The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Staging characters experience
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> Staging characters experience
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Savaad
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Staging characters experience Reply with quote

First off, my username has changed from nurvel to Savaad, for those that might be familiar with me.

I was wondering at what point would characters be considered more experienced than beginning characters. For example, most WEG modules are for beginning characters. IMC the characters are right around the 100 CP earned mark.

The reason I am wondering about this is scale the modules I run accordingly. I figured I would just give the adversaries 1-2 CPs to scale them up some.

What so you GMs think?
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, welcome to your new alias, Nurvel.

I don't know, I never used that kind of modular thought. When creating adversaries and challenges for my players what I usually do is look at their character sheets and scale things accordingly. So if I have a melee fight planned I will look at the stats of the character(s) likely to be involved in it and so I create the opponents' skills depending on how challenging I want the encounter to be. If I want the adversaries to be cannon-fodder, I'll make their melee skills 2D-3D lower than my player's. If I want a more even match I'll make the skills about the same, and if I want my players to sweat their shirt, force them to think creatively and risk killing them, I'll make the adversaries 2D-3D better than them.
Savaad
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that, what I would like to do is just modify my modules without having to change things. Eventually these modules won't be alot of challenge to the players. I can use your notes as a guideline though, I guess I will have to modify things some.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: