The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

[Rebel Uprisings] Episode III, Shadows of the Future
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> PbP Inactive Games Overview -> [Rebel Uprisings] Episode III, Shadows of the Future Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 109, 110, 111
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cal replies over the com, only to Zerran. "I know. The dark side is so...palpable here. It's like a great weight trying to press in on all of us. There is one book in here that feels extremely evil to me. I was sensing with my eyes closed...when I opened them, I was looking at a book on the back wall. It is segregated from the rest of the library. If nothing else, we must destroy THAT one.

"I'm going to see if I can detect any glimmerings of the light side, or even neutrality in all these books. I mean, surely some of the more basic techniques must be uniformly taught, regardless of the background, right? Learning to levitate objects seems pretty straightforward to me. What do you think?"

Some of Cal's mostly lost youth comes through in that last, giving Zerran a reminder that though Cal is man-sized and quite strong for his age, he's still only a couple days from turning 16.
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qassar starts pacing,

"Brandon, I can't let you out. It would jeopardize the rest of the crew. We'll try to get them later."

Qassar moves down to inspect the doors, to see how structually sound they are. To see how long they'll hold.

"Toba, who do you need to get that rust bucket of a Hutt space worthy?"

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ancient speakers belch dust before they begin to speak.

"We have completed the inventory of parts that can be salvaged from this bunker, we are now downloading it to Cal's bracer. We can allocate droids under our control to assist with the repairs of the Drostruuch however we realize that this may cause some concern for the mechanic."

"We can instead salvage the escape pod or perhaps we can modify one of the existing maintence droids to appear to be a mechannible. Perhaps it could be used to safely investigate what is happening outside."

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Skyler wrote:
Cal replies over the com, only to Zerran. "I know. The dark side is so...palpable here. It's like a great weight trying to press in on all of us. There is one book in here that feels extremely evil to me. I was sensing with my eyes closed...when I opened them, I was looking at a book on the back wall. It is segregated from the rest of the library. If nothing else, we must destroy THAT one.

"I'm going to see if I can detect any glimmerings of the light side, or even neutrality in all these books. I mean, surely some of the more basic techniques must be uniformly taught, regardless of the background, right? Learning to levitate objects seems pretty straightforward to me. What do you think?"

Some of Cal's mostly lost youth comes through in that last, giving Zerran a reminder that though Cal is man-sized and quite strong for his age, he's still only a couple days from turning 16.

Zerran explains with patience to only Cal "Think of evil as a scream. When many people are screaming, the sound of a yell will seem quiet. One book may seem Good, or Neutral compared to the rest of them, but if a Sith kept it in his library, it is probably still evil. The path to the Dark side is a slippery slope, and one instruction on lifting a rock using a different part of the Force could be your first step along that dark path. It is best that we destroy everything instead of spending our time trying to find something that is most likely not there."

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cal sighs, his frustration clear over the link. So much knowledge...such possibilities. So many things he could use...

Cal shakes his head. "You're right. I'm not strong enough to judge." He looks at Christopher. "We have to destroy it. ALL of it. It is a forest full of paths, all of them leading to the dark side. If any of this gets out, it could cause a cataclysm of epic proportions. I've heard bits and pieces about the Great Sith War, and it was no joke, man."
Jamfke
Admiral
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orgaloth wrote:
Qassar starts pacing,

"Brandon, I can't let you out. It would jeopardize the rest of the crew. We'll try to get them later."

Qassar moves down to inspect the doors, to see how structually sound they are. To see how long they'll hold.

"Toba, who do you need to get that rust bucket of a Hutt space worthy?"

Bandon appears to be getting a bit antsy.

"You don't understand Captain, I must be allowed to retrieve my light sabers. If I do not retrieve them a terrible evil will be unleashed upon the galaxy."

The doors are definitely taking a beating. If the droids resume their attacks, it won't be long before they break through.
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I have something a little more pressing at the moment, like the survival of my crew."

Qassar stormed back toward the e-web calling into his commlink,

"Those doors won't hold those cursed droids back for much longer. We need to either reinforce them, or find a position that can be easily defended for a long period of time. YOU! Christol, or whatever your name is, is there a more defensive position in this complex?"

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cal looks around for any incindiary devices, fuel, whatnot...he knows it's not terribly likely for that kind of material to be in what amounts to a library, but one can only hope. If there's nothing like that around, he has another idea...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> PbP Inactive Games Overview All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 109, 110, 111
Page 111 of 111

Jump to: