The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Fading Light - IC
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fading Light - vong -> Fading Light - IC Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 213, 214, 215  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The general says "Time and a place for such a request Lt, I have a defense to run." and turns to Garolf to ensure he has no further questions before moving off to sort out the bases defense.

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garolf salutes the General then spins on his heel and goes to handle the civies. Right now getting them off this base is more important, though he fears that after what happened in the battle with the number that retreated he may not be the best choice to tell them. And he fears they may see this base as their home and not the military base it was supposed to be.

As soon as Garolf reaches the civilians he tries to explain to each group he finds what is happening and about how they are to be evacuated from the base. He tries to keep them calm as best he can.

Wanted Poster
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zinn salutes again, then executes an about-face, then heads to speak to the sergeant. In his mind, he's remembering times his father has said something similar. He also remembers that, in such cases, he usually never did see what was being asked for.

Coming up to Moore, Zinn says, "Alright, Sergeant. I've been assigned to take your squad in and have you clear out all the explosive devices inside. I've also been authorized to bring one of the civilians to show you where they're all located."

Zinn looks around for the one guy he KNOWS will be able to point out all the bombs.

((OOC: Yeah, I'm having a brain cramp at the moment, and can't remember the guy's name. Not gonna be online long enough to look back that far, but I figure Zinn will remember the names of the people he's been introduced to...))[/i]
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooc: I forget his name too... so we will assume you gather him up... but you will have to have X-Ray vision to find a civvi here, they are all further down.

Zinn and the squad of bomb techs head down to where the civilians are hiding. Zinn easily picks out the people that can assist. He waits for Garolf to finish speaking with the group before asking them to leave.

The civilians seem to be relieved that a larger force to defend has arrived, and are all relatively calm about the whole thing. Garolf is sure that the situation would change should the base come under fire, but it should not be a problem.

Zinn takes the Techs throughout the base upon the advisement of Joe to where the explosives have been set. He is able to remotely disarm them, but the Techs still take full precautions when approaching the IEDs. It takes them about 3 hours of work to disarm them while Zinn coordinates as the officer in charge, he gets good practice on his delegations abilities. (ooc: basically military protocol dictates that Zinn is in charge, but I am assuming Zinn lets the Sgt call the shots as is the un-written rule) Zinn is asked to remain at a distance, as they do not have extra Bombsuit handy to protect the Lt, and dont like teaching during a live disposal scenario. He does say that he can apply to Bomb Disposal School and have a certification within a year of training.

About an hour after Garolf's speech his comlink is activated "Major Kai, this is Lt Miles letting you know a shuttle is ready to accommodate the civilians. If you can have them up and loaded we can bring them up to the medical frigate for examination, before we transfer them to a bulk freighter which is en route to bring them to a refugee camp."

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((OOC: You are correct. Since Zinn isn't a demo expert, he's smart enough to let those who are take charge. He's one of the few common sense smart lieutenants you'll run into; and let me tell you: there are NOT many of them.))

As the demolitions squad finishes the three hours of exhausting, tense work, Zinn comes up to Sgt. Moore and holds out his hand to shake. "Excellent work, Sergeant," he says. "You guys are impressive. Thank you very much for getting this cleared out."

Before heading back out of the tunnels, Zinn makes sure to thank each member of the squad personally, and tell them that they did a magnificent job. Once complete, he then leads them up to the surface to get a little fresh air and to relax a little. On the way, he comms Garolf. "We're all done with the explosives, Major. We're on our way out."
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garolf begins sending civilians to the shuttle.

Wanted Poster
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garolf easily manages to get the refugees to the waiting transport, they all want nothing more then to get off this god forsaken rock. A few of the women are in tears that they are finally able to get free from the Yuuzhan Vong. Once you arrive in the hanger the group needs some extra motivation to get on board the ship as they are all gawking at the amount of military equipment that is being hastily set up. The refugees have to be packed in a bit tightly for their liking on the ship, but most buckle into the crash webbing without much complaining.

Being a traditional leader, Garolf remains behind to ensure the collection of the bodies of his team and the fallen NR troops is done, and organizes a room in the base for them to be stored until a proper ceremony can be held. He also wants to be the last man to leave the operation, so he remains behind until Zinn is finished.

The members of the Bomb squad appreciated the thanks, and the fact that he was a hands off kind of leader the whole time... Zinn gave orders, but usually which area to start in and then let them take it from there.

Once finished Zinn and Garolf meet up and spend 30 minutes waiting in the main hangar before another ship is set to go into orbit. They are dropped off at the medical frigate for examination and treatment. They are both treated for bruises, burns and whatever else they happen to be suffering from. Zinn turns out he has a sprained shoulder, the Med-techs are shocked that he survived such a crash so unscathed. Garolf mostly has burnt hair over most of his back and legs, the Techs offer to shave the affected hair off to reduce the smell while he grows back a new coat.

When Garolf is finished being treated he goes to check on Tiny and sees that his friend Jo has been placed in the tank next to Tiny. The medical staff indicate that he has more then half the bones in his body broken, massive amount of internal bleeding and probably some head injuries, they are not sure if he will have any brain damage when he comes out.. but they are hopeful.

Rownn is taken into a scanning chamber while Orrallyn remains observing the floating form of Tiny. They let him know that one of the chambers of his heart has a slow leak and he will need to go in for surgery to repair it. He will have to take it easy for about a month or two after the surgery to allow it to heal. They once again impress the importance of him to take his medication religiously as any laps in coverage will further allow the cyst to expand further. He is brought back to the medical ward and finds Orrallyn with a bacta patch on both his hands, and on various parts of his chitenous armor to help it repair. Rownn is hooked up to a heart monitor and treated for burns on his chest and legts. He is told his has 1st degree burns over most of his chest and the hair has to be removed to encourage the growth of healthy skin cells. He is placed in a custom fit shirt with some bacta sprayed on the inside to help the wound heal. They ask both Jedi to remain in the Medical ward for observation, which both Jedi isist on to continue to watch Tiny.

Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the med-techs are openly awed over his distinct lack of injury, especially after such a crash, Zinn simply shrugs and says, "The Force was with me. I wish it had been with all of us."

While everyone is recuperating, Zinn finds Garolf and requests permission to help the Jedi observe Tiny. He explains his Force sensitivity and relates that he had been able to sense when Tiny had accessed the dark side. Besides hoping to glean a kernel or two of information from the Jedi, Zinn figures that, since they're both recovering as well, he might be of use if Tiny once more goes dark because he might be able to sense it happening, and raise an appropriate alert.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"As if you haven't already stated your intrest in Jedi and being able to touch the Force several times already," Garolf says, annoyed. "What was it you said to Rownn again the day this team was first put together? You were always fascinated with lightsabers and always wanted to learn how to use one, hoping Rownn would teach you. And didn't you tell Hrar while we were putting the docking ring on the Chance that a Jedi from Master Skywalker's Academy had visited you because you had some talent in using the Force and that Skywalker himself even tried convinving you to attend the Academy on Yavin IV but you vetoed him. Afterall, you came to the team because you heard there'd be Jedi on it who could teach you.

"I doubt you'll really listen if I tell you no. Seems you're too interested in what the Jedi can teach you, if their even interested in doing so. Right now Tiny is in bad shape, so maybe he'll be out for a while. But if the dark side is indeed flowing through him what do you think you can do just because you can touch the Force? Rownn and Orrallyn are trained as Jedi and even they might not be able to stop him. Sithspit, he could corrupt them despite their training, but at least they have more of a chance of resisting because of it. Right now you don't and it seems it would be safer to keep you away from Tiny in case the dark side is floowing through him and he could somehow corrupt you to it too. But I doubt you're going to listen.

"And right now I have an inquiry to submit to so it matters very little what I say."

Garolf leaves before Zinn can reply. He asks where command is and once he gets a reply he heads that way to turn himself in. The general may have said he was taking it too hard on himself, but he doesn't understand. It doesn't matter if friendly fire happens on occassion or if the team held the base with little to no support until reinforcement arrived. The team had lost Hrar, civillians are dead. The Second Chance seems to be completely gone, Team members are injured, Tiny might not recover and if he does he might prove as great a threat, maybe even greater, as the Vong and who knows if Jo will be the same. The astromech is lost. If there's any blame to be placed on the team at all someone will have to take it. He's seen too many commanders get a slap on the wrist and merely either get a reprimand or loose a rank or two while junior officers and enlisted in that command might loose their entire career. He'd rather have all the blame placed on himself and maybe have what's left of the team remain together so they might be able to do more to help the galaxy in this time of need.

Maybe the general will be right and the friendly fire inquiry will just be a mere formality. Or maybe not. He is less pleased with the idea of accidentelly having Tiny shot at than the general realized. Garolf had been starting to think of Tiny as a friend and that incident only contributed to what was already a difficult situation With Tiny's new found ability. Now Tiny could have given in to the dark side and accident or no that is Garolf's fault. It's his burden knowing full well that if another Vader is loosed on the galaxy it's because his accidental actions may not have given Rownn or Orrallyn a chance to dissuade him of using that power.

Though wouldn't it have been possible Tiny would have given in even without the friendly fire incident? He came to the team as a convicted felon, seemed there was plenty of anger there already. And Tiny had suddenly found something he'd lost some time ago, a non-mechanical arm. Of course he'd use it, that would certainly have corrupted him over time. But the friendly fire incident seems to have been what sent Tiny into a homicidal rage. Maybe that was the spark that caused him to give in to the darkness.

But what if the darkness was no longer within him? Command seemed to want Tiny dead, and he had told him that his continued existance would be a disappointment to them. Yet this would only seem to confirm they were right to try and send the Esoomian on a death mission. When the team had first been formed he'd have not cared to see Tiny killed in some action. Except, of course, having to haul his enormous carcass off the battlefield. But now he's concerned with what happens to him. Despite what may happen to himself in the inquiry and how Tiny may feel about him he'll still try to speak for Tiny.

Wanted Poster
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoroughly stunned by Garolf's harsh rebuke, Zinn watches him walk away, just standing there dumbfounded for several minutes. He'd been trying to help, and had his commanding officer completely turn him on his head and drop him.

Knowing there might be a point in what Garolf had said, he turns on his heel and heads for a training area to blow off some steam. His best friend in the galaxy is gone. Members of his team are gone, or injured, or possibly even worse in the case of Tiny. And to top it all off, he'd thought he'd be able to do some good in the field while learning how to use the Force...but as of the moment it wasn't looking like that was going to shape up either. Thinking he may have made a big mistake in not going to the Jedi Praxeum, he decides to work out some frustration with some staff training.
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garolf is directed to a Major Fillion. He says "Ok Major, I am sure you know the drill. Please surrender all firearms." as he pulls out a document "Please proceed to interview room two and fill out this form."

ooc: the form is a basic name, rank, etc then a large section for a description of the events.

Once it is filled out the form is taken as you wait in the room for a few minutes before another person comes in and starts asking you questions. Most of the questions he asks you are already written down, but Garolf knows they are just making sure his story is the same as the one written down. He asks for clarifications here and there, adding a few details that Garolf might have forgotten to write down.

At the end of the interview he says "You are temporarily relieved of duty until this inquiry can be completed. Your team mates will be interviewed and a judgement will be passed down. If your team mates confirm your details this is a simple Accidental Discharge with no fatalities. Please report to Firing range C, a Sgt Twist will be expecting you. After you complete that assessment please remain on board the ship, and keep your comlink on you at all times. If contacted to report somewhere please do so immediately. While you are not confined to your room, it looks like you could use some rest so I would get some."

When Garolf arrives he is given a written test about weapon safety. After completing the test he is given a rifle with training round in it and is brought to the training range. He is told to complete the standard firing range assessment. (stationary targets, moving targets, occluded targets, targets using friendly targets as cover etc). Garolf does very well on the shooting, thinking that he actually got better then the last time he was assessed. He is dismissed by the Sgt and is free to do what he wants.

------------

One by one the rest of the team is called into interview rooms and asked to recount their version of the story. They ask various character questions about Garolf (is he a good leader, does he have a tendency to shoot first and ask later, does he take care of his weapon, point out one thing that you think he did wrong since you have known him)

ooc: feel free to write up your reply to the interview (you can control the interviewer for the sake of your passages if you want... he is remaining neutral in his questioning, not looking for an answer either way. If you dont want to write up something large you can just post the general theme of your answers).

Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Please surrender all your firearms," Garolf thinks to himself with a smirk. "Typical of naval and regular army personnel. No firearm and you're obviously disarmed. Never stop to think about other weapons."

Garolf lays the Imp repeater and his sporting rifle on the table, ejecting the power packs and making certain their both drained so no one can immediately pull the trigger and kill anyone with either. He then pulls out his sidearm and does the same with it. Then he meets the major's eyes as he pulls out his vibrodagger and holds it up, getting a slight bit of pleasure out of seeing this man's eyes go wide before he lays it on the table. This Major Fillion had only said firearms, not weapons, and Garolf could have carried it around with him without disobeying orders. Certainly that could have caused trouble for someone. And though technically it should be for Fillion for only requiring his firearms to be surrendered Garolf gets the felling that it would end up on him. Possibly his word against this man's. And considering the friendly fire incident he doubt's they'd believe him.

Garolf then fills out the form. Once down he waits for the interogator. He answers the man's questions, emphasing his blame in all matters concerning the incident. He even blames himself for Tiny killing Hrar, explaining that it was his shooting of Tiny that had caused Tiny to grab Hrar, probably meaning to protect his charge but ending up killing him instead. He's determined to have all the blame placed firmly on his shoulders so that what remains of the team might be able to do some good for the galaxy. In his mind it's better that only one of them ends up in trouble for this than all to recieve it. Not just the friendly fire incident but as much of the battle as possible.

Were they fighting the Imperials as he'd done in the old days he wouldn't be seeking to take all the blame, just blame for the friendly fire accident. But these Vong seem to be an even bigger threat to the galaxy. As many people are needed to defend the innocents of the galaxy as possible, yet something like this could threaten to take out several of those. Though he doesn't really want to be sentenced to life behind bars, if he can deflect everything onto him so that the rest of the team has more of a chance then maybe his actions will have helped.

Wanted Poster
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The heroes are given a day of rest after their ordeal. Those who wish to find out, there was another ground battle at the Mountain, a last ditch effort by the Yuuzhan Vong to push off the New Republic, but was held back by the trained NR soldiers who had time to dig in. Word around the ship is the New Republic has won this system! A formal event has been called at 15:00 the following day, all are expected to attend in the main hangar in their full formal uniform.

At 14:00 Garolf is called to Major Fillion for the results of the inquiry, who is already dressed up in his formal attire. "Upon interviewing your team, and reviewing your testimony we have decided that the incident was an accident. Your test results indicate that you are both a very proficient marksman and fully aware of all safety procedures. Your team had nothing but positive things to say about both your leadership abilities, and how they perceived the action as accident. You may collect your weapons from the armory." he says passing you a tag and closing the file. "And my I add Garolf" he adds informally "you should take it a bit easier on yourself. I dont understand the Force, but it seems to be it could have easily been anything that set him off. We train our entire career to attempt to prevent any possibility of accidents happening, but they do. We dont want to loose a good officer either because of an accident, or because he is to hard on himself. If you need someone to talk to, I know some people aboard - both professional and seasoned officer. For now, we wanted to get the result before the ceremony, so get your team assembled"

Rownn was provided a set of slacks and vest to cover his wounds for the ceremony so he doesnt have appear naked, but the Wookie refused, opting to show up normally dressed. Jo was brought out of the Bacta tank temporarly to attend the ceremony in a hoverchair. Much to everyone's surprise Cheif of State Fey'lya is in attendance. The largest hangar has been emptied to accomodate the majority of the staff aboard the ship as well as numerous visiting dignitaries. Holorecording devices are in numerous locations to capture the entire event. The Chief approaches the mic and commences his speech "I would like to start by asking for a moment of silence to remember those who have fallen to bring us to this point." He pauses for 30 seconds as those present lower their heads before he continues "We have suffered many blows at the hand of these new invaders. Lost many friends and familes. They destroyed Ithor just to spite us. We can not take this, we must fight back. This planet is the first of such encounters. We must continue to tell them We will not be bullied" as she pauses for a round of applause from the crowd "We have shown them that we can fight back, and we will!"

ooc: I am really bad at diplomacy, so this speech goes on for about 30 more minutes as he tries to subtly take credit for the victory that took place here.

"I would like to conclude this assembly by calling to light the extra ordinary efforts put fourth toward the New Republic cause. Would Jedi Rownn, Jedi Orrallyn, Second Lieutenant Cailah, Sub-Lieutenant Valimar, Major Kai, Captain Regulus please step forward." She pauses to allow the mentioned people to move forward. "These people accepted a mission that was dangerous, with a high probability of fatalities. They did so without a second thought as they hoped that the New Republic would benifit from their actions. I would like the honor of presenting them Cross of Glory" The hangar lets out a cheer and many applause. Borsk congratulates each one of individually as he presents the medal to each one "The New Republic thanks you for your service." He then goes back up to the podium and says "Thank you all for your dedication to the Cause of the New Republic. Would Major Kai remain, the rest are dismissed." He waits for them to return before continuing. "Major Kai was the man in charge of the ground mission which helped secure this planet with a minimal amount of casualties. Even as there was a chance of disciplinary action he made sure to protect his team from any blow back. His team has given glowing reviews to his ability to command a unit under fire, coordinating civilians, military, and Jedi in a single cohesive unit. They fought bravely and secured their objective even as the enemy was about to overtake them, it was under Major Kai's leadership that they held. It is my honor to present to him the Command Commendation Medal" to which he moves present the award as the entire bay cheers and claps for the stunned Shistavanen "You did a good thing Major, dont look so surprised. Smile for the holos." as he turns for a picture.

He dismisses the Major as he heads back to the podium. "Thank you again for all attending, and helping us honor the members of the squad who gave us a glimmer of light to hope for." She leaves the stage and the dignitaries follow. Captain of the ship moves up and says "There will be refreshments and finger foods in all of the messes. Feel free to partake. Dismissed."

When our heroes head to the mess they are patted on the back, and congratulations are given to every member. At some point during the evening each member is visited by Lt Eckmire again asking them to report to briefing room C at 09:00.

-------------------

ooc: You guys have finally made it to the end of the chapter, congraulations! As a reward I will be giving everyone 50CPs, and an additional CPs as mentioned below

Esoomian wrote:
  • 80348 Rambo Dream Sequence!
  • 80451 - Nice tie in to your BG
  • 83350 - Ha, shove the ship.
  • 84702 - Insta Dark Jedi! (this one includes all the other hijinks that Dark Tiny got into)
  • 87309 - Flying Jedi sneak Attack!
  • xxxxx - For easily switching between three different characters... also for knocking two out lol.
  • 127044 - Extra effort on the struggle between light and dark

Garolf wrote:
  • 80463 - PC goes down, and you worry bout the children
  • 84839 - Nice breakdown
  • 84876 - Always ready for the worst.
  • 85033 - Mercy, nice character development
  • 94596 - Speech!
  • 105801 - I always enjoy reading your flashbacks.
  • 126539 - Another good flashback

Orallynn wrote:
  • 80338 - I liked yyou playing with the younglings
  • 84845 - Death Reaction
  • 87594 - Do or Do not, there is no try
  • 103802 - Nice change of tactics when it wasnt working

Rownn wrote:
  • 81496 - Dream into his psyche
  • 84861 - Baby the Giant Dark Jedi!
  • 122794 - Typical wookie.. Toss em.
  • xxx - Held your own against 4 Yuuzhan Vong while bleeding... nice
  • 123498 - Able to overcome stubborn decision for the sake of others
  • XXXX - For always taking the opportunity in combat to attempt to probe the Yuuzhan Vong, and spending the 50 CP mentioned above, he can now sense the Yuuzhan Vong in the Force

Zinn wrote:
  • 82375 - The whole picking on you Razz
  • 84810 - I like the reaction to IDS
  • 89575 - I liked the animal lover in you
  • 93415 - Reaction to Birth
  • 103224 - Frisbee Z95... halarious visual

Ill give you guys time to post your reaction / thoughts to this one before moving on, feel free to RP as much as you want!

Last edited by vong on Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:59 am; edited 3 times in total
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing Major Fillion in his formal attire Garolf is thankful he doesn't have his dress uniform present, thinking of all the medals and campaign ribbons he has that would have to be present. There's something about all those things that seems to make folks stare in awe. He thinks about the medals alone. Sixty-seven Redbird Pins, each one representing an injury recieved in the line of duty. Twice awarded the Superior Service Medal. The Kenobi Medallion for Battle of Hoth. Both the Star of Alderaan and the Burdine Cluster for Invassion of Cofera. Twice awarded the Rohal Cross, And the Cross Crosslet for the Second Battle of Kashyyyk. Beings tend to stare at those things and think they denote a hero, the campaign ribbions only seem to reinforce that notion. Thankfully he didn't have time to get his dress uniform out when the team was first put together. Otherwise they'd make him wear it to this ceremony.

Garolf feels his blood boil seeing Fey'lya is present. He hadn't been present at the Battle for the Katana Fleet all those years ago, but one of the pilots of Gold Squadron had had her astromech record the little conversation between the Bothan and Organa Solo and Karrde. And she just happened to play it back for some of the other rocket jockeys who hadn't been there that day. Of course word was already spreading from the various naval personnel who had taken part about what Fey'lya had said and how he had viewed the military. But while some had been more likely to dismiss what they were told as just people who didn't like the man spreading rumors intended to harm him few continued defending him when they heard that recording. The memory of that recording came back to him the moment he saw the man who was now Chief of State.

"......cilor Fey'lya have?" the voice belonged to the then Councilor Organa Solo. Her's was one of the most recgonized in the New Republic, certainly everyone who had served at any Alliance base she'd been stationed at prior to Endor had been likely to see her speak.

"It's simple enough. Councilor Fey'lya is motivated soley by his own political survival," that had been the then smuggler captain Talon Karrde. His voice wsn't well known so most didn't have an idea who was talking. "He's running away from the fight because he's put his most ardent supporters aboard this ship and he can't afford to loose any of them."

"He's what? But I thought..."

"That this was the normal crew of the Quenfis? Not at all. The captain and senior offcers are all that remain, and they were mostly on his side in the first place. That's why Fey'lya wanted a few hours before leaving Coruscant: so that he could shift duty assingments around and make sure everyone aboard was fully loyal to him. Not that any of them realized that, of course. They were given the impression that it was a special security assignment.

"So you can imagine how reluctant Fey'lya is to risk losing any of them over anything so outmoded as loyalty to one's comrades. Especially after having worked so hard to convince them of how much he cared for the average fighting man."

"Is that true, Councilor?" Organa Solo's voice had been filled with disbelief at Karrde's words. "All this talk about being on the side of the military was nothing more than a play for political power?"

"Don't be foolish, Councilor," contempt could be heard in Fey'lya's voice, almost as recgonizeable as Organa Solo's, Mon Mothma's, or Admiral Ackbar's at the time. "What other use are soldiers to a politician?"

"Is that why you don't care if the men of Rogue Squadron die?" That had been Karrde asking that. "Because they prefer to stay out of politics?"

"No one cares if their enemies die. And those who are not on my side are my enemies. I trust, Captain Karrde, that I need not say more," there had been a cold, hard edge to Fey'lya's voice making the listener wonder if he was holding the two at gun point.

The recording had gone on to the point where Captain Virgilio had relieved Fey'lya of command and told him that some didn't consider loyalty outmoded, but it didn't matter, the damage had already been done. At the time Garolf had been somewhat ambivalent as tohow he felt about the Bothan. But that recording had created an intense dislike of him. No, it wasn't a dislike, he hated Fey'lya though he had never said so on duty or in any of his historical datafiles. Of duty and in private he'd let friends who had felt much the same as himself know how little he trusted Fey'lya and had been quite disgusted when that event had not cost the Bothan his career. He'd been even more disgusted to see the piece of poodoo become Chief of State. There had been better choices. Choice who wouldn't have eliminated the Minister of State position as Fey'lya had. Ackbar might have been a better Chief of State than Fey'lya, certainly he would have been a better successor to Organa Solo and would have had more support for the military.

Garolf keeps it in and doesn't allow his feelings to show on his face. But he so wishes he had a copy of that recording right now so as to play it for everyone and remind them who the Chief of state is. Especially when the poodoo tries taking credit away from the beings who fought here to achieve victory.

When his name is called Garolf steps forward with the team and accepts the medal stone faced, just as he had accepted all the other medals. As far as he was concerned it wouldn't do to smile an make folks think you believed you deserved this medal. Others felt differently, seeing the medal as a recgocnition of their accomplishments. They were entitled to that, it's pretty much what so many medals were. But Garolf always wondered if he was being singled out as someone to parade around before the cameras and have people say "look at the hero." What was about politicians and parading soldiers like that anyway, especially politicians that were only just using the soldiers to further their own goals.

But then Fey'lya singals him out for a futher honor. Garolf is stunned, stunned he has to remain there with someone he has such contempt for. He accepts the medal only out of dignity and decorum when all he wants to do is throw it away. He doesn't feel he deserves it, doesn't feel he deserves either. And he wonders if anyone would notice if he were to throw the second one away. The first he might try giving to Tiny since he was denied one of his own. Course it will be recorded in his file that he's recieved both, whether he keeps them or not.

"Smile for the holos." When Fey'lya turns for the picture Garolf refuses to smile, that would suggest he supports the Chief of State. He doesn't. And knowing Fey'lya he'd probably have the images altered to show a supportive Major Kai standing beside the leader he so adores when these images go public. But hose present will remember it differently. He notes a few of the older timers in the crowd who may likely have the same feelings. But to others it may just look like he's either overwhelmed by the moment or he just doesn't see himself a hero.

(OOC: All the green belongs to Timothy Zahn and was copied word for word from Dark Force Rising. The brown was changes I made to Zahn's work)

Wanted Poster

Last edited by Hellcat on Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zinn reports for the ceremony as ordered. He'd spent a good long time in the gym, pounding his frustrations out on the various equipment. He worked out with equipment they had there, as well as that odd staff he picked up on the battlefield. Sweaty, worn out, he'd gone to his assigned quarters and cleaned up for the ceremony.

He stands at attention, being shown off to the gathered assemblage, along with his teammates- minus Tiny, of course. Still not sure how he felt about Tiny, he tries to keep his mind focused on the present. Garolf's rebuke still stings his ears; and now he has to stand through this ceremony, ignoring the fact that the New Republic's Chief of State is trying to take credit for the debacle on the planet below.

Zinn stands at perfect attention as the Cross of Glory is placed upon him. He doesn't move at all; he doesn't smile, doesn't nod. He is pleased, perhaps surprisingly, when Garolf is kept out for an extra recognition. Zinn agrees that Garolf did a good job dirtside, and deserves to be recognized for it.

When the entire assembly is dismissed, Zinn goes to his quarters and changes into a flight suit, then heads for one of the mess halls to get a bite to eat.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fading Light - vong All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 213, 214, 215  Next
Page 214 of 215

Jump to: