The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

¿Imperial Army or Stormtroopers?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> ¿Imperial Army or Stormtroopers? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on whether that was the GM telling the player that, or some npc saying it to their pc..... if the latter, i would have no prob there. If the former, i would lay some serious smack down for meta knowledge usage.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were the player, in that situation I'd probably ask the GM in an aside for a Knowledge roll to see if my character can know that. If they've just joined the Rebellion, they may or may not have gone through Cracken's training, so it'd be up in the air as to whether or not they could know such technology was in use- especially if their backstory didn't include a history of already having fought against the Imperials for any length of time.

If, however, my character was someone who's been fighting their own private war against the Empire, say on their home planet, and has simply joined the Alliance in the hopes of striking more meaningful blows against the Empire, then I'd argue more strongly for him to have more knowledge of Imperial equipment and procedures. I might still not get to know that, but I'd have a better position to argue from.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point, but to toss a wrench in the works. What if 'that modification' was made recently?? Say by the local Moff or such..
Ejacobs
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the local Moff going to be that involved in ST armor manufacture? I see their armor as coming from a central issuing facility and troops being assigned to a sector, bringing their gear with them. It is possible that they are locally recruited and trained, but then how do you ensure standardization Empire wide to ensure no ST commander becomes too powerful?

E
subedarmajor
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be possible that a local commander would be involved in field modification though, couldn't it.

It wouldn't be too difficult through the sector workshops.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Good point, but to toss a wrench in the works. What if 'that modification' was made recently?? Say by the local Moff or such..

Personally I'd think this would depend on the wealth inherent in the local system. For a Moff to have such a hand in stormtrooper gear, I'd also think he'd have the upgraded gear reserved for his own personal contingent. The ones he'd have to trust the most would be the ones he'd hand pick, and would subsequently be the least expendable. In order to ensure they are who they say they are, his own personal guard would be likely to be the only ones with such modifications to their gear. I agree with Ejacobs in the supposition that the armor and such is all centrally manufactured and issued.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ejacobs wrote:
Is the local Moff going to be that involved in ST armor manufacture? I see their armor as coming from a central issuing facility and troops being assigned to a sector, bringing their gear with them. It is possible that they are locally recruited and trained, but then how do you ensure standardization Empire wide to ensure no ST commander becomes too powerful?

E

Depending on what is there, or where it is, i can easily see a Moff, or one of te local admiral/general making (or pushing for that mod) to get implemented. Also depending on how many rebel raids there have been, and concequently how many times rebels have done the shoot and steal of armor/impersonating of STs, it could easily be seen as a viable way to increase security...
Ejacobs
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I can see it going down like that. Starting in the area/sector with numerous rebel raids and spreading outwards until adopted by all Imperial ST forces.

E
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hecik, that might be something that pushes the moff or local commander into captancy.../grand moff hood.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is true.

I'm currently rediscovering my enjoyment of the game Rebellion. I decided to try playing as the Empire... and as I've recruited people I've checked their encyclopedia entries... Some of them had skills I'd not run across before in other venues (heck, some of the names themselves were new when I got the game). For instance, a Facility Design Expert doing R&D on new facilities could really get himself promoted by making some breakthroughs in his field.

The same would hold true, I'd imagine, if he were to at least have the ideas that sparked the research for new measures like the one garkhal suggested with the DNA sensors in the stormtroopers' gear.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: