The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Star gate/starwars cross over
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Star gate/starwars cross over Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which kinda makes me wonder.. Would a sith be strong enough mentally to resist being taken over by a Gou'ald?
vulture811
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a cool crossover fanfic I read called Gods of Light and Darkness I thinik, i was a fun read might help out a bit for some ideas
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Skyler wrote:
I think it depends, really; the Empire has NO problems whatsoever using a non-human race to their advantage. While Thrawn might be an exception to the heights to which a non-human can aspire within the Empire's ranks, it shows that Palpatine at least has the good sense to use talent. I think he might ally himself with them, at least until such a time as he has learned their secrets, all the while setting plans into motion that will greatly aid in his takeover of their society.

However, cooperation of that sort would require the other side being willing to cooperate in return, which the Wraith and Goa'uld might not be willing to do for their own reasons. After all, for the Wraith, humans are just a food source, while for the Goa'uld, they are marginally intelligent host bodies.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Which kinda makes me wonder.. Would a sith be strong enough mentally to resist being taken over by a Gou'ald?

Depends on how you write the rules. Personally, I'd think Force powers would be the only way for a human to resist a Goa'uld.

I mean, considering they are basically parasites, their Strength and Dex racial maxes probably peak at 1D, at most. That gives them a lot of dice to dump into other stats...

garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, but look at the canon of the shows.. Adria, a hybred Ori-human, was taken over by Ba'al's symbiot, and controlled. She power wise, i would easily put about equal with the Emperor's if not greater than his... mentally that is.
Zarn
Force Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's Geonosian brain worms (Barriss Offee got taken), though, and Mnggal-Mnggal, as well as the lamproids (though they're not currently internal parasites). In other art, there's the parasite of Iron Empires (which hew pretty close to goa'uld in general approach).

Personally, I would guess that the Wraith might make better opposition in a SG-Star Wars hybrid, as involving the Ori and so on might make the Kwi become Kwa again, draw the attention of the Silentium, boot the Kathol Lifewell, or all other sorts of things from the (ancient) past in the EU - and the power level and stakes involved tend to be somewhat beyond what most player groups can manage.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, the wraith are more 'down to earthly power levels' opposition.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
True, but look at the canon of the shows.. Adria, a hybred Ori-human, was taken over by Ba'al's symbiot, and controlled. She power wise, i would easily put about equal with the Emperor's if not greater than his... mentally that is.

I stopped watching the shows right around the time they brought the Ori in; I really felt like they jumped the shark trying to keep the show alive at that point. As such, I don't have enough information to give you a judgment on the matter.

However, the way you go will depend on which way you want the crossover to go. As in, will Star Wars become a small part of the Stargate universe, or will Stargate be reduced in size to fit into the Star Wars universe (which pretty much just takes place in one galaxy as opposed to being spread across multiple galaxies like Stargate)? And speaking for myself, I think it'd be rather unfair to give even Force sensitives no recourse to being taken over. If nothing else, there would be a brief window of opportunity for a Force sensitive of sufficient strength to overcome the takeover attempt before the parasite fully takes over. Either that or a constant battle of wills between the two minds, with the host body calling on the Force for assistance against the parasite's greater mental power.

garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big thing we would need to figure out on the gou'ald, is from all we saw, there ARE times in the life of a System lord etc, where the host body CAN reassert itself (Sha're when she was Pregnant, Apophis when he was dying), but those are few and far between. Most of the time the host is so suppressed, most feel there is nothing left of them.
Zarn
Force Spirit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking Force Point to gain control in a scene, or a specific way, and perhaps PER vs PER to gain control for actions that affect Story Factors.

And incidentally, I'm usually asking my players to define a couple of Story Factors for every player character, usually Story Factors that help round out a fresh character.

A Smuggler with the Story Factor: Hates slavers, is very different from a Smuggler with the Story Factor: Hates slaves, after all.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once someone HAS been Gou'alded, as we see in most every episode, removing the symbiot is NO easy matter. IMO it would require at least a heroic or higher (A) Medicine roll, if not 3-4 rolls..
cynanbloodbane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about just Force Choking the snake.....
It may be worth a DP just to get rid of it.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being it's already inside you, i can't see how you would force choke it and survive yourself..
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Being it's already inside you, i can't see how you would force choke it and survive yourself..

Because TK Kill specifies using Telekinesis to inflict damage on an internal organ of the target's body, even though that organ can not be seen directly by the Force user's eyes. The fact that the target is inside one's own body does not render Alter moot since the target's body is a separate organism from the host, and therefore still "outside" the body of the Force user, even while "inside".

CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Once someone HAS been Gou'alded, as we see in most every episode, removing the symbiot is NO easy matter. IMO it would require at least a heroic or higher (A) Medicine roll, if not 3-4 rolls..

And even that may not work, as one of the early episodes showed a goa'uld symbiote being extracted, but with the mind of the Goa'uld surviving by sacrificing most of its body as a decoy. See Charles Kawalsky.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: