The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Kind of newb question
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Kind of newb question Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OracleYori
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Kind of newb question Reply with quote

I'm new to the d6 material (just having picked up a first ed WEG SW book) and was wondering exactly what the Attributes was under the alien articles.

I get the minimum for a race, as well as the maximum attribute, but I don't understand how many extra attribute dice you add to the minimum to get a 'heroic' version of that race for a PC.
Soniv
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's always six dice, for every species. Don't worry about asking, it's an important question.
OracleYori
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. It's great to see courtesy in a forum.

Why do they then specify the (X)D for an species? Is this the difference from having a special ability, for balance then?

One more question, what was the largest revision between first and second edition? I want to know so that I can get the most out of my newly aquired book.
Kayle Skolaris
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some species have more or less than 12D as the basic standard for their species. Anomids, for instance, have only 8D, while Hutts have 14D. In each case, a PC would add 6D to the base to find out how many attribute dice the character has to place. In the Anomid's case it's 14D, in the Hutt's case it's 20D. Thus, some species are simply more capable than others...
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most species have 12D to distribute among the 6 attributes. A few have a little more, a few a little less. Heroic characters get an extra 6D to add to that, so usually you end up with 18D to distribute among the attributes, respecting the species min/max.
Soniv
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The species dice is what you add the 6D to. If a species had 11D, you would add 6D to that and make 17D, if they had 13D, it would be 19D for a PC, etc. It's primarily a balance issue, yes. Basically, you spread the six dice around for a heroic character as you see fit; some species, like humans, fit the minimum perfectly; others, which I can't figure out at the moment, have extra dice after the minimum is spent, allowing you more dice to spread around. A starting character cannot go over its maximum attribute. So if a human PC were to be completely well-rounded, for example, they would have 3D across the board. You could also have 4D in some areas, 2D in others, and 3D somewhere else. Even pips are acceptable.

As for the largest change, I don't know for sure, but a large one by far is the removal of speed codes. There should be a conversion table somewhere.
OracleYori
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the very quick very useful responses.

I think that the only thing I am not clear on is the character points, as they aren't mentioned at all in the first edition.
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You get 5 to start the game with. Then you can burn them in game to help with die rolls, or you can save them up and use them to advance your character. They're like experience points in that way, but better.
OracleYori
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the information. If you spend a CP, how much is added to a die roll? 1D per cp?

(I read someplace that mentioned that it costs 20cp to be 'force sensitive.' Does this mean that no character starts out by being a force user?)
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, one CP spent during gameplay grants you an extra 1D, which also acts as a Wild Die (if your roll 6, keep on rolling).

The extra cost for becoming force sensitive only applies when you want to become force-sensitive AFTER character creation, when the character has already been through adventures. During character creation Force-sensitivity is free. Though in either case, it should always be applied with the GM permisiion only.
hisham
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OracleYori wrote:
Thank you for the information. If you spend a CP, how much is added to a die roll? 1D per cp?
1 D6 per CP expended, yes. But there is a limit per roll, which I can't seem to recall due to not playing for years. 2, was it guys?

OracleYori wrote:
(I read someplace that mentioned that it costs 20cp to be 'force sensitive.' Does this mean that no character starts out by being a force user?)
There are some templates that starts out Force Sensitive, like Minor Jedi and Alien Student of the Force, and some that doesn't.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the CP limit was something like 3 for attacks and 5 for defensive rolls.
Soniv
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A character can start out Force-sensitive without penalty; it takes 20cp for a character previously insensitive to "gain" Force-sensitivity.
PsiberDragon
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The limit on spending CP for actions is 2.

and you can't spend a FP in the same round as a CP.
OracleYori
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me exactly what 'stunned' is? I can't find it anywhere in my book...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: