The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Index to Optional Rules in Supplements
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Index to Optional Rules in Supplements Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matthias777
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you could host the file on say, Snapdrive, but someone would have to update the file periodically. Any readers would have to download the file to read it of course...although you could apply some HTML and make a webpage for it if you were so inclined.
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a few of us who have sites, we can host it there as well. (personally i have a site, and i can host stuff there as i see fit Very Happy)

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Matthias777
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good to me! 8)
darthomer09
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you all need anything like references for the book you can call me as well. To my knowledge, I've finally collected every printed WEG book.

In Soviet Russia, RPG plays you!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
noctum_carpe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lycky you, me want all of it to!

You may fire when ready
Matthias777
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

darthomer09 wrote:
If you all need anything like references for the book you can call me as well. To my knowledge, I've finally collected every printed WEG book.

...wow. Shocked I have the majority of the 2nd Edition stuff I think.
Doomhead
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Status Reply with quote

Whats the status of this project... because I'd love to help out, where I can!

http://www.box.net/shared/cn6f7sdkog
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Red 331
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think much has happened with this proposed project at this point, but I also think it's a missing link in terms of fan-created, but official WEG material, D6 Sourcebooks.

I also think it would be nice structuring it to fit in with the 2nd R&E Rulebook (i.e. categorize sections of the Optional Rules as subsections of the 2nd R&E. For instance, the optional maneuvers in the Rebel Alliance Sourcebook could be listed as a subheading of the "Starship Combat" entry (pg. 126 R&E) in "Chapter 7: Space Travel and Combat" of the 2nd R&E Rulebook.

I also think that such a Sourcebook should ONLY include official WEG source material, and NOT fan-based rules. (Someone could create a fan-based rulebook if they liked, as a separate effort).

A while ago I suggested (see earlier Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:42 pm post) that a good way to start might be to do a simple inventory for each WEG source, just listing the basic one-line description/title of the optional rule, along with the page numbers for where those rules could be found in that particular book. I still think this might be a good way to start.
ifurin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok so i decided to work on this here and there. i haven't done a whole lot yet (it's been rather slow going) but i'll post what i've got for those who want it.
    Optional Combat Rules

Skill Damage Bonus: One way to make combat deadly is to make damage reflect skill – when a character hits, add the result points (the difference between the to-hit difficulty number and the rolled number) to the damage score. If you have a sure-shot gamemaster character, it makes that character much deadlier. For example, an Infiltrator has a blaster that inflicts 5D damage. He is attempting to shoot a stormtrooper, a task with a difficulty number of 15. His roll to hit is a 35. The Infiltrator’s weapon inflicts 19 points of damage. In this case the infiltrator adds an additional 20 points of damage – 35 (the to-hit roll) minus 15 (the difficulty number) – for a total of 39 points of damage.

Skill Damage Bonus, Version 2: For gamemasters who find the above approach too deadly, this version allows for moderate increase in deadliness. In this case, add +1 to the damage roll for every 5 points over the difficulty number the character rolls. Using the above example, the Infiltrator beat the difficulty number by 20 points; in this case, he would add 4 points of damage to his weapon’s damage roll.

Dice Pools: If a strait bonus is still too deadly (the idea is to make things exiting, not automatically fatal), try dice pools. This optional rule allows characters to choose how many dice in their combat skill goes toward hitting the target and how many dice are applied to doing damage. A less-skilled character will probably use all of their on hitting the target, but a skilled marksman will probably throw a number of dice into hitting a vital area. For example, a character with 7D in blaster can decide to spend 4 blaster dice to hit; if successful she can add an additional 3D to the weapon’s damage roll.
    If used these rules should apply to both player characters and gamemaster characters. It’s unfair to let the Imperial special missions sharpshooter apply dice to damage, but not “Sureshot” Antilles, Rebel SpecForce sniper.

Optional Rule: Suppression Fire
    Suppression fire is intended more to scare the enemy into ducking more than to actually hit – to suppress the enemy’s ability to return fire. If a gamemaster wishes, suppression fire can be used to increase an opponent’s Difficulty to hit by +1 for every shot fired. Repeating blasters (or firearms) are much better suited to this than single-fire weapons. Characters using repeating blasters for suppression fire add a full level to the opponent’s Difficulty for every burst fired.

Recommendations
    It is highly recommended that gamemasters use the optional rules on page 96 of the Star Wars Roleplaying Game, Revised and Expanded regarding hit locations when dealing with partially armored characters. It is also highly recommended that the gamemaster carefully read and become quite familiar with Chapters Five and Eight and the combat sections of Chapters Six and Seven of the Star Wars Roleplaying Game, Revised and Expanded.
ifurin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

more:
    Optional Rule:
    Communications Difficulties

A host of factors can complicate communications. Most civilian comlinks are supported by repeater stations, processing nodes, comsats and fairly short transition distances. Military communications are confounded by intervening terrain, inadequate repeating stations, enemy jamming, and strong electrical activity.

The empire uses fairly hardy comlinks manufactured to military specifications. The alliance has to rely on outdoor enthusiast hardware. The high-end civilian equipment roughly parallels military quality, and occasionally has a few extras like encryption programming and holoprojection.

Almost any comlink, even fairly low-power comlink, can reach orbital comsat in clear weather. Ordinary comlinks use a wide-band broadcast to reach comsats, but these are much too easy to trace. As a result, military units use comlinks with narrow beamcast antennas, which reduces of diction (though it also reduces the communications range and clarity). In addition, hunter-killer sats are routinely deployed against enemy comsats. The HK sats are themselves a target of ships and starfighters.

When attempting to jam enemy communications the comjammer operators add his communications skill roll to the opponent’s difficulty.

Detecting and locating comlinks involves sensor rolls. Use the rules on page 51 of the Star Wars Roleplaying Game, Expanded and Revised Edition.

The following are basic difficulty guidelines for field communications:
    Very Easy: Basic communications set. HoloNet node. Surface-based comm signal within a system.
    Easy: Military field comset. Civilian comset in a city
    Moderate: Military field comlink. Civilian conset in a rural area.
    Difficult: Civilian comset in wild area.
    Modifiers:
    +5 to operators difficulty: Heavy cloud cover. Active energy fields (such as from moderate combat within 20 kilometers).

+10 to operators difficulty: Storm activity. Broad-based enemy jamming. Ionic interference (such as from a TIE fighter operating within 20 kilometers). Heavy combat conditions (due to strong energy fields).

+15 to operators difficulty: Nearby, very strong, or specific bandwidth energy fields. Trying to punch through planetary shields (either way).
ifurin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another.... this is long.
    The rebel specforce handbook pg 23
    Optional Rule: Contaminated drinking water
    Specforce troops must often obtain drinking water from streams, lakes, ponds, or oceans while in the field this water is often contaminated and must be purified before drinking. Use the following guidelines to determine the toxicity of local water sources.

Contamination Damage Effect
    Level.........................Effects......................Duration
    Lightly.......................Inflicts 2D of..............1D days
    Contaminated............Damage every
    ................................Twelve hours
    Moderately................Inflicts 2D of..............1D days
    Contaminated............damage every
    ................................six hours
    Contaminated............Inflicts 2D of...............1D days
    ................................damage every
    .................................three hours
    Highly........................Inflicts 4D of.............3D days
    Contaminated............damage every
    ................................half hour
    Toxic .........................Inflicts 5D of...............5D days
    ................................damage every
    .................................ten minutes

*Note: Armor bonuses do not apply to strength rolls to resist damage from contaminated water.

These results do not inflict normal damage, however. Calculate the wound level as normal (see Star Wars, Revised and Expanded, page 97) Gamemasters can choose—or roll 1D to randomly select—from the following optional results in lieu of the regular damage penalties. Note that, unless indicated otherwise, only one of the penalties should be selected and that and that the effects of the contaminated water last for the effect duration (indicated above) or until medical treatment is received; the base difficulties for healing the damage caused by contaminated water are a Difficult or Very Difficult (A) medicine roll, unless stated otherwise. (Only one first aid or medicine attempt can be made per day to counteract the water’s effects)

Stunned
    *Blurred vision: -1D to all vision-based search checks, -1D to any Dexterity skill rolls that require the use of sight: blaster, melee combat, dodge, and so on.

*Painful stomach cramps: movement is reduced by 2

*Low-grade fever: -1D to stealth when attempting to hide from heat sensors.

*Rash: Creates a distracting itch, -1D to Perception and related skills.

*Dizziness: -1D to Dexterity and Mechanical related skills.

First Wound
    *Parasitic infection: Pick any two results from the “stunned” effects.

*Hallucinations: Characters experience visual or auditory hallucinations (seeing spots for example) reduce all vision-based attribute and skill checks by -1d. Auditory hallucinations – ringing in the ears or other such difficulty – reduce hearing-based attribute and skill checks by -1D.

*Vomiting: Character must make a Very Difficult stamina check to prevent vomiting. The attack lasts for 1D minuets, and reduce all skills and attributes by -1D for 3D hours.

*Attention deficit: Character must make a Moderate Perception roll to access short-term memory: recent orders, weather updates, and so forth.

*Loss of judgment: Character has difficulty making snap decisions or interpreting orders, all Perception, Knowledge and related skill difficulties increase by one level.

*Allergic reaction: Character has difficulty breathing or suddenly must sneeze for 3D minuets, -1D to stealth for the duration of the allergic reaction.

Second Wound
    *Minor parasitic infection: Pick two items from the “stunned” effects and one item from the “first wound” effects.

*Internal bruising/bleeding: Character suffers a -2D penalty to Strength to resist damage and must receive medical attention before the water’s effects wear off; failure to receive treatment results in the characters death.

*Fear: A Difficult willpower roll must be made every round that an effected character is engaged in combat. Failure to make the required willpower roll indicates the character’s nerve breaks and he or she begins a blind retreat in a randomly determined direction. Multiple-action penalties apply when making the willpower roll.

*Increased aggression: Character must make a Moderate willpower roll to refrain from attacking any target – friend or foe; character may not use stealth during this attack.

*Paranoia: The affected character believes he or she is the subject of a conspiracy. Character must make a Moderate Perception roll to refrain from attacking fellow squad members. All multiple-action penalties apply.

*Extreme dehydration: Character is exceptionally thirsty, experiences dizziness, light headedness fatigue, and may lapse into unconsciousness. Character suffers a -2D penalty to all attribute and skill checks and movement is reduced to 5.

Incapacitated
    *Major parasitic infection: Pick two items from the “first wound” effects and one from the “second wound” effects.

*Extreme paranoia: The effected character believes he or she is the subject of a conspiracy. Character must make a Difficult Perception roll to refrain from attacking fellow squad members. All multiple-action penalties apply.

*Respiratory ailment: Character has extreme difficulty breathing. Movement is reduced to 2. If Bacta treatment is not received before the effects duration has elapsed, the character suffocates.

*Stupor: All attributes and skills reduced to 1D for the entire effect unless the character receives immediate medical attention (Heroic First aid or Very Difficult (A) medicine roll).

*Blackouts: If a character rolls a “1” on the Wild Die during any attribute or skill checks, he or she experiences a blackout for 1D rounds. During the blackout the character falls prone and cannot move, see, or hear.

*Partial paralysis: Character loses the use of a limb (at gamemasters discretion). Paralysis in a leg reduces movement to 5. Paralysis in an arm reduces Dexterity by -2D.

Mortally Wounded
    *Catastrophic parasitic infection: Choose one “stunned” effect, one “first wound” effect, one “second wound” effect, and one “incapacitated” effect.

*Organ failure: Movement reduced to 0, character requires immediate medical attention or will die in 5D hours.

*Psychosis/Dementia: Perception, Knowledge, Technical, and Mechanical attributes and skills are reduced to 1D for effect duration. The character suffers no permanent mental damage, recovering completely after the effects duration has elapsed.

*Paralysis: Character is rendered completely immobile, though he or she remains conscious. If the character does not receive medical attention, the paralysis becomes permanent after the effect duration elapses.

*Blindness: Difficulty for any vision based skill or attribute checks are increased by five difficulty levels. If medical treatment is not received before the contamination effect’s time has elapsed, the blindness is permanent.

*Tremors/convulsions: Character experiences seizures. Seizures inflict the character’s Strength +1D damage. During the seizures and for 1D rounds after, the character’s skills are all reduced by -3D (minimum of 0D). Strength is not effected for the purposes of resisting damage, and in this case armor bonuses apply.

Dead
    *Permanent psychosis/dementia: Characters Perception, Knowledge, Technical, and Mechanical attributes and skills are permanently reduced to 1D and cannot be advanced.

*Nerve damage: Character suffers a loss of motor control. Dexterity and related skills are permanently reduced to 1D and cannot be advanced.

*Coma: Character lapses into a coma for the effect duration. All attributes and skills are reduced to 0D, and movement is reduced to 0. Character must receive a Moderate first aid roll once per day or will laps into systemic shutdown (see below). If the character is stabilized, he or she awakens after the effect duration has elapsed.

*Tissue liquefaction: The character’s skin tissues break down rapidly, causing extreme pain, bleeding and – if medical treatment (a Very Difficult (A) medicine roll) is not received before the effect duration elapses – death. Character’s attributes, skills and movement are all reduced to 0D.

*Systemic shutdown: Character has suffered irreversible physical damage and cannot survive without permanent medical attention (life-support apparatus and so on). All attributes and skills reduced to 0D. In the field, the character can be stabilized by a Heroic first aid or Very Difficult (A) medicine roll; if the character does not receive the required medical attention, death occurs after the effect duration elapses.

*Death: Character dies immediately, unless he or she is placed into a life-support system or bacta immersion. If removed from bacta or life-support, death is instantaneous.
ifurin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and more:
Optional Rule: Custom Martial Arts

The Star Wars Roleplaying Game has long had a martial arts skill, though it has remained loosely defined. Since SpecForce troops are trained in unarmored combat, a more detailed system of martial arts is called for.

For every 1D that a character increases her martial arts skill, she may pick one of the hand-to-hand techniques described below. The character may only pick one hand-to-hand technique for every die of skill improvement; increasing a skill by one or two “pips” is not sufficient advancement to select a hand-to-hand technique. Characters whose martial arts skill is increased during character creation are eligible to select from the hand-to-hand techniques.

Example: a Twi’lek Spec, Nareel Dre’lara, has a Brawling: martial arts die code of 3D+2. During character creation, she increases her brawling: martial arts skill to 5D+2. She may select two hand-to-hand techniques. After successfully surviving her first mission, she spends Character Points, increasing her martial arts die code to 6D. this is not sufficient to select a new hand-to-hand technique, as she has not increased the skill by 1D. She may not select a new hand-to-hand technique until her martial arts die code is increased to 6D+2.

Characters must also declare which hand-to-hand technique they are using prior to making the required skill roll (unless otherwise noted).

Hand-to-Hand Techniques
Technique Description Difficulty Effect

Blindfighting
--The character is trained to use senses other than sight to locate a target.
--Very Difficult
--If the character makes the required skill roll and is within striking distance of the target, she may ignore the effects of blindness. She cannot see, but can hear or smell a target well enough to strike. This may be used as a reaction skill.

Disarm
--The character is trained to force an opponent to drop a weapon or object.
--Moderate
--If the character’s attack is successful (and is not parried or dodged) and if the skill roll meets the required difficulty number, the target character is disarmed.

Elbow Smash
--The character is trained to deliver a powerful blow with her elbow.
--Very Easy
--The character can add +1D to her damage roll if the skill roll is successful.

Flip
--The character can throw a target who has grappled her from behind.
--Moderate
--A successful skill check indicates that the target is hurled to the ground (provided that the attack is not parried or dodged). The target suffers 3D damage. This technique may be used as a reaction skill.

Flying Kick
--The character is trained to leap to deliver a crushing kick.
--Difficult
--The character can add +2D to her damage roll if her skill roll exceeds the difficulty number. Failure to beat the difficulty number indicates the character is off-balance and her opponent may make an additional attack this round with no multiple action penalty.

Foot Sweep
--The character can trip an opponent.
--Moderate
--A successful attempt indicates the target is tripped, falling to the ground. The character must remain prone for the remainder of the round.

Headbutt
--The character can use her head to strike a target, even if she is held, pinned or bound.
--Easy
--If the character’s skill roll meets the difficulty number, she may use her head to strike the target (inflicting STR+1D damage); can be used id the character is bound or held; can be used as a reaction skill.

Hold/Grapple
--The character is trained to grapple and hold a target immobile.
--Moderate plus an opposed Strength roll
--The character attempting to grapple with a target must make a Moderate martial arts roll to hold her opponent. For every round the target is held, the character must make an opposed Strength roll. If the target beats her Strength roll he breaks free of the hold.

Instant Knockdown
--The character knows how to maximize impact, knocking the target to the floor.
--Moderate
--If the character’s attack is successful (and is not parried or dodged) and if the skill roll meets the required difficulty number, the target is knocked to the ground. The fallen character must either wait one round to stand up or suffer multiple action penalties.

Instant Stand
--The character is trained to negate the effects of a fall and return to a standing combat ready position.
--Moderate
--If a character is tripped or knocked down, she may use this technique to return to a standing position. Successful use of this technique indicates that the character can stand without suffering a multiple-action penalty.

Instant Stun
--The character is trained to strike at critical pressure points that effect breathing or the nervous system, stunning the target.
--Moderate
--If a character’s attack is successful (and is not parried or dodged) and if the skill roll meets the required difficulty number, the target is stunned for one round.

Instant Wound
--The character knows how to strike to maximum effect, inflicting severe damage on the target.
--Difficult
--If the character’s attack is successful (and is not parried or dodged) and if the skill roll meets the required difficulty number, the target character suffers a wound. (Effects of the wound are cumulative.)

Multiple Strikes
--The character can deliver multiple blows.
--Moderate
--The character can make a second attack with no multiple action penalties; the second attack inflicts 3D damage.

Nerve Pinch
--The character knows the location of nerve clusters, striking in such a way as to render a target’s limb numb.
--Very Difficult
--If successful, the character’s attack renders an opponents limb (arm or leg, specified prior to making the attempt) unusable for 3D rounds. Any items held to the effected hand are dropped. If the character beats the difficulty number by 15 or more, the target character is rendered unconscious.

Power Block
--The character is trained to parry attacks in a manor which inflicts damage.
--Moderate
--A successful parry inflicts STR+1D on the target. This technique can be used as a reaction skill.

Reversal
--The character is treated to turn the tables on an opponent who is attempting to grapple.
--Opposed Strength or brawling: martial arts roll (which ever is higher)
--The character can employ this technique only when she is held. If she breaks the opponent’s grip, she may in turn hold the target immobile or employ another technique. This technique may be used as a reaction skill.

Silent Strike
--Provided the character can successfully sneak up on a target, she can instantly kill him or render him unconscious.
--Difficult
--The character must be within arm’s reach of the target. The character must declare if this is a killing or stunning attack prior to making the attempt. A successful skill roll indicates the target is neutralized.

Spinning Kick
--The character is trained to perform a powerful kick.
--Moderate
--The character can add +1D to her damage roll if her skill roll exceeds the difficulty number. Failure to beat the difficulty number indicates the character is off-balance and her opponent mat make an additional attack this round with no multiple action penalty.

Shoulder Throw
--The character can throw a target.
--Moderate
--A successful skill check indicates that the target is hurled to the ground (provided the attack is not parried or dodged), suffering 3D damage.

Weapon-block
--The character is trained to parry melee attacks, even when she does not possess a melee weapon.
--Opposed martial arts versus melee combat roll
--If the character makes the required difficulty roll, she successfully blocks a melee attack.

wow.... that is not like what i wanted but it'll work.
ifurin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

more:

Optional Rules: Deadliness in Star Wars

SpecForce adventurers feature a significant amount of combat. Star Wars combat is, in theory, fairly deadly given the nature of technology that is present (blasters, smart explosives, sensors, and so forth). There is only five wound levels and an average character is essentially useless after being wounded one or two times. A blaster pistol inflicts more damage than an average character’s Strength, and armor typically adds only a die to reduce that.

In practice, character points can drastically offset this apparent danger. Characters can spend up to five points, one at a time, to increase their resistance rolls. For a character with an average 2D Strength, that’s the equivalent of 7D Strength to reduce damage. In addition, the effects of the Wild Die can, in some cases, add a great deal of resistance to damage. 7D (or more) Strength against 4D blaster damage isn’t much of a contest.

Combat should be dangerous – if combat is easy on the player characters, they will just blast their way out of every situation without much effort and fearlessly walk where they should fear to tread. This is unheroic. There are, however, ways to keep combat deadly:

*Keep character points modest. Character points should not be dispensed lavishly. If a player has too many points available they can improve their skills and throw their character point pools at a skill. Character points shouldn’t be heavily restricted; the characters should be able to improve skills and have some in reserve for emergency situations. Three to five points might be given out for an average adventure, even for adventures where the players spent a lot of points. Five to eight points might be given out for a tough adventure. A really hard, deadly adventure with good roleplaying and sharp thinking calls for eight to ten points.

*Combined actions. Soldiers group together in units in order to have more fire power than they can bring to bear alone. The combined action rules allow characters to pour fire into a target and inflict a great deal of damage. The full combined actions rules are on pages 82-83 of the Star Wars Role Playing Game, Second Edition, Revised and Expanded. Most combined action difficulties for combat are Very Easy to Moderate.
ifurin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, i don't know if this would be considered a rule or not but i typed it up any way.

Finding a Customer
Finding a customer is as difficult as the gamemaster requires. If you want it to be easy for the traders to find someone who needs some thing transported, it is. If you want to get them to go to a planet, let them find someone who has something he wants taken there. If, on the other hand, you want the player characters to have to roll for their drop-point deliveries you can have them make streetwise or Perception rolls, their success levels determining how good and potentially profitable the run is:

Roll to Find
Customer...........Run Found
Failure..................No Run
Very Easy.............Long Run, Not Much Cargo, Marginally Profitable
Easy.....................Long Run, Large Cargo, Barely Profitable
Moderate..............Moderate Run, Large Cargo, Fairly Profitable
Difficult................Moderate Run, Full Cargo, Good Profit
Very Difficult........Short Run, Full Cargo, High Profit

Remember that you should use this table only between your designed adventures. That is, if you haven't got anything planned for them, or if you want to go through a lot of runs in a short period of time, you can have the player characters roll to determine what kind of runs they get. Your adventure needs always supersede this - or any other - table.

Standard Fees for Drop-point Delivery
The standard fee for drop-point delivery is between five to 10 credits per ton, per day. This is based on a x2 hyperdrive engine (the standard for tramp freighters), plus one day to load cargo and get out-system, and one day to get in-system at the destination planet and off-load the cargo. That is, if a shipper needed 50 tons of cargo hauled to a planet which was 10 hours away and he was paying the 10 credit/ton rate, he'd offer the job for 1,500 credits: 10 credits x 50 tons equals 500 credits per day; 500 credits times three days (one day to load cargo and go to hyperspace, one day in transit, one day to offload the cargo) equals 1,500 credits. If the trip took longer than expected, the shipper wouldn't pay for the extra time: that's the freighter captain's problem. In addition to the standard fee, shippers might offer bonuses for a quick delivery. (Be assured that penalties for slow delivery are almost always charged.) If the shipper has a smaller load but requires a quick turn-around, he’s likely to pay more per ton, or simply hire the entire vessel for the trip (usually at 300-600 credits per day). Typically, shippers pay half the fee up front. They give the freighter captain a voucher for the other half. The voucher also lists any bonuses/ penalties for early/late delivery, and so forth. The freighter captain is responsible for the condition of the goods: if they’re damaged, the receiver may refuse to accept them, or pay less for them.

Insurance
The shippers might (and most larger shippers do) demand that the hauler take out insurance on the cargo: this usually runs between 1% and 10% of the cargo’s value, depending upon the traders’ reputation, the riskiness of the trip, the fragility of the cargo, and so forth. If the trader can’t get a reputable insurance agent to cover it, he can turn to a loan shark, or he can post his ship as collateral against the cargo. Both of these last two are quite risky, as you might imagine.

Repeat Business
The player characters can make contact with a shipper who needs a lot of repeat business. The only way they can assure themselves of gaining such a job is by being cheap and reliable. Though they will tend not to make as much money on individual runs, over the long term their income will be higher. Generally, if the player characters get a long-term contract with, for example, a trading house, they’ll have to accept a fee perhaps as much as five or 10 percent below standard. But they will get steady work, and there’s a pretty good chance they’ll also get bonuses for on-time delivery as well as breaks on ship-repair and upgrade fees.
ifurin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i still have about 13 or so more to post but that will have to wait until i have more time. (also assuming they are wanted)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: