The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Improving Force Skills
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Improving Force Skills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PC-032
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Improving Force Skills Reply with quote

OK I only have 2nd ed and the cost of improving Force skills is Two by currant Dice Code, Doubled without a Teacher.

But "Tales of the Jedi" (p.140) lists the the cost as One by currant Dice Code Doubled without a Teacher.

is this a change that was included in the revised edition or is it a Campain Specific (foe TotJ) rules modifacation?
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess would be campaign specific, since there are a hell of a lot more Jedi running around in the TOTJ era.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

masque is right. It's possible this just reflects the contrast between the TotJ era, where Force users are quite prolific, and teaching materials are readily available, and the original trilogy era, where they've been hunted down close to extinction, and the Emperor went through his rabid hunt for all things Jedi so he could destroy them and supposedly be rid of them once and for all.
PsiberDragon
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually... I think PC-032 has the Blue Book 2d Edition, not the R&E.

I looked up the cost for force skills (Control, Sense, Alter) improvement and it has the 1CP cost, 2 CP w/out a teacher bit. (p 140, bottom right hand corner). Likewise, it's 1 day training time per CP spent, 2 if you have no teacher.
PC-032
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and takes a week, Burn extra CP to reduce time at 1/day minium time 1 day.

and yes I and my GM only have a 2nd ed First Printing (October 1992) copies of the main rule book.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: