The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Some strange questions..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> Some strange questions..
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:54 am    Post subject: Some strange questions.. Reply with quote

Lets say i was wanting to run a UFC style game session. How would i handle things, like submission locks? What about points for rounds (assuming the characters did not win/loose outright?

Secondly, as per the swimming rules, when someone fails a check they start to drown and get 2d rounds to try and get helped out or free themselves. But what if they are unconsious (eg got stunned)> Or weighed down with lots of stuff (eg wearing coyonite armor, carrying lots of weapons)? How long would you give them before succuming?
Linked. Would their swimming skill replace dodge when trying to avoid attacks, much like Zero g does when in space?
Soniv
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure about the UFC-style related questions, I have little to no idea what that entails.

However, if a person is unconscious and put into water, I would have it depend on which happens first.

If they hit the water first, and then get stunned, I would have them drown immediately, and start taking drowning damage to stay alive.

If, however, they get stunned first and hit the water afterwards, I would have them make a related skill check to see if the stimulus wakes them up. If they fail to wake up, take drowning damage. If they succeed, they can take swimming checks to prevent drowning as per regular rules.

As for being weighted down, I would have them make a lifting skill check, at increased difficulty, to see if they can handle the sheer weight of the material. If they fail, they need to either take off the excess weight or grow some gills. If they succeed, I would probably still increase the swimming difficulty a bit. It's harder to swim with equipment than without.

And yes, I believe Swimming would replace Dodge when attempting to avoid an attack. I've never encountered this problem, though, so I'm only speculating.
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could handle a UFC-style tournament with each round being won by the first to score an incapacitated result. Then have them advanced however you like.

For swimming, I like Soniv's opinion regarding stun and drowning.

Likewise for Swimming replacing Dodge in the water.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the swimming, yes, it does replace the Dodge skill.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: