shields, and a bit got through and fairly cooked Banshee. Anyway, I shut off the engines, which dropped me right underneath a pair of plasma blasts that were headed right for me.

“It took several attempts to get the engines to relight; when they finally did, the comm came back to life, and the fleet spaceside was screaming for me to turn hard to port. Of course, I’d drifted right into a karking orbital bombardment zone. NOT fun…but even less fun for the skips that were on my tail,” he says with a wink and a chuckle. He takes a sip of his drink, then continues, feeling the fire of the Corellian brandy trailing down his innards. “Well, most of them. One of those b@st@rd* followed me out of the orbital kill box, intent on finishing me off. My ship was damaged, Banshee was unresponsive, and I’d had just about enough of those scar-faced nerf herders. That snarker kept on me, no matter how much I jinked and juked. The fleet couldn’t hit him, because we were too close together. I had to flip around and head back towards the mountain and the ground crews, and have the vehicle blasters shoot at him. In the meantime, he landed another shot on me, which set all my blasted warning bells off. I got close to the vehicles, and they were able to punch through his canopy and bring him down.

“I cranked her around and kicked in the repulsorlifts; when the loud BANG! ensued, I knew I had PROBLEMS. The whole system started to shut down; power levels were dropping rapidly. I did the only thing I could figure would keep me alive, without crashing into the ground crew. I aimed for as close as I dared to them, and at the last second threw her into a bootlegger’s turn. Just as I pulled the turn, the engines died. I kept slamming the ignition as the ship kept spinning, and I got ‘em to fire off just for a second, but that was enough to kill some of my momentum. I landed that ship on its belly, spinning on the ground in front of the base, and throwing shrapnel everywhere. It’s a wonder I didn’t decapitate the whole bloody crew.”

Shaking his head, he takes another swig. “So now, the ship’s on fire, I’m about to puke my guts out, and I gotta hop out and try to get Banshee outta the socket and clear of the fire. I got the fire extinguisher and put out the fire around him, but he was toast.” He shrugs and takes another swig of his brandy. “That was the air battle down there.”
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(OOC: Nah, Garolf's more practical minded. Find a shooting range and getting in some practice time to keep in top form, clean his guns so their working for the next mission, hit the gym to go through some practice katas with his vibro dagger, see if he can't requisition a Duelist vibrorapier, and finally sit down and write some on his next datafile. He may have re-taken his commission, but he's still an author and still want's to turn that out. Also he'd probably try checking about getting his sporting rifle modified so it does more damage. He picked up that because he couldn't get a proper sniper rifle as a civillian and it doesn't quite have much punch.)

The ceremony over Garolf decides against attending any kind of reception. There's a war still going on, best to be thinking about the next mission, whenever that will be. And if the Chief of State attends the reception..... well he's already spent way too much time with that slimey Bothan as is already.

He looks around the ship, looking for requisitions. Once he finds it he heads in to see if anyone is there.

Wanted Poster
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"And by the way," Zinn says, "someone PLEASE hook me up with requisitions. I need to get some better weapons."
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garolf wanders around the ship idly looking for requisitions, but mostly just lost in thought. He eventually finds the place, but finds that it is closed. The thought comes to him that all non-essential personnel will be at the parties and he will have to wait until the morning to attempt any requisition. He knows morning shift starts at 0600 so he can try to sneak down before the meeting starts. With that knowledge in mind he heads back to his room to continue work on his novel, trying to clear his mind and finally relax.

-------------

The group of pilots listen to Zinn's story in awe that he managed to keep a supposedly broken ship flying for as long as he did. When describes how he landed the ship most chuckle and say "Ships arent supposed to land like a top!" and "The ships are VTOL... yet you found a new and improved way to land!" Many of them are slapping you on your back or shaking your hand. When you ask them for a third time about requisitions most of them dispurss having lost their sense of humor at the joke of asking Pilots about getting a Blaster. You hear one mutter "Like a nerf with a bone"

Zinn spends the rest of the evening enjoying his drink moving around having light conversation with various people, but even when he approaches new people he is sometimes greeted by a chuckle and a "Nope, I dont work in requisitions, try him over there" he says pointing to one of his friends who obviously doesnt work there. It seems Zinn's tenacity has made him the butt of a joke.

ooc: The other PCs are about wrapped up so you can post once more here to wrap yourself up Skyler then I will lock this thread opening a new one for your briefing in the morning Smile

Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zinn chuckles at the jokes made at his expense. For those who are perhaps a little more insistent or malicious in their ribbing, he simply responds, "Try being without the safety of your ship and shields, dirtside, with nothing but a blaster between you and twenty or more Vong warriors. Then tell me how ridiculous my request sounds." Then, with a wink, he moves off to someone else.

By the end of his rounds, he finds out what time the requisition office opens, and resolves to be there bright and early so he can get his requests in before the meeting at 0900.

Procuring one more Corellian brandy, he heads to his assigned quarters and gets some shuteye so he'll be rested and ready for his early morning wake up.

He sets his alarm for 0500, giving him an hour to get ready and be at the requisition office.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fading Light - vong All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 213, 214, 215
Page 215 of 215

Jump to: