The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Star gate/starwars cross over
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Star gate/starwars cross over Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:26 am    Post subject: Star gate/starwars cross over Reply with quote

I am thinking of having some sort of stargate/starwars cross over, and was wondering what stats to give the various gou'ald ships and weapons...?
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful, baby! I love BOTH!

Hey, maybe a good way to work that in would be to use the "Empire Invades Earth" scenario. There's a lot of stats already in there, and all you'd have to add would be the alien tech that's been discovered at the time your campaign takes place.

How cool: an Infinities campaign of an Infinities campaign! Very Happy
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a look at the Gree from the Best of the Star Wars Adventure Journals. The Gree had Stargate-like transportations systems. They had the problem of forgetting how they worked, but you could actually run that sort of campaign from Gree space.
Grimace
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so happens that I've come up with stuff for Stargate in D6. Take 'em if you want 'em or use it for coming up with your own stats.

Staff Weapon
Scale: Character
Damage: 6D
Range: 10 / 50 / 200

Notes: When safety is on, the end of the weapon is closed.
Can also be used as a regular staff, causing STR+2 damage

Zat’nik’tel
3 versions of damage:
1 shot = Stun damage of 4D
2 shots = Kill damage of 5D+2
3 shots = Disintegrate damage of 6D+2
Range: 3 / 25 / 100

Notes: When the safety is on, the weapon resembles a coiled snake
When activated, it springs up like a snake ready to strike, with a telltale whirring noise

Heavy Staff Weapon
Damage: 9D
Burst radius of 2 meters: 4D damage
Range: 50 / 200 / 500

Notes: when the safety is on, the end of the weapon is closed.
This is a tripod mounted weapon and requires a Difficult lifting check to carry by an individual.

And then some of the people:

Jaffa

STR 2D / 4D+2
DEX 2D / 4D
TEC 1D+1 / 3D+2
MEC 2D / 4D
CON 2D+1 / 5D
CHA 2D / 4D
INT 2D / 3D+1
PER 2D / 4D

Move: 10
Average Height: 6 foot
Equipment: Staff weapon, tattoo on forehead of “god” they follow. First Prime has tattoo replaced by gold melted into the skin.

Story Factors:
Intimidation: Jaffa are trained to use their size and prowess to intimidate others. All Jaffa gain +1D to Intimidation.

Devotion: Jaffa are very dedicated to what they pledge themselves to, whether it be one of their “gods” or their training. They rarely waver in their devotion to these things.

Goa’uld carrier: Jaffa carry young, immature Goa’uld in stomach pouches. These creatures actually provide some benefit to the Jaffa, allowing them to heal faster and resist certain things that a normal person couldn’t.

Rapid Healing: Having the Goa’uld in their belly, the Jaffa gain the benefit of quick healing. If using hit points, Jaffa regain hit points at a rate of 1 an hour. If using wound levels, consult the following:
Stun – recover in 1D6 (wild) minutes
Wound – recover in 1D6 (wild) hours
Wounded Twice – recover in 2D6 (wild) hours
Incapacitated – recover in 1D6 (wild) days
Mortally Wounded – recover in 2D6 (wild) days

Additionally, poison or disease only causes half damage to Jaffa, and their enhanced healing helps them recover from any adverse affects.

Dependency: if the Goa’uld is ever removed from the belly pouch of the Jaffa, the Jaffa will die in approximately 3 days, as they effectively lose their immune system. For each day, the Jaffa loses 2D from CON and STR. When CON is reduced to 0D, the Jaffa dies.

Asgard

STR 1D / 2D
DEX 2D / 4D
TEC 2D+2 / 6D
MEC 2D / 4D+1
CON 1D / 2D
CHA 1D / 3D
INT 2D / 5D
PER 2D / 4D

Move: 8
Average Height: 4 feet

Story Factors:
Clone body: Asgard live in cloned bodies of themselves. This allows for them to virtually live forever, so long as their brain patterns can be transferred to a new body. This isn’t difficult to do with Asgard technology.

“Typical” alien look: These guys look like the stereotypical alien of Earth lore; grayish skin, skinny body, large black eyes, and no body hair.

High Technology: Asgard have quite high technology, allowing them to do things other spacefaring races can’t do. They can transport people, communicate with others anywhere in the galaxy, and many other things. No Asgard is ever far from his technology, as without it, they are quite weak and defenseless.

Unas

STR 2D+2 / 7D
DEX 1D / 4D
TEC 1D / 2D+1
MEC 1D / 3D
CON 2D / 5D+1
CHA 1D / 2D
INT 2D / 3D+1
PER 2D / 4D+1

Move: 14
Average Height: 7 feet

Claws: STR+2 damage

Story Factors:
Fearsome: These creatures are SCARY looking, akin to devils or demons of Earth lore. They have the equivalent of Fear 8.

Trackers: Unas can track with their exceptional sense of smell. They gain +1D to Tracking when following using their nose.

Carnivores: Unas eat meat of any kind, including human or other bipedal species. The will become increasingly weak if they are forced to eat something other than meat, losing 1 pip in STR for each day they eat non-meat. This detriment only lasts until they ingest their desired food, regaining STR at a rate of 1D per day.

Reetuu

STR 2D / 4D+1
DEX 2D / 4D+2
TEC 2D / 3D
MEC 1D / 3D
CON 1D+1 / 3D+2
CHA 1D / 3D
INT 1D / 3D+1
PER 2D / 4D

Move: 12
Average Height: 6 foot 6 inches

Equipment:
“Shift” Blaster 5D+2 damage 3 / 10 / 65

Story Factors:
Dimensional shifting: These creatures exist on our plane of existence, though they are “shifted” 90 degrees, making them virtually invisible to us, as well as more resistant to our weapons. They must still walk on the ground and walls and doors still present obstacles for them, but regular weapons only affect them at ¼ efficiency.

Fear: Being unseen adds a sense of fear to people being hunted by these creatures. If a being knows a Reetuu is around, a Fear check against 6 (per suspected Reetuu) is needed.

Selectively Xenophobic: These creatures actually hate and despise the Goa’uld, however they have come to the conclusion that if all the hosts for the Goa’uld are killed, their enemy will die out. Therefore the Reetuu want to kill all humans, as they are the primary hosts for the Goa’uld.

Non-host: Reetuu cannot be hosts for Goa’uld, as their physiology is too different and causes death for both species.

I've got plans to do a lot more, but all of my D6 stuff is packed away until I finish moving.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
Take a look at the Gree from the Best of the Star Wars Adventure Journals. The Gree had Stargate-like transportations systems. They had the problem of forgetting how they worked, but you could actually run that sort of campaign from Gree space.

That is what i was thinking of... i was imagining the Gree being like long lost cousines of the asgard or something like that, who have for what ever reason (maybe the ancients) forgot about the stargates etc. But something happens in the SG1 universe (say maybe the wraiths get an 'as yet' 8 digit gate address, that opens into gree space)...

And thanks for the stats, grimmy. Do you have plans for statting out the ships?? Or maybe we could do so.../

Side question. Would the hyperspace of SG be the same as SW's hyperspace??
Chabit Rane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, to things simple, you could leave it the same. But I think the hyperdrives in SG are faster. They have been used to go between galaxies.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good stuff Grimace! I look forward to seeing more.
Boomer
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well, to things simple, you could leave it the same. But I think the hyperdrives in SG are faster. They have been used to go between galaxies.

Remember, not every Hyperdrive in StarGate has done that.

At first all hyperdrives in StarGate were galaxy bound. Than the intergalactic Asgard showed up, with their intergalactic Hyperdrives.

So there are two diffrent kinds of HD in StarGate. Regular, which appears to work like good ol' Star Wars hyperdrives (blue tunnels and everything), and intergalactic, which makes galaxy to galaxy trips in the same time it takes regular HDs to cross a single galaxy. Couple a weeks.

Now, once within a galaxy, these intergalactic hyperdrives still have a significant advantage over regular ones, but gotta navigate around stuff. While StarGate doesn't have the mass shadow thing working the same as in Star Wars, stars and black holes are still obstacles.
to finance my 'vette!
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got only 1 more thing to say on this subject (for now)..

JAFFA KREE! 8)
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resurrecting this thread to see if anyone has any ideas on some of the other SG races, or for any of the ships..
cynanbloodbane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Resurrecting this thread to see if anyone has any ideas on some of the other SG races, or for any of the ships..

I thought there were some on the D6 Holocron wiki, but it is down atm.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not so much on the ships, but the Unknown Regions make for a good setting for powerful races like the Goa'uld to have an established presence without having any real contact with the SWU.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder.. If say races like the Wraith or Gou'ald existed, would the Imperials ally with them against the Rebels, or would they combat them to exterminate these 'aliens'?
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they would see them as competition and try to wipe them out.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it depends, really; the Empire has NO problems whatsoever using a non-human race to their advantage. While Thrawn might be an exception to the heights to which a non-human can aspire within the Empire's ranks, it shows that Palpatine at least has the good sense to use talent. I think he might ally himself with them, at least until such a time as he has learned their secrets, all the while setting plans into motion that will greatly aid in his takeover of their society.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: