The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Advanced Adventures
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> Advanced Adventures Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beaumont sebos
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Advanced Adventures Reply with quote

Some of you may kow that I GM a long-running campaign. Thus, the characters have high skill levels (we're talking up to 11D on blaster skills and force skills in the 8D range, on top of various other useful skills in the 5D-9D range)

For complete details on this campaign, please see:
http://www.rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=654

In any event, I'm wondering if you all can help me with some adventure ideas for high-level groups that I may use.

I post adventure synopsis in the adventure section of the site, so you can see where we currently are... so if I use your idea, you're sure to see how it played out.

Thanks

"Saving the multiverse, one Gamorrean Ale at a time."
darthomer09
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Death Star scale time bombs.... *shifty eyes*

In Soviet Russia, RPG plays you!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Camero
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of a group is it? Rebel, Indpendent, Profiteers? And any other group insights that may aid in suggestions?
beaumont sebos
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Camero wrote:
What kind of a group is it? Rebel, Indpendent, Profiteers? And any other group insights that may aid in suggestions?

They are currently working as special ops for the new Republic, but will take other jobs if the pay is there.

Tahlorn
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the characters I am GMing have gotten stronger, I know what you are up against. If it is special ops groups, you could always have the infiltration scheme, into a very secure and well defended area. I am talking orbital ships incase they are spotted and try to run, full sensor sweeps in ground and air, patrols and gaurds that are competent and well trained. Reason for them going there though is to you, so it fits with your theme.

Also one thing that I found to deal with those high skills is make missions where skill is not always the deciding factor. A lot of my games don't involve much rolling, as the player has to actually figure things out on thier own. Make for a fun session also, as it gets the players really involved.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus, you could always start brewing up missions which require the characters to use skills which AREN'T boosted up that high; make 'em start rolling Bureaucracy and stuff like that. Force them to start rounding their characters out. Wink
Vartax
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master skyler, you have read my very thoughts.... you get a dark side point for intruding!!!! Twisted Evil I do that all the time, and sure enough if they want to try and acomplish anything in the future other skills go up not just the combat ones.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Skyler wrote:
Plus, you could always start brewing up missions which require the characters to use skills which AREN'T boosted up that high; make 'em start rolling Bureaucracy and stuff like that. Force them to start rounding their characters out. Wink

That is one of my fave things to do for moudles. Think of what most of the players have NOT bothered bumping up, and play certain parts of it to those weaknesses...
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vartax wrote:
Master skyler, you have read my very thoughts.... you get a dark side point for intruding!!!! Twisted Evil I do that all the time, and sure enough if they want to try and acomplish anything in the future other skills go up not just the combat ones.

*waves hand* There are no dark side points; there is only the Force. Wink

Besides, I picked it off of your surface thoughts; I didn't rip it from your mind like the knowledge of building a Death Star or Sun Crusher... Twisted Evil
renault
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bad idea-squib mafia
good idea- the skor systems sun has experienced a massive solar flare, decreasing its mass severely. In an attempt to preserve their planets faltering orbit a planetary scale tractor beam is being developed by the squibs (the only little b@st@rd* crazy enough to try it). From this point it can branch in a number of ways:
Rebel- the empire has eyes and ears every where, and what would really give tarkin a boner more than a planetary tractor beam? well- one that would blow them up but we saw how well that worked. think admiral daala with the prototype Death star, only playing spheroids instead of duck hunt.
Empire- well hell, aliens with a bigger toy than us? not on your schwartz, mel! I believe this could be the sort of thing to prompt an invasion, dont you?
Fringe- the power source required for such a device would be phenomenal, good luck smuggling that past an imperial blockade

etc. etc. you get the point.
republic is my only name
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite mostly ignored skills:

Running - you never know when you'll need to sprint 20 km!
Bureaucracy - very handy for getting things done officially!
Languages - mistranslations = misunderstandings = dodge rolls!
Swimming - the ultimate in anti-drowning technology!

And my favorite mostly ignored skill:
Beast Riding! Take away their shiny ships and speeders.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or how about a simple Survival roll? Or a Planetary Systems roll?

You never know when knowing a lot about a certain place will keep you alive, or one step ahead of the Imperials, or whatever!
beaumont sebos
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff. Keep it coming.

Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about Cultures? If you don't have a protocol droid handy (and I rarely see those) who's to say what might be the start of a Wookiee mating ritual? For that matter, careless players might find themselves the subject of a death sentence in less lenient cultures for a simple breach of etiquette. Lots of fun and mayhem there!
Krayt
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my campaign, we had both situations (wookie and death penalty).

A wookie fell in love with a PC and chased him, and after a fey days of dodging the wookie, the player shot her with his repeater. This got him the death sentance on the planet, and quite a few laughs. Maybe he should have rolled cultures, I didn't think of it at the time. He managed to escape, only to get shredded by a large fan later in the game Laughing

Although, on the point, I love making PCs do things that they have no extra dice in, or generally cannot do as is, and have to spend a few sessions to dig up enough bounty hunters and mercs to assault the space station.

But thats just me. The cultures idea is really good, as is enraged running wookies (bullet proof wookie).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: