The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

game board
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> game board Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be honest, I've NEVER been in a SW D6 game where we used minis.

HOWEVER, my old group back home (WAAAYYYY back in the day) was known for using actual SW figures in addition to CORPS! figures, GI Joe figures, and anything else we could lay our hands on. We'd dismantle the GI Joes and CORPS! figures and custom-build our own. We even found a Cobra TerrorDrone (or was it TerrorDome)? Anyway, it had one of those red BATs with the folding wings that came out the retracting roof. We even went so far as have our SpecOps group named the Cobras, and just utilized the Cobra logo that was already on a bunch of the stuff anyway. We worked with that stuff a good long time, and it actually helped spark ideas for other adventures.
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never used minis before, but I've been buying some of the WOTC ones for the hell of it, and figured I'd try them out. I wouldn't use them all the time, by any means, as I'm way too free-form for that, but I like them in the right circumstances.
Firehawk0220
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't always do this, but I use a hex map that is 48x33 inches I believe. It has one inch hex's.

I use Micromachine Star Wars ships for space combat, and I have been using the red and blue hologram figures that come with the newer Star Wars figures to represent players and ground units.

I will sometimes use tokens if I run out of miniatures.

I don't always draw out everything or stick to the form of what's on the map, but I find it useful to draw out the situation and it helps my players visualize the situation. It has worked out very well for several years.
darkclown789
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Cards Reply with quote

Me and our gaming groups use the Decipher CCG cards, cut out on a 1" by 1" scale, and used on a 1" by 1" square grid. Same thing for space combat.

Darkclown

Wolves do not concern themselves with the opinions of sheep.
Rasputiza
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for the 3D space combat issue, i'd say it's more of a tactical issue (i.e. dogfight) than strategical one.

As in ROTJ, the rebel fleet was imho trapped not because they were surrounded on every escape vector, but because the mass shadows of imperial vessels prohibited easy hyperspace escape vectors, and the imperial fleet could easyly manouver to block any rebel manouver attempting to exit that situation...

...my two eurocents to justify the film "inaccuracies"

Besides: do not xcpect that everything in the movies fits the rules: try to extrapolate a bit and have fun... Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: