The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Vader, Meet Vader...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> Vader, Meet Vader... Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Vader, Meet Vader... Reply with quote

In sparks, we have one PC (soon to be 2 if i remember last years personal initiaves correctly) who have spent 20k or so to get himself a suit so he can impersonate vader. He has used it successfully several times to infiltrate places to break people out, but i was wondering, what to do, IF i already had it planned out that the real vader was there, when this player (or players) decided to go in as 'vader'.

What would the real vader do? Would he instantly go for a kill?
Would he toy with the impersonator??

And for note, neither the current one nor the other person who has shown interest in that idea, has force powers..
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't know if he would instantly go for a kill. But that character would certainly meet a horrible and painful end.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt Vader would be very pleased to see someone impersonating him.

Wanted Poster
Boomer
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the first things first, how and when does he find out?

I think he'd naturally sense it coming from a mile away and have a trap set up for it. Make his real presence unknown to all but a few and let the impersonator go about his merry way, quitely counteracting any orders made that muck up normal operations.

Until the false vader is in a strateigally weak position to be taken down in a very hard and fast manner, with Vader himself leading the charge. Probably even leaving his Lightsaber sheathed with only Absorb/Dissipate and other powers active to show the strength his life suit has to the false vader at first. Or use whatever power he needs to show necesarry to merely outdo the impersonater, not an immediate take down.

It would be a long battle with many close calls that Vader would be sure to end in the impersonator's capture, along with any accomplice.
The disguise would be stored as a belonging of Vader, like a trophy/evidence to be traced to it's original creator.
The party would be given a quiet military trial, in which few details about the nature of the impersonation could be made public.
to finance my 'vette!
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boomer wrote:
Well the first things first, how and when does he find out?

I think he'd naturally sense it coming from a mile away and have a trap set up for it. Make his real presence unknown to all but a few and let the impersonator go about his merry way, quitely counteracting any orders made that muck up normal operations.

The thing i am looking at for that part, is i am comming up with another module, that vader himself is the BBEG (end guy), and is already in the facility, when the rebels come a calling. If the person with this suit, decudes to use it, i cannot see how vader would know, and they (the pcs) would be getting hints like "are you sure you wish to see the facility again lord vader?"...

Quote:
Until the false vader is in a strateigally weak position to be taken down in a very hard and fast manner, with Vader himself leading the charge. Probably even leaving his Lightsaber sheathed with only Absorb/Dissipate and other powers active to show the strength his life suit has to the false vader at first. Or use whatever power he needs to show necesarry to merely outdo the impersonater, not an immediate take down.

Why would he wait? A simple use of TK to lock the impersonator up, while guards suround him should be enough..

Quote:
It would be a long battle with many close calls that Vader would be sure to end in the impersonator's capture, along with any accomplice.
The disguise would be stored as a belonging of Vader, like a trophy/evidence to be traced to it's original creator.
The party would be given a quiet military trial, in which few details about the nature of the impersonation could be made public.

I fail to see how it could be a long drawn out battle with many close calls... as i said, the impersonator has no force powers, so will be easy prey for the force....
Boomer
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did say Vader is not using full power. I did say he is holding back. His way of carrying out punishment as he basically bullies them.

Also, how would he not see this coming? Does he not have the force? I can understand him being pre-occupied but I needed something to go on before I started saying what Vader would do when he found out.

When, where, how, why he founds out are all situational and will change the tactical decisions he makes against the party.
to finance my 'vette!
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He does have the force, but how would he 'sense the presence of an imposter who is non force sensitive, unless he does that 'farseeing'?? I am not sure if he even has it/..
Boomer
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He may not be causing a disturbance in the force like a force user, but Vader could very well be on alert for threats at certain installations.

Much like the plan he engineered to let Leia escape in the falcon with the homing beacon. He may be even more keen to be on alert with his sense abilities, as well as making routine checks of everything around him.

But however he finds out, force or strategy, I only used what I had to work with.
to finance my 'vette!
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
He does have the force, but how would he 'sense the presence of an imposter who is non force sensitive, unless he does that 'farseeing'?? I am not sure if he even has it/..

First, he'd have to have it; all through EPI III he has visions of Padme' dying in childbirth. If that ain't farseeing, I don't know what is.

Second, if you have any questions about stats for Vader, either PM Gry or go look in the Tools forum. He and Commander Cody are putting together Sourcebooks for the prequels. If I'm not mistaken, they've already put up stats for Anakin. If he had it, Vader has it.
scott2978
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this was one of my games, I would play it out like so:

1. PC successfully infiltrates (if they do indeed succeed..)
2. Vader immediately sences something is amiss... he determines the location and intent of the imposter using a combination of the Force and base security holocams/sensors/interrogations of people who had contact with fake Vader ect ect.
3. After determining the imposter's intent, Vader looks for a way to turn this to his advantage, using the PC as a tool to his own ends.

Perhaps Vader is there on that base to confront a powerful enemy within the Empire? He can lure the fake Vader into the confrontation instead, revealing himself only at the dramatically appropriate moment (when the fake Vader kills the enemy, when the fake Vader finds himself about to be killed by the enemy, thus providing enough distraction for Real Vader to dispatch him, ect ect. )

Perhaps Vader is there to root out a Rebel spy in deep, deep cover.

Perhaps Vader is there to find out if a certain ranking Imperial is about to defect to the Alliance. Real Vader might use Fake Vader to test the Imperial's loyalty by somehow making him aware that Fake Vader has "lost his powers", thus giving the Imperial the opportunity to dispatch Fake Vader for him (if the Imperial indeed is thinking of defecting).

I can imagine any number of incredibly cool ideas to deal with this situation. Maybe this is a good opportunity for a humorous session! What if everywhere the PC went posing as Vader, he kept seeing the Real Vader just down the hall, or around the corner, or some other such near-miss situations as the Group tries to complete their mission!

I wish I had a game now... *sigh*
K_Feldspar
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I think you're all wrong. Don't take that too harshly. If Vader sees someone impersonating him I think he might reach out with the force to determine their power. After that I think it would be a snap decision to either ignore him or force kill him outright.

Vader is arrogant, impulsive, and doesn't have time to waste with peons.

Oh, and he's whiny. Whiny runs strong in his family. He is whiny, his son is whiny, and well I spose the Princess is just a bit crabby.

"That is why you fail."
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but at least she ain't whiny!

Oh, by the way, she's NOT a committee, either! Laughing
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resurrection!

For our new folk, how would you handle this situation (or any type of situation similar, where a PC tries using disguise etc to imitate someone, and or what ever reason comes face to face WITH that person)?
Bobmalooga
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a player whose character was a nephew to Padme through one of her sisters and during the course of the game he took to using the names of famous Jedi generals including Mace Windu, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker (a close friend of the family, or so he was told...). This went on for a while as 'reported Jedi sightings popping up all over the place' started happening. They got into an Imperial banking planet and discovered an old account in Anakin's name, set up from a private account originating from Naboo.

Eventually he was captured by Inquisitor Brandl while using the name Mace Windu...lol
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOH.
Almost as bad as a PC i almost killed, cause he kept on introducing himself anywhere he went as Lord jedi master (insert his name here), and was peeved when a large imperial Jedi hunting team showed up to capture him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: