The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Conversions - Starships of the Galaxy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Conversions - Starships of the Galaxy Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atgxtg
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
I'll have to look at it. I think that might have been one of those things I might have intended to delete. It's been months since I've done this project, so I'll have to review it.

Sorry. I didn't meant to make more work for you. Embarassed
jmanski
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was the Imperial Assault Shuttle in SOG? I saw it listed on Wookiepedia but don't see it in the PDF.

(I'm having another ADD moment, I'm sure....)
cheshire

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh geez, I just saw that yesterday as I was compiling my alphebetical index. I think it's in Galaxy at War or in the Rebellion Era Campaign Guide.

Edit: You're correct that it was in the SOTG. However, that was in a time when if there was an official stat, the conversion never was included in the book. You can find it in Gry's starship stats book or in the Imperial Sourcebook.
jmanski

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I saw that.

Actually, (sigh), wookiepedia is gonna drive me crazy....

I saw an article about an imperial assault shuttle. It says it resembles a lambda but has a plasma torch. It goes on to describe how in one of the books an assault shuttle carried tie fighters for a secret mission.

So. Is this the same assault shuttle we all know and love? Is this the one that is carried on top of the assault frigate?
cheshire

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The entry that you're looking at (I'm assuming) is this:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Assault_Shuttle , and it lists the SOTG as a source. That's crap. This is the one in SOTG:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gamma-class_assault_shuttle

So, are there stats on a lambda-based assault shuttle? I'm not sure.
jmanski

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the link (that I didn't post- sorry).

That's what I was wondering- I didn't know if the shuttle in SOG was the same as the Gamma or not and if not I hoped someone got bored and statted it. It's not like I need it, I just have this thing for assault shuttles for some reason.... I think I have an assault shuttle problem Shocked

Thanks for the info Ches
Falcon79
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chesh Here's Something I'd like you to add to your Starships of the Galaxy Coversion PDF to reflect differing levels of sophistication found in starships and the componan'ts installed in the across the ages as well as some more modification rules:

Quote:
Age Modifier (Optional Rule)

Sets the time period for when the starcraft was built OR the
level of standard for any replacement systems installed after
construction.

Time Period Age Modifier
Mass Modifier/Cost Modifier (listed by time period, below):
Old Republic x1.2 to x9/x0.8 to x0.1
Clone War x1.1/x0.9
New Order x1/x1
New Republic x0.9/x1.1
Dark Empire x0.8/x1.2
New Jedi Order x0.7/x1.3
Legacy (Early) x0.6/x1.4
Legacy (Late) x0.5/x1.5

These are by Ray but I thought they should be included.

Ray, Modified by Falcon79 wrote:

New Sensor Systems:

A oft forgotten upgrade/modification to ships is the sensor system... Mainly because of the problems derived in doing so... The removal/replacement of the data lines, the changing of the sensor suite dish, the new computer systems that you'll have to figure out... The whole lot is considered a bad deal. Unless it allows you to see well above and beyond the line of sight one would expect from a "Simple Freighter"!!! Or you have no other choice, as your last system was taken out by a power surge.

(Installation Notes: Due to the extreme measures required for reinstallation of systems, all rolls start out as Very Difficult, take almost a month, and go up from there. Full Shipyards have the equipment necessary for Easy and fast installations, but they'll be expensive!)

CEC "Back-Up" Sensor Suite:
Not a replacement system, but an emergency back-up. This basic system does not require the replacement of anything, in fact, it's designed to receive a signal from either the sensor system, the communications system, or even the basic hull! It's also cheap, and light. On the down side, it's designed to only display mass objects/radar returns, and nothing more, simple blips on a green screen! The larger the blip, the larger the object, but that's it. It's range is also limited, but, if your main system is down, this will allow a pilot to not hit anything in the blind spots of the cockpit until it can be repaired. Available in both Freighter and Capital Ship!

Emergency Sensors:
Model: CEC "Back-Up" Sensor Suite
Type: Sensor System
Cost: 500 Credits
Weight: 0.25 Metric Ton
Availability: 2
Note: This is considered an "Add-On" to a sensor system, and is not a whole new installation.
Installation difficulty is Moderate for even a couple of techs with hand tools.

Sensors:
Passive: 10/0D (Range of 5 if both Sensors and Communications are damaged)

CEC "Basic"-Series Sensor Suite:
The generic sensors that Corellian Engineering installs on most of it's freighters. It's nothing to write home about, but it's easy to repair, it's parts are cheap, and it works. Add to that the fact that it's easy to modify, like almost all other CEC products, and you have a good base for a system. It is one of the most popular replacement systems to legitimate purposes (Read: Those Pirates shot your old system to hell, and you need a new one!).

Basic Sensor Package:
Model: CEC "Basic" Sensor Suite
Cost: 800 Credits
Weight: 1 Metric Ton
Availability: 2, F (Fee is part of Freighter Fees, and is not tacked onto price if you can produce the "Pink Slip" for the ship it is being installed on, and a pilots licence.).

Sensors:
Passive: 10/0D
Scan: 25/1D
Search: 40/2D
Focus: 2/3D

Fabritech ANs-5d
The sensor system installed on the Koensayr BTL-S3 (More commonly known as the "Y-Wing"). While outdated for military vessels, they are still being made as a replacement system for civilian freighters and replacement systems for starfighters. While technically legal, some customs officials with a good reason have been known to use the installation of this system as grounds for a full ship scan, under the "Unlicenced Military Equipment Installed" laws found in most systems, and under the Galactic Empire.

Old Republic "Military" Sensor Suite (Y-Wing):
Model:
Cost: 1,000
Availability: 2, F (Fee is part of Freighter Fees, and is not tacked onto price if you can produce the "Pink Slip" for the ship it is being installed on, and a pilots licence.).

Sensors:
Passive: 20/0D
Scan: 35/1D
Search: 40/2D
Focus: 2/3D

Sienar Fleet Systems S-c 3.8:
The standard Sensor system for the TIE/In (More commonly known as the "Tie Fighter"). It is illegal for non-military vessels to have, but some freighters have illegal "Second-Hand" units that "Fell Of The Back Of A Speeder Truck"... If you ignore the scorch marks.

Imperial Military Sensor Suite (Tie Fighter):
Model: SFS S-c 3.8
Cost: 1,500 (On Invisible market)
Availability: 2, R (Common on Invisible Market, but illegal.).

Sensors:
Passive: 20/0D
Scan: 40/1D
Search: 60/2D
Focus: 3/3D

Fabritech ANx-y:
The unit installed on the Incom T-65 (More commonly known as the "X-Wing"). This unit is on the prescribed list, and is illegal to purchase by non-military personelle, period. Most of these units are manufactured by the Rebellion in secret factories, but Fabritech still produce a few models for "Civilian" purchased X-Wings. In freighters, they are bought by Rebellion Agents, Smugglers, and some Scouts.

Rebel Military Sensor Suite (X-Wing):
Model: Fabritech ANx-y
Cost: 1,750 Credits
Weight: 2 Metric Tons
Availability: 3, X

Sensors:
Passive: 25/0D
Scan: 50/1D
Search: 75/2D
Focus: 3/4D

Sensor Add-Ons:

Cargo Scanning Dedicated Computer System: 10,000 Credits (Availability: 3, R)
Legal only to Customs Officials and the Military, Cargo Scanning is an add-on to a Sensor Suite that allows for rough estimates of what cargo is currently loaded on a freighter. This system is far from perfect, but it can differentiate from most common goods, and might be able to detect large collections of weaponry ("Are they simple passengers... Or Stormies?"). Some Starfighters are equipped with this to facilitate customs scanning. It does not increase the chance of finding concealed cargo compartments.

Quote:
Modification Rules:

Installation Difficulty Time
Very Easy 1 Hour
Easy 6 Hours
Moderate 1 Day
Difficult 2 Days
Very Difficult 1 Week
Heroic 1 Month

Modification Limit: Stats may only be increased one step at a time.
For instance, a maneuverability of 1D must be improved to 1D+1 before it can be modified to 1D+2.

Note: Cost is always based on the original retail price of the system.

Other Systems:

Modifier Difficulty Cost
+1 Easy +15%
+2 Moderate +25%
+1D Difficult +30%
+1D+1 Very Difficult +35%
+1D+2 Heroic +50%

Note: Due to current technology standards, it is impossible to improve
other systems by more than +1D+2.

Hull:

Hull Difficulty Cost
+1 Moderate +10%
+2 Difficult +20%
+1D Very Difficult +30%
+1D+1 Heroic +40%

the hull by more than +1D+1.

Hyperdrive:

Hyperdrive
Old/New Difficulty Cost
X4/X3 Easy +25%
X3/X2 Moderate +50%
X2/X1 Very Difficult +75%
X1/X1/2 Heroic +100%

a hyperdrive to better than x1/2.

For each x0.1 improvement between the hyperdrive multipliers
given above, cost increases with +2.5%. The difficulty is one step lower.

Example: You modify a X2 hyperdrive to become a X1.6 hyperdrive. It has been modified six x0.1 increments, which gives a cost increase of +75% plus 6x2.5% = 75% + 15% = +90%.
Modification difficulty is Moderate.

Lateral Thrusters:

Maneuverability Difficulty Cost
+1 Easy +50%
+2 Moderate +100%
+1D Difficult +150%
+1D+1 Very Difficult +200%
+1D+2 Heroic +250%

the maneuverability by more than +1D+2.

Sensors:

Sensor Dice Difficulty Cost
+1 Very Easy +10%
+2 Easy +15%
+1D Moderate +20%
+1D+1 Difficult +25%
+1D+2 Very Difficult +30%
+2D Heroic +40%

Sensor Range Difficulty Cost
+10% Easy +5%
+25% Moderate +10%
+50% Difficult +15%
+75% Very Difficult +20%
+100% Heroic +25%

the sensor dice by more than +2D and the range by more than +100%.

Shields:

Shield Rating Difficulty Cost
+1 Easy +15%
+2 Moderate +25%
+1D Difficult +30%
+1D+2 Heroic +50%

the shields by more than +1D+2.

Sublight Drive:

Space Difficulty Cost
+1 Moderate +50%
+2 Difficult +75%
+3 Very Difficult +100%
+4 Heroic +125%

the Space by more than four.

Weaponry:

Damage Difficulty Cost
+1 Easy +15%
+2 Moderate +25%
+1D Difficult +30%
+1D+2 Heroic +50%

Weapon Range Difficulty Cost
+5% Easy +5%
+10% Moderate +10%
+15% Difficult +15%
+20% Very Difficult +20%
+25% Heroic +25%

the damage by more than +1D+2 and the range by more than 25%.

Jame Rowe
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two comments:

First, a link to all the conversions should (in my opinion which I should say is NOT humble) given a place in the forum, preferably stickied.

Second, Cheshire, are the finished conversions hosted anywhere other than 4shared? I can't figure out how to download them from there...

EDIT: I registered with 4shared (free-level membership) and I keep getting a "navigation cancelled" error. What is happening?
cheshire

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid that I cannot reproduce the error you describe, thus I cannot help you in that respect. I would advise rebooting your computer and/or using a different browser. Also, your security settings may be causing some trouble, though I can't be sure.

Second, the conversion books are hosted on Gry's Megaupload site as well as on my 4shared. You can find links to all of the books on the first page of the Fan Made Sourcebooks page. That thread is sticky. His post is the forth of fifth one down. I hope you have better luck with the megaupload.

If you still have trouble, we don't live so far apart that I couldn't do something like hand you a CD with the books you need on them. Er... fan made books only, of course. Smile
Jame Rowe
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
If you still have trouble, we don't live so far apart that I couldn't do something like hand you a CD with the books you need on them. Er... fan made books only, of course. Smile

I'll see if I can find Gry's stuff (found the Unknown Regions one already), though I suspect that any failing would be my own either not seeing or not recognizing

As for the CD, well, I do intend to continue with the Introductory Box game, and you are very much welcome back (I enjoyed running for you guys); if I can't find it, bring it along - the fan stuff, of course. Smile
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jame Rowe wrote:
I have two comments:

First, a link to all the conversions should (in my opinion which I should say is NOT humble) given a place in the forum, preferably stickied.

Second, Cheshire, are the finished conversions hosted anywhere other than 4shared? I can't figure out how to download them from there...

EDIT: I registered with 4shared (free-level membership) and I keep getting a "navigation cancelled" error. What is happening?

You shouldnt need to register. Something else is screwed up.

Edit: Looking at the above post and GG6, why are sensors cheaper than blasters? Is it because the designers only valued equipment from their combat values (also, hyperspace engines are dimes a dozen compared to ion engines).
cheshire

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jame Rowe wrote:

I'll see if I can find Gry's stuff (found the Unknown Regions one already), though I suspect that any failing would be my own either not seeing or not recognizing.

They're all listed right in the second or third post right here:
http://www.rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1229&start=0
Jame Rowe
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, but most of those are links to 4shared.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16

Jump to: