The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Ships from the Ewok Movies
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Ships from the Ewok Movies Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Red 331
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to side with Masque on this one (including the prequels, incidentally) - pretty much the only thing about the Ewok movies that I liked were the ships. However, maybe if I'd originally watched them when I was younger I would have enjoyed them more.

Here's a couple interior shots of Noa's ship (anyone know how to decrease the size of these to thumbs?). Notice the FX-7 medical droid behind Noa - maybe someone at ILM pulled an inside joke. Or maybe it explains Noa's ability to survive alone for so many years:

And some additional exterior shots:

For those of you having nightmares as a result of recalling these films, I sincerely apologize.
jmanski
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doomhead wrote:
Only half joking!!! I do love the Ewok movies (Something about the shows that you grow up with) and I don't like a lot of the New Star Wars movies, shows, books... etc etc... But I've made this known before. My comment to all those who don't like the Ewok movies: Why don't you like them? I know that they are cheesy, they have a lower production value then the original trilogy and the acting is a little campy and second rate. But is that a reason to hate them????? I used to watch these movies almost ever weekend growing up. I think we wore out our vhs copies of them. I guess I just have a special place in my heart for them. Also, everyone is entitled to their opinions and should express them as such. I really can't stand the new trilogy, they just don't have the same feel as originals. I didn't want to stand in a line that stretched half-way around the block to stand in line to see the Phantom Menace... Sorry!!!

Oh, opinion is welcome, as long as it's the same as mine Wink

The prequels were backstory made into story. Does it suffer somewhat? Yes. Is it the best of GL? No.

But it is Star Wars- and I can't feel anything but love for Star Wars.
Red 331
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to stick to your guns, Jmanski. I wish I felt that way about the prequels. It's hard for me to imagine Han and Chewie entering a scene from the prequels without them bursting out in laughter. However, I guess they both were hugged by Ewoks, weren't they. It always comes back to the Ewoks, doesn't it? Very Happy
Dromdarr_Alark
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what about the stats? I think these ships are beautiful, regardless of the movies they belong to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: