The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Max actions per round
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Max actions per round Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Exoviper
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: Max actions per round Reply with quote

Hello!
I'm having trouble remembering (and finding where in the rule book) how many declared actions are allowed per round. I think it's 5 but then again, it can go higher up if the "free reaction" is taken into account.

I would assume the max is 5 given that a round consists of 5 seconds of game time, but I could be wrong....

Additionally, regarding reactions:

1. Can only one dodge be used per round?

2. Does one dodge reaction replace the difficulty number to-hit the character for the entire round, or would they be required to dodge multiple times say if multiple people were shooting?
Allst Beamem
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To my knowledge you can make as many actions in a round as you have dice ie. if you have a 10d in blaster you could make 9 shots all at 1d. And dodge works the same way, 10d dodge make up to 9 dodge rolls all at 1d, or 1 full dodge and no other action for the round as per the dodge rulles.

A partial dodge, a non-full round action, just replaces the difficulty for the attacker be it for better or worse Twisted Evil . A full dodge, a full round action, adds the dodge roll to the difficulty and counts for all atacks made that round.

Im sure Gry or some one out there might say it better than I but I think that that is it in a nut shell.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the credit, but I think that's about it, you've said it.
Exoviper
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a bunch! This will come in handy. It's usually the little rules that elude my memory from time to time!
Tahlorn
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allst Beamem wrote:
A partial dodge, a non-full round action, just replaces the difficulty for the attacker be it for better or worse Twisted Evil . .

You still have to beat the base difficulty for range / weapon before going against the non-full dodge roll to my belief of the rules. A rock and 1 km rolls a dodge of 0, but you still ahve to be able to shoot that far.

And as for multiple actions (so as to be on topic again) yes, as many as you can as long as your dice hold out. Might seem odd to shoot 10 times in a round, but if you have 11d in blaster, you probably are damn fast on the trigger anyways.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, according to the official rules, the dodge difficulty fully replaces the range difficulty. There's even an in-game example stating this. Two stormies are shooting at the PC at different ranges, the PC dodges rolling a number between the range difficulties of the troopers. Now the shot has become more difficult for the closer trooper but easier for the further trooper. And come to think of it, that also means that that single dodge roll is valid for both shots.

Last edited by Gry Sarth on Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Allst Beamem
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Gry was bout to reply my self. So I'll add the page no. 90 core rules RE.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tahlorn wrote:
Allst Beamem wrote:
A partial dodge, a non-full round action, just replaces the difficulty for the attacker be it for better or worse Twisted Evil . .

You still have to beat the base difficulty for range / weapon before going against the non-full dodge roll to my belief of the rules. A rock and 1 km rolls a dodge of 0, but you still ahve to be able to shoot that far.

Nope. your dodge replaces the required range penalties etc... so you can actually make it EASIER to shoot you, if you get a low dodge.
impfrontier
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's if they dodge. It's better to dodge at short range. Stand there and take the difficulty number if its long range. Wink

Last edited by impfrontier on Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly.
Tahlorn
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I stand corrected about the rules. But I still say that you should need to beat the range before you can hit, like weapon difficulties for melee, for purposes of making it seem plausible in any sense.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, that's another point. I was just clarifying the official rules. I can see the logic behind your though, Talhorn, it's a sensible rule.
impfrontier
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can make it easier to be hit by rolling a bad dodge. The explanation according to the rulebook is that you "zigged when you should have zagged."

If your range difficulty to hit is a 10 but your target decides to dodge then rolls a 3 to dodge, then the new difficulty to hit becomes a 3. The range difficulty does not remain the default target number.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

impfrontier wrote:
That's if they dodge. It's better to dodge at short range. Stand there and take the difficulty number if its long range. Wink

Very true... Something a lot of people don't realise... Much to their detriment! Twisted Evil
Utinni
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought there were 2 types of dodge. A FULL dodge, where you only dodge that round and add the rolled # to the range difficulty, and another dodge that is a reaction and goes for players already performing an action. The second type of dodge replaces the difficulty #.

Please tell me if I am wrong in this!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: