The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Bowcasters, thermal detonators and frag grenades
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Bowcasters, thermal detonators and frag grenades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yank
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Bowcasters, thermal detonators and frag grenades Reply with quote

I am currently playing a game with my friends and learning at the same time. None of us know how to play really but are starting to learn quite well could one of you explain to me how to use and rules for the bowcaster, thermal detonators, and frag grenades?

PS: I would also like to know how brawling combat work.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ranges: Short Range = Easy Difficulty, Medium Range = Moderate Difficulty, Long Range = Difficult Difficulty

Bowcaster - Uses the Bowcaster skill and does 4D damage, nothing fancy here (most people complain it's underpowered). Holds 6 quarrles, when it's emptied it must be manually reloaded with a Moderate Strength roll. It can only fire once per round, if you want to fire more than once per round you must make an Easy Strength roll (free action - no multiple action penalties) to aim properly. Ranges are 3-10m Short Range, 30m Medium Range and 50m Long Range.

Thermal Detonator - Careful with these babies. You use your Grenades skill to throw it (or your Demolitions skill if you're setting it as an ambush). The throwing ranges are 3-4m Short Range, 7m Medium Range and 12m Long Range. Rolling a "1" on the wild die in this or the Demolition roll means it goes off prematurely (you're screwed). Where it lands it detonates. People up to 2 meters from it receive 10D damage, up to 8 meters from it receive 8D damage, up to 12 meters from it receive 5D damage and up to 20 meters from it receive 2D damage.
Camero
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for further detail and nice examples of gernade and thermal detenator use see pages 91-92 of the Rule Book (Revised and Expanded)

As for brawling combat - It is run like Melee combat - once the 2 characters are close enough to hit each other one person tries to hit (rolls brawling) and the other tries not to get hit (rolls brawling parry). If the person doing the hitting rolls higher than the person trying to parry then they successfully hit them. Damage is the Str of the person doing the hitting. -- deciding who gets to try to hit first and who has to try to parry first (if it is a fight both know is being started) then I usually have both characters roll their perception as an initiative roll and the winner gets to go first
Yank
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks boys.. i totally forgot about the wild die... the player use when there trying to hit the target right?
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every roll in the game includes the Wild Die. Attack rolls, Strength rolls, inititive rolls, Knowledge tests rolls, everyone of them.
Yank
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh thats good for me to know.. do the DM use it?
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the GM uses it as well. Though if you're hiding your rolls you can do as you please with it....
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For completeness sake:

Fragmentation Grenade: They operate the same way as the Thermal Detonator, but if you roll a "1" on the Wild Die they don't necessarily detonate. The throwing ranges are 3-7/20/40m, and the blast radius are 0-2m 5D / 4m 4D / 6m 3D / 10m 2D.
Yank
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay i havent learned to use the ranges yet.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just check the first line of my first post in this thread. All ranged weapons have a range listed like "0-5/20/50". That means that for that weapon Short Range is up to 5 meters, Medium Range is up to 20 meters and Long Range is up to 50 meters. Each Range relates to a Difficulty, as I wrote earlier, so that's the difficulty to hit a target at that distance.
Yank
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right thanks for the help.. now i would like to know how you make peo9ple upgrade attributes , skills and how often.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: