The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Twi'Lek Stats (and other Nerfed Races)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Twi'Lek Stats (and other Nerfed Races)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PC-032
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: Twi'Lek Stats (and other Nerfed Races) Reply with quote

Just going through some old books (1st ed) and noticed that a Twi'Lek has 12D of bace stats and can add 6D for PC's and Major NPC's. now their Bace Dex, Str and Know are all 2D Tech is 1D, Mech is 1D+2 and Perception 3D+1 (a totle of 12D) but 2nd ed Nerfed them to an 11D race with Dex, Str & Tech caps of 3D and a mech cap of 2D+1 but Know is caped at 4D (like Humans) and Per is 4D+2.

given the race is Famed for it's Dancing Girls and the Head Tails are Fluffed as a Balance Aid, shouldnt the Dex have the same cap as humans at 4D.

Prehaps their Stats need adjusting and some "Story Factors" need to be added to account for their "Spechial Ability"

Like:
"Slave Race" Most Twi'Lek at large in the wider Galaxy are or where slaves and as such are treated as such, any Free Twi'Lek will be assumed to be a Ex-Slave or posibaly even a Run-away Slave untill proven otherwise unless they have a Reptuasion that discounts this.
and
"Non Confrontational" Twi'Lek prefer not to engage in derect Confrontasions, insted they tend towards solusions that involve Intelligence and Wit, and not Physical means, those who do involve in Physical Confrontasions will use a combnasion of Stelth, Guile, Cunning and Careful Planing to minimise their exposure to danger and end things quickily in their Favor, with as little as posible permnant damage.
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For PCs I give a base stat of 12D, so that they can have the average 18D at character creation, like the other species. I use the 11D base for NPCs. I think lowering the base was unnecessary, and the racial abilities they do get don't make up for it.
PC-032
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a Human has a potenchial Maximum of 24 dice in stats a Twi'Lek only 20 and a Spechial Ability that is not all that usefull outside some surspific Rollplaying cermnstances, it is my contenchion that they are one of the Species that got Nerfed Badily going over to 2nd ed.
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty much in agreement. I treat them as humans for PCs, statwise, because it seemed an unfair shafting to me.
Chandra Mindarass
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also give Twi'leks low-light vision because they are cave-dwellers.

>-q=p---
PC-032
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Hear is my take on a De-Nerfed Twi'Lek, baced on the stats found in 1st ed with stuff from (Un Revised) 2nd ed. Feal free to comannt on this and add other De-Nerfed races.

Twi'Lek
Atrabute Dice: 12
Atrabute Minimims/Maximims
Dexterty: 2D/4D
Knoledge: 2D/4D
Mechanical: 1D+2/3D+2
Perception: 3D+1/5D+1
Technical: 1D/3D
Strength: 2D/4D

Move: 10/12
Height: up to 2.4m

Spechical Abilitys:
Tentacls: Tew'liks can use their Tentacals to communacate with each other in secret, even in a room full of others through a complex set of Tentacal movments, this is a "Secret" Language all Twi'Leks are fluant in
Story Factors:
"Slave Race" Most Twi'Lek at large in the wider Galaxy are or where slaves and as such are treated as such, any Free Twi'Lek will be assumed to be a Ex-Slave or posibaly even a Run-away Slave untill proven otherwise unless they have a Reptuasion that discounts this.

"Non Confrontational" Twi'Lek prefer not to engage in derect Confrontasions, insted they tend towards solusions that involve Intelligence and Wit, and not Physical means, those who do involve in Physical Confrontasions will use a combnasion of Stelth, Guile, Cunning and Careful Planing to minimise their exposure to danger and end things quickily in their Favor, with as little as posible permnant damage.
Effex Seven
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perception 5d+1? Too high. I cap atts at 5d for PC's anyway.
PC-032
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For stats all I did was take the 1st ed bace stats and added 2D as a stat cap.
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might up the max Strength a pip or two. The EU is full of stories about the Twi'lek warriors with bulging muscles.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: