The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Ships from the Ewok Movies
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Ships from the Ewok Movies Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Red 331
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Ships from the Ewok Movies Reply with quote

Has anyone everseen any D6 stats or other specs on the starships in the two Ewok movies (Caravan of Courage, Battle for Endor)?

It seems strange that the two ships (the Towani starcruiser and Noa Briqualon's scout ship) apparently haven't been developed in the Expanded Universe.

Towani Starcruiser from Battle for Endor:

Towani Starcruiser from Caravan of Courage:

Noa's ship from Battle for Endor:

Last edited by Red 331 on Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Akari
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have chosen to ignore these movies... Damn, now I'm reminded again! *forgetforgetforget* Wink
PsiberDragon
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really, REALLY don't think that ANYONE sees these movies as anywhere NEAR actually being in the EU.... they're more along the lines of something like the Infinities style stuff... you know... what MIGHT have been... but, since George seems to have been smoking crack, there's no telling WHAT he was thinking... Wink
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that last ship looks quite a bit like a Redthorn Scoutship...

Red 331
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was not very impressed by the Ewok movies either, but I thought the ship designs (particularly for Noa's ship) were pretty interesting.

I agree, Gry, it does look quite a bit like the Redthorn-class scout. The Redthorn has a slightly different fuselage and only one laser cannon on the front (Noa's ship has at least 3 cannons).

I noticed that Allen Nunis drew a picture for WEG, included in several of the supplements (including on Page 9 of the Planets Collection -- the same supplement that also has the Redthorn stats on Page 118), that shows the back of Noa's ship -- it looks like he used the photo of the ship flying to draw it.
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are nice ship designs. You don't see that sort of thing in these days of CG. Models made for much more interesting ships.
Red 331
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just surprised that, given how almost every conceivable ship in the EU has at some point been assigned D6 or D20 stats (or even just general specifications), that these two ILM-created, model or full-scale prop ships never were.

Then again, I'm sometimes surprised by the noises of crinkled aluminum foil.
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, no, I agree. It's a little unusual.
awfulalex
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: uhm Reply with quote

I don't think it is unusual, I too am sometimes surprised by the noises of crinkled aluminum foil. Very Happy
Red 331
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like Noa's ship is the same style as the ship Queen's Victory, listed on Wookieepedia - but the picture attributed to the ship may be mistakenly linked, since the Queen's Victory was supposed to be a large, bulk freighter:

Last edited by Red 331 on Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Doomhead
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all I loved these movies growing up... Secondly I have no Idea what the ship types are or what their stats might be!!! For all the Ewok movie haters, you probably didn't like the Christmas special either! Both the Ewok movies are better than a lot of the crap that George has pumped out in the last couple decades. (I.E. the Phantom Menace...!!!!)

http://www.box.net/shared/cn6f7sdkog
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
jmanski
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Both the Ewok movies are better than a lot of the crap that George has pumped out in the last couple decades. (I.E. the Phantom Menace...!!!!)

Please tell me you are joking.
Doomhead
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only half joking!!! I do love the Ewok movies (Something about the shows that you grow up with) and I don't like a lot of the New Star Wars movies, shows, books... etc etc... But I've made this known before. My comment to all those who don't like the Ewok movies: Why don't you like them? I know that they are cheesy, they have a lower production value then the original trilogy and the acting is a little campy and second rate. But is that a reason to hate them????? I used to watch these movies almost ever weekend growing up. I think we wore out our vhs copies of them. I guess I just have a special place in my heart for them. Also, everyone is entitled to their opinions and should express them as such. I really can't stand the new trilogy, they just don't have the same feel as originals. I didn't want to stand in a line that stretched half-way around the block to stand in line to see the Phantom Menace... Sorry!!!

*Edited for spelling

http://www.box.net/shared/cn6f7sdkog

Last edited by Doomhead on Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
YodaWI
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed the Ewok movies when I was younger as well. I have also noticed that many of the shows, cartoons, and movies I remember being 'great' movies aren't nearly as good as I remember them when I see them 10 years later.
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doomhead wrote:
I know that they are cheesy, they have a lower production value then the original trilogy and the acting is a little campy and second rate. But is that a reason to hate them?????

Yes.
Quote:
I really can't stand the new trilogy, they just don't have the same feel as originals.

On this, we agree, albeit with more rancor directed at both the prequels and the Ewok movies on my part. (Pun sort of intended, once I recalled where I was posting.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: