The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Changes from SW 2nd ed to SW 2nd Revised ed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Changes from SW 2nd ed to SW 2nd Revised ed
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PC-032
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject: Changes from SW 2nd ed to SW 2nd Revised ed Reply with quote

Jyst going through some book I've got from after the Revised 2nd Ed was released, but don't have Revised 2nd Ed rules my self, Whats with the extra Wound boxes and where their any other changes?
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The extra wound box was put in to increase survivability. Other changes i know of..

Instead of dice caps for scaling, they had it where each scale up from you added in dice. So when shooting at a tie fighter from character scale, you add 6 dice in to hit, but he adds in 6d to soak. Or when it is the other way, you add 6d to dodge, but if hit he adds 6d to damage...

character to speeder, was 2d.
character to walker 4d
character to fighter 6d
character to capital was 12d,
character to death star was 24d..

Going from one scale to the other was just adding/subtracting. Like there is 2d diff from walker to fighter...
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Changes from SW 2nd ed to SW 2nd Revised ed Reply with quote

PC-032 wrote:
Jyst going through some book I've got from after the Revised 2nd Ed was released, but don't have Revised 2nd Ed rules my self, Whats with the extra Wound boxes and where their any other changes?

Yeah, there were a number of changes, though nothing major. They used to freely distribute the changes. I've got a PDF document that describes them. Unfortunately, I don't have them with me right now. When I get back home on Teusday or Wednesday I'll post them here.
Jamfke
Admiral
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Changes from SW 2nd ed to SW 2nd Revised ed Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
PC-032 wrote:

Yeah, there were a number of changes, though nothing major. They used to freely distribute the changes. I've got a PDF document that describes them. Unfortunately, I don't have them with me right now. When I get back home on Teusday or Wednesday I'll post them here.

Actually, Loc Taal has them linked on the main page HERE, but having them in PDF format is good to have when you don't have a connection to the net. Wink
PC-032
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Guys I'll be passing all this along to my GM.
MA-3PO
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sort of on this topic, I was wondering if someone could refresh my memory on the two scaling systems. I know how both the die caps and bonus die scaling systems work but I was more curious about end results.

For example, if I want capital ships to seem tougher in my campaign would it be better to use die caps, bonus die or are the end results about the same? I don't really like rolling extra die so I tend to stick with die cap, but in the campaign I'll be running I want capital ships to be more intimidating, tougher to damage obstacles. Would I be better off switching to bonus die?
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen the caps in use, but it not 'get the imagry of massiveness / impressiveness' that a cap ship should have, but when i use the bonus dice, they did.

Now when i have cap ships shooting at the pcs in their starfighter scale ship, i give them the chance of having me roll 6d less for the cap ship gunnery, OR then rolling the dodge (recording it) then rolling a second dodge (no MAPS in effect) with the +6d bonus for the cap weapons coming their way. Well, for when a mix of SFS/CSS weapons are shooting. If it's just a cap ship weapon coming at them, i just subtract the 6d...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: