The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Koensayr's O-Wing Starfighter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Koensayr's O-Wing Starfighter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better be careful, Ragnar... The MIPs are not often emptied after their secondary uses before being pressed into service.

"AWWWWWWWWW!!! WHO GAVE THE WOOKIEE CHILI???"
Ragnar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well if I were to use one of those, I have confidence in how i would tactically use it.
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt about that, but there's always the chance that, while checking your gear, you might have forgotten to...

"Rid yourself of excess weight, and thus increase the fuel efficiency of the O-Wing" as some Desk Pilot might put it.
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:51 pm    Post subject: Flight Control Pod... Reply with quote

Koensayr Flight Control Pod:
An odd item, but one that has sold quite well, is the Flight Control Pod. This Pod is the only one that requires a bit of modification to the O-Wing itself (Included in price of Pod), adding more displays to the Rear Gunner's section of the craft, allowing them to work (in an albet limited manner) as a Flight Control Operator. Alot of Space Stations have purchased these with O-Wings and use them as a method of decreasing their insurance rates (As they have a back-up if Primary Flight Control goes down). In high traffic areas, however, a good number of these are needed for the overflow.

Pirates and Mercenaries also like these for their hidden bases, as they can be used to direct the limited traffic into and out of their bay, while providing protection at the same time!

And a steal at only 5,500 Credits! (4,000 Credits without the ship modifications).

Game Notes:
Passive senor stat changes to: 100/0D. This allows a limited number of craft (GM's Discression) craft travelling in a sector to be routed/directed properly, in the instances where a Flight Control Tower/Centre is not available. When the craft is modified, the gunner gains a -1 modifier to all Starship Gunnery rolls for the Autoblaster due to the cramptness caused by the modification.

Last edited by Ray on Thu Nov 20, 2003 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:18 pm    Post subject: Trooper Pod... Reply with quote

Trooper Pod:
This pod is larger, and bulkier than most other O-Wing Pods, and reduces the O-Wings performance even more as well. But, if an O-Wing goes into space or atmospheric combat with it, then the pilot (or task force commander) has just screwed up royally! This Pod is a quickly detachable Pod that hold a platoon of soldiers (24 Enlisted, 1 Officer, with Light Kit) underneath the wings, along with four speederbikes (or two Republic Manufacturing General Purpose Military Vechicle) in cargo bays above the wings. In addition, there is a small suite of battlefield communcations systems in the pods, allowing them to be used as a portable field command post. (Communications gear has a range of 2 Kilometres in good conditions, and cane perfrom a tightbeam to ships in space.).

And, after the pod has been fielded, the O-Wing can quickly (But carefully) detach, and perform Close Air Support or Anti-Fighter duty.

Game Notes:
O-Wing Stats decrease as follows when this pod is equipped:
Maneuverability: 1D
Space: 6
Atmosphere: 330; 950 km/h

Additional Game Notes: When the Trooper Pod is installed, the Pilot has a -1D penalty to all Starfighter Piloting rolls to "Dodge" shots due to impared vision. In addition, the rear Autoblaster only has the Rear Firearc available to him with the Pod installed.
Removing the Pod requires two rounds and a Moderate Starfighter Piloting Roll, or One Round and a Difficult Starfighter Piloting roll.

Special Thanks to Matt (Not a forum member) and Volo Enrunk (A forum member) for the idea of the Trooper Pod!

Last edited by Ray on Wed Nov 26, 2003 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Volo Enrunk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Lt Commander Glad i could serve the empire well.
*salutes, turns on his heal and walks back to the R&D confines*
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More of a Civilian/Merc fighter than an Imperial one (Koensayr having decent "Rebel" ties at the time of manufacture)... But you're very welcome.

If any folks have ideas for Pods, don't sit on 'em! Send 'em my way!!!
Volo Enrunk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh thats okay volo's really a barabel so yeah like he's gonna be a ship engineer... 1d tech... hehe i was just liking our ranks and stuff.
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some sort of minelaying pod?

You know one that contains about 100 mini-mines (about the size of a missile without the propellant and guidance systems). and you can just zip around the battlefield laying mines or use the mines to shake other fighters on your tail.

Perhaps the mines could do 7d damage starship scale and have limited tracking/movement capablities IE any craft not carrying a minelayer pod (or it's counterpart the minescoop pod) would be considered a target and if they move within 1 spacial unit of the mines then all the mines in that area attempt to crash into the enemy ship.

Something like that anyway
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or how about the ever popular food synthesiser/dispenser pod... For when you've got an army to feed.

Is there already a shield enhancing pod?
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minelaying Pod: Good idea. Have them triggered by IFF (Identify Friend/Foe) transmiters (Stock equipment on every craft by law and common sense), and they'll work perfectly. I'd rig them up for "Flak" attacks, however... 3D or 4D Starfighter to anything in that particaular Spacial Unit. Not all that damaging, but not something you'll fly through, either. 7D+ Warheads are based on Shape Charges getting a Direct Impact.

Food Dispenser Pod... Now that's an idea... But just use a Cargo Pod with a Cargo Jetison System in it... Para-Drop Rations to the troops. "Great, Stormie Rations again."

And a Shield Pod was the first one published. It's *WAY* back on page one of this thread!
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget the counterpart minescoop pod so that all the unused mines don't disrupt local shipping... Don't want to be called the careless despot for leaving minefeilds all over the system

Oh and you should really make it one of the mine types available Ion mines... So instead of exploding into shrapnel and (I want to say fire but without oxygen there won't be too much fire) the create an EMP blast when they go so they do say 3d worth of ion damage to all ships within one spacial unit...
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: MIP... Reply with quote

Ray wrote:
Koensayr MIP:

"Marine Insertion Pod" is probably the most hated pod in the O-Wing Arsenal... It is two large warheads that are designed to be fired at either docking bays, or large transparisteel windows on capital ships, with a penetration system to get through the particle shields and weakened parts of the hull, and unload one marine each into the belly of the beast for initial assult against the ship in question, to allow a boarding shuttle to get a better chance of getting into the ship without being attacked during the boarding, or just as the troops are unloading from the craft (The two points where the forces are at their most vulnerable.).

Pilots hate them because they take up room that could be used for better and more potent weapons systems, and the fact that they have to listen to the marines whine and moan about being in the pods. The marines hate them because the pods are crampt, uncontrolable, on the way to attack a prepared force with few fellows, and they have to be put in the hands of those arrogant flyboys. Commanders hate them because they don't usually work, are expensive, and only work with a force that doesn't believe that anyone would truely be stupid enough to use them.

Pirates, however, have a tendency of using them against bridges of large freighters to great effect, however.

(For a visual reference, MIPs look like metal and high-tech Port-A-Potties. They also function as reduced capacity Port-A-Potties, which they're mostly used as in Flight Bays.).

MIP:
Scale: Capital
Skill: Missile Weapons: MIPs
Fire Control: 2D
Space Range: 2-12/30/60
Atmosphere Range: 4-24/60/120 km
Damage: N/A (Unless fired against Starfighters, then 3D Capital Scale... Not to mention one pissed off Marine!).

I like this...

Any chance we can have you make one 'revised' post with all these pods in order?

As to the mine pod.. Hows about this?
Mine layer pod.
This pod comes in 2 forms. A space pod, which is almost as big, as the Trooper pod that can lay down 48 space based mines (see below stats). The ground pod, is a little larger (1.2M) than the Marine insertion unit, and it carries 90 AP or 60 AV mines. Unlike most other pods, this is NOT quickly detachable, requiring a whole hours work, to add or remove it.

Game notes:
When attached, the space pod drops the ships speed down to 5, and the MV to 0D. It disperses 48 Anti fighter/freighter mines. Each mine has a 12Su scanning range, and a thruster pack giving it a 3 speed (6d fire control to lock on and hit). Each one does 4d+2 fighter damage. Alternately there is a capital ship mine version that has 4 anti cap ship mines, with the same stats (other than their scanning range goes to 24 and speed to 6).
The Ground version, slows the ship down to 215/500kmh, but allows it to cover a 8km area with mines. Unlike the space ones, the ground ones stay where they are, but can be remotely activated or left in dumb mode.
AP – blast radius of 0-3/6/9/12 and a damage value of 6d/5d/4d/3d character scale. Has a hide die pool of 5d for purposes of staying hidden when ‘set’.
AV – blast radius of 0-4/8/12/20 with a damage of 7d/6d/5d/4d speeder scale.

Cost: 14,000 with mines in already or 4,500 without.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For note, i cataloged (as ran them all through spell checker!!!!0 all the pods so far posted. Email me Ray so i can send it to ya....
Boomer
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could really use some astromech hive pods, with a nice way to coordinate the astromech hive droids. It'd be nice to have a tiny fighter that could easily dispatch droids over the surface of a station or capital ship. Wether that be friend or foe capital ship.
to finance my 'vette!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: