The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Fading Light - IC
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fading Light - vong -> Fading Light - IC Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 212, 213, 214, 215  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zinn pipes up. "If you're not going to be on board the shuttle, sir, please request someone who speaks Shirywook. Rownn is hurt, and is obviously more winded than he ought to be. I could tell that digging Tiny out was a severe strain on him. I volunteer to help him guard Tiny until we can find out what's going on. I might not understand the Force, but I am sensitive to it, and sensed it when Tiny somehow accessed it. I'm hoping that Rownn and Orrallyn will teach me how to understand and use the Force...but at the moment, recovery and evacuation has to be our first priority. I don't know the extent of Rownn's injuries, but if they're winding a Jedi who ought to be able to move rubble like this with the Force alone, then they're more serious than we can tell by looking."
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Lt.," Garolf says to Lt. Torche, "as much as I would like to leave this planet right now you have already stated I have orders to keep the civies out of the techs way. And I need to report to General Hades. I'm afraid I can't yet depart this planet until the General dismisses me."

Garolf then turns to Zinn.

"Lt. Valimar, there are still civilians on this base who need to be kept out of the way of the New Republic techs. My orders are to keep them out of the way and I will carry that out. If you choose to depart now, then so be it. You may request a translator when you arrive on ship."

He then turns back to Lt. Torche.

"Lt. I need a surface to ship comlink."

Wanted Poster
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zinn replies, a little sheepishly. "As long as it's alright with you, sir. After all, your orders are mine as well, unless you issue something different."
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pvt Kowalski comes running up when he hears Garolf is looking for a comlink to the fleet. "Who do you need sir?" he asks.

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Ship security, Kowalski. Need to have a guard detail assigned to the patient."

As soon as Kowalski gets into contact with the ship Garolf explains the situation and explains that a Wookiee Jedi will be accompanying Tiny.

"You're eager to go," Garolf says to Zinn. "Then go. I'll stay here and tend to the civies."

Garolf turns to Tiny and sees if he can't at least try getting him to the shuttle for evac.

"Doubt you can hear me, but I gotta say it anyway. You're probably going to hate me for what happened here and what I did, intentional or not. Fine. But I want you to know that whether it was on the ship or here on the base that I tried to get you somewhere to get medical treatment."

With that Garolf tries lifting the Esoomian and carrying him as best he can.

(OOC: Strength 4D to lift Tiny and carry him to the evac shuttle)

Wanted Poster
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zinn nods. "You got it, chief. We'll keep Tiny safe. Or, everyone else, if it comes to that."

He looks at Rownn. "Looks like we're cleared to go. Let's get Tiny out of here."

He looks at Rylah. "Are you coming with us, or staying here?"
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cue dream sequence -

Distorted parodies of Vong warriors surround Tiny chanting encouragement and giving Tiny space to spar with one of their number. The twisted being’s face splits into a grotesque grin that bisects his face as he lunges with an acid dripping serpent. The blow makes a shallow cut on Tiny shoulder, the acid sizzling in the wound and sends tendrils of pain out through his body. Tiny roars in response drawing on his pain and rage to land a three fingered punch with his left hand on the Vong’s face. The sound of crushed cartilage is unnaturally loud and momentarily drowns out the chanting. The Vong staggers backwards, dark blood pouring from his ruined face. Despite this he laughs, nodding encouragingly as Tiny harnesses his anger to lash out.

Suddenly there is the scream of an engine cutting through battle, all faces turn skywards to see a sleek metallic ship strafing them. Blasts of righteous fire rain down from above purging the nightmarish Vong and engulfing Tiny in a conflagration. Tiny screams in agony as his skin begins to blister and peel sinking to his knees and trying to shield his face with his hands. The dark hand on his right arm pulses, each second of torment making it stronger until the darkness consumes Tiny. Even in the darkness there is no respite. Rather than snuffing out the flames the darkness has drawn them in, making them a part of Tiny so his pain is unending. He struggles to his feet looking himself over, seeing arteries and veins standing out on his skin as shimmering traceries of fire flowing through his body.

“Monster!” Garolf yells “On my mark destroy it!” Tiny turns to see Garolf leading a firing squad. Blasts of energy lance from faceless foes and drive him back as his flesh is ravaged. Once again the darkness surrounds him, sinister whispers goading him to annihilate his former comrades filling his ears as his vision fades to black. Drawing on the pain and fury Tiny forces his way forwards, the deadly energy blasts no longer holding him off as he draws them in. Rents appear over his veins as fire erupts from his body, the hateful power too much to be entirely contained.

With a wordless cry of rage Tiny unleashes his pain on Garolf and the others. Streams of incandescent malice explode from his body and converge on his allies. The darkness recedes from Tiny’s vision and he witnesses Garolf and the faceless firing squad consumed by the maelstrom, flailing and wailing piteously before collapsing into crumbling pillars of ash. Tiny roars in triumph the very force of his voice shattering the pillars and causing them to blow away on the wind. Now where his former foes once stood lies only a small blackened skeleton clutching a cybernetic arm nearly half its size. As Tiny stares and the realization that he has murdered Hrar, a being he was sworn to protect, a being who has done nothing but attempt to help Tiny the sinister whispers start again. 'Murderer! Murderer! Monster! Monster!' Tiny turns and flees heading towards Rownn firing an eWeb into the distance.

As Tiny nears Rownn the scenery blurs, the world around them dissolving and reforming to mimic Tiny’s first encounter with Rownn. This time however Tiny is wearing a robe and Rownn is smirking maliciously as he holds Tiny aloft with one arm. Mr Big and his cronies flank the Wookiee egging him on. With barely a thought Tiny summons his light sabre into his hand the cold steel cylinder’s weight reassuring. With trancelike calm Tiny touches the hilt of the light sabre to Rownn’s chest. A fleeting thought recognizes just how easy this is to do with Rownn’s attention on the criminals and how difficult it would be to cut off Rownn’s arm in comparison. As Rownn turns back to face him Tiny thumbs the activation stud feeling the momentary resistance of the trigger before the blade bursts into life punching through Rownn’s chest with the foul smell of burning hair. The expression on Rownn’s face changes, beatific rather than smirking as his dying words rasp from his lips. “You could be so much better than this… You are better than this.”

As Rownn dies the ground under Tiny’s hooves crumbles sending him tumbling to a chasm. Instinct more than will causes him to latch onto a ledge as he falls. The world around him changes again and he is on a precipice half way down a mountain. At the base of the mountain is a fiery pit filled with misshapen gladiators killing and maiming each other in the most gruesome way possible, laughing as the bodies are consumed by the flames. Each warrior striving to be the champion and rule over the chaos with unending violence. At the top of the mountain a small contingent of beings sit peacefully ignoring a large table laden with food. There is one less chair at the table than there are beings. Towering over the beings is what could only be described as a demon, lashing at the beings and attempting to tempt or force the beings to take a seat at the table. Despite this the beings steadfastly refuse, even when one of their number is slain and one of the chairs crumble they continue to resist.

Tiny stand on the ledge looking up and down at his choices. His right arm has morphed into a four headed flail, each head a leering skull jerking and dragging him steadily towards the precipice and the conflict below. Only his tenuous grip on the mountain itself stops him from being dragged down.

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellcat wrote:
With that Garolf tries lifting the Esoomian and carrying him as best he can.

Jedi Skyler wrote:
He looks at Rownn. "Looks like we're cleared to go. Let's get Tiny out of here."

Rownn moves to help Garolf move Tiny. He speaks to Zinn as he strains to lift the weighty alien, "I'll be fine, my wounds have been tended. You should remain and see to the refugees; they'll need protection if anything else happens."

Donate to Ankhanu Press
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooc: In the spirit of moving us forward I will make an assumption.

Garolf moves over to Tiny with Rownn and it becomes obvious that they will not be able to lift his sizable bulk reliably. Garolf orders a quartet of troopers to help with the lifting duties and they hurriedly move into the base. Tiny lets out a few moans along the way as there is no good way of carrying someone who is burned this much. He is brought aboard the shuttle and then it quickly takes off for space.

Rownn, Orrallyn and Rylah all go up with the shuttle. Rylah says to Rownn "You shouldn't lift him once we get aboard the ship. You will need to be admitted when we arrive at the med bay." She informs the pilot to request a double large heavy duty stretcher to meet them in the hangar bay as she places an IV in a section of skin that was not burnt. Once they arrive on scene they are met with 6 armed guards and a small medical team. The guards help lift tiny aboard the stretcher and then everyone is rushed off to the medical bay. A duo of guards remain within eyesight of Tiny at all times, while the other 4 remain outside the med bay, but close enough that they can respond quickly. After about 10 minutes of intensive doctoring, he is raised into a Bacta Tank and suspended within.

Garolf leaves the shuttle before it departs and pulls a trooper aside and asks where the General is. He is directed tot he far end of the hangar where he has set up a temporary command post. Crews are working at starting to clear out the debris in the hangar. He sees Garolf approach and says "Major Kai, Good work on holding the LZ for us. My techs tell me that you got the exhibits working again, that is quite the bit of ingenuity. Anything I should be aware of in here?" he asks.

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garolf snaps a crisp salute when he firsts arrives before the general. He then stands at ease as he listens patiently to what the general says.

"Sir, as you can see there are civillians here," Garolf begins. He then goes into a full report of how the team arrived on planet. Of their first encounter with the civies. Their bringing the remains of the Second Chance into the back of the base as best they could. What the civies had already done. What the team did before the first skirmish to get ready for a battle. The pregnant women giving birth. The first skirmish and the loss of the little girl. Personally putting the one wounded enemy survivor out of their misery because they didn't have the medical supplies to save him and aid the defenders as well.The loss of Tiny's prosthetic and his appearent sudden manifestation of the Force, along with the manifestation of the dark arm. The appearent location of the enemy base. The battle itself and how the team had tried to encourage the civilian defenders to all remain and defend the base so their friends and loved ones might live. Of the unintentional friendly fire incident against Tiny. Of the loss of Zinn as aerial support and how the pilot was forced to transfer to fighting on the ground. The arrival of the NR squad and the end of the battle. The deaths of Hrar and Trustum. Even about his orders to send Tiny up to a ship for medical treatment even though he has concerns about the dark side possibly still flowing through him. Though he does explain that there are Jedi, though wounded, that are with Tiny just incase he's still relying on the dark side. Anything and everything Garolf can think of and remember, including the explosives the defenders had lined the tunnel leading to where the chance is now.

Garolf doesn't take any credit for himself whether it is deserved or not. After what happened to the little girl and Tiny Garolf doesn't believe he deserves any credit for what happened here. Instead he praises the others on the team and the civilians for the work they'd done, though he does point out that most of the civilians eventually fled the battle. He has more praise for the two they stayed and continued to fight after the others fled. But he does take take blame for the friendly fire incident. It was an accident but it doesn't mater, he blames himself for it

"Sir, the civilians should be evacuated as soon as possible," Garolf says when he gets done with his report. "We did tell them that they would be evacuated from here and with the New Republic forces taking over the base they could get in the way. I will do waht I can to keep them out of the techs hair as much as possible. As for the friendly fire incident and my failures, I am ready for what punishment is to be dealt."

Wanted Poster
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zinn, unhappy about being told to remain behind, but knowing there is a lot yet to do dirtside, comes up behind Garolf just as the general arrives. Zinn salutes, almost in perfect synch with Garolf, then follows suit and stands at ease while Garolf briefs the general on the action here. His face registers displeasure as the major shunts any and all praise away from himself, but tries to take all blame for any mistakes that occurred. He respects Garolf's action in that it is, it seems, designed to deflect any negative action from his squad. However, he also dislikes the notion that anything different could have been done, especially given both the fluid nature of battle and the added issue of Tiny's sudden and violent baptism into the ways of the Force. However, he stands silently as Garolf gives the sitrep, then waits for the general's orders.
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The general listens patiently to the full story, asking for clarification here and there. Upon finishing he says "You are taking it too hard on yourself Major. You were holding the beachhead with a handful of trained operatives, and little to no support. Casualties were expected. Friendly fire happens every now and then. As per regulation 35627 you will of course have to report to command once you arrive aboard the ship and submit yourself to a full inquiry, but that is standard for any friendly fire occurrence. I would not worry, from the sounds of it it was an accident and you regret it happening. The inquiry will be just a formality. Tiny will have to be placed under custody until a full inquiry for murdering Hrar (ooc: I will take this part out if you let me know you neglect to give details on that, but you said you tell everything so I am going with the assumption that you told him). It sounds like he might not even pull through, surprising he survived at all. But that will not occur until after the field operation is finished, which is not now. Major Kai you are to report to the civilians and get them ready for transport. Keep them calm and orderly. Keep your comlink tuned to frequency 325.73 and when a transport is available you will get them up here as orderly as possible. I understand they are frightened, but we need to get the base back up to military standard fast before the full contingent of Yuuzhan Vong ground troops arrive. Lt Valimar, you will take Sgt Moore over there" he says gesturing to a tech going through his equipment "and his squad to disarm all the explosives that have been placed throughout the base. If you require a Civilian you are authorized to gather one up so that they may point out the devices. They are not to disarm them themselves unless by remote disarming device. Any questions?" he asks before dismissing the duo.

Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zinn steps up. "Yes, sir. Is Sgt. Moore, or are members of his squad, explosives experts? I'm not the most skilled person you're going to meet in that field; I'm just wondering if you were expecting me to oversee operations or be actively disarming the devices."
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Skyler wrote:
Zinn steps up. "Yes, sir. Is Sgt. Moore, or are members of his squad, explosives experts? I'm not the most skilled person you're going to meet in that field; I'm just wondering if you were expecting me to oversee operations or be actively disarming the devices."

The general clarifies "They are trained techs. You are simply pointing out where every mine or explosive on the base is located they will do the rest. If you dont know I bet you know who does, so you are to ensure that every mine is located. You are responsible for removing these hazards from the base to ensure the safety of our troops Lt."

Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zinn comes to attention and snaps off a crisp salute. "On it, sir. And I'll be paying attention to what they're doing, so I can pick up some new knowledge."

He begins to turn away, then turns back for a moment. "Sir? I know it's not imperative at the moment, but is there a chance of possibly getting a new X-wing anytime soon? Part of my mission with the Second Chance has been to occasionally fly escort. My ship got taken out by those blasted skips. Like I said, sir, I know that's not top priority, but I wanted to put the request out there in case there was a chance we could requisition one before our mission here is done."
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fading Light - vong All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 212, 213, 214, 215  Next
Page 213 of 215

Jump to: