The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Things go BOOM! part 2..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Things go BOOM! part 2..
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject: Things go BOOM! part 2.. Reply with quote

In the description for many of the explosives in SW, they say that the explosives are set off by heat or intense radiation/electricity..

So what would happen if someone carrying lots of say, detonite or Thermite strips was hit by force lightning?
Boomer
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that depends. Does the force lightning just hit them? Or does it arc through some of what they are carrying.

By "lots of" I assume you mean enough that one bit will get hit, even with a small (thought still damaging) jolt.

Thermite, really, doesn't go off by itself. It needs extreme heat from burning magnesium or other similar burning really hot thing. Force lighting doesn't get this hot, as we can see it doesn't burn up Luke or anyone else it hits too badly. Not at all, really... so is their any magnesium in the thermite. Cause a spark of force lightning will burn the magnesium.
Than the thermite goes off, burning so hot it can tear a hole through concrete, destroy the engine blocks of most machines... the poor sap carying it might not have a single piece left of himself.

Now the Thermal Detonators. This is all about how you say they function. In my games, it'd be rather random.
For me, a TD is basically a micro-nuke. All rules for a nuke apply. A jolt of energy to a TD will only set off the TD if it activates the trigger, if the trigger is electronic in nature.
to finance my 'vette!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: