The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

What is your favorite weapon?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> What is your favorite weapon? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
View previous topic :: View next topic  
remo moxey
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZzaphodD wrote:
From my Space Master days of the 80s, comes the...Plasma Repeater Rifle... I whacked it right into SW in an earlier campaign, and there was mayhem!

Ok, its not canon, but with all the weird weapons out there whats the difference?

BTW, how are disruptors 'evil' mechanically-wise? Or is it just fluff?

I always thought fluff.

Dead is dead, end of story.
Kira Firestorm
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite weapon is the Discblade. End of Story.
Good damage, can hit multiple targets and add in Telikinesis and it really gets nasty.
Rerun941
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite weapon: my wits. They've gotten me out of more jams than any thermal detonator, lightsaber or blaster. Wink
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In our earlier campaign, where I was a player, the favourite weapon had to be platic bags full of grenades...a frequently used weapon..
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine was an A-wing. Used it to gun down 6 Stormtroopers and several houses when I over straffed the targets.

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightsaber, ‘cause it’s Star Wars after all.

Arachnica EMRG-50 Rail Gun a unique weapon and ya gotta love the 4 km range. 8)
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can say that our Wookies least favourite weapon is the Thermal detonater after a crazy (player) merc put one 1 meter from the wookie inside an imperial ship corridor. Luckily enough the wookie had already spent a force point to charge 12 Storm Troopers (also being the target of the Detornator) so he only ended up incapacitated... Lots of jokes about nekkid wookies after that.. Laughing
AwesomeFrancis
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fav weapons are

Samurai
Throwing stars
Katana
Shurikin
Ninja claws

I love all ninja gears...LOL!
Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm partial to slughthrowers, vibroswords with no maximum damage code, and those extremely rare long range disruptors.

Complete Starship Construction System
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my motivations for working on my new lightsaber combat rules was a lightsaber variant that I've been picturing. It's based on the double bladed lightsaber / light-staff, but it has multiple operating modes, which make it useful in a variety of melee combat situation. A key component is that, rather than being two separate sabers linked end-to-end, like Darth Maul's, the two sabers that make up this weapon have linked power systems when the weapons are connected. The blade can be operated in the following modes:

1). Normal lightsaber (blade roughly 1.2-1.3 meters long). Can switch from one end to the other at the push of a button, making it easier for a Shien-trained adept to switch from one stand to another.
2). Light-Lance (Dual-Length Lightsaber blade around 2.5 meters long). Useful for mounted combat or when facing opponents with pole weapons, such as force pikes
3). Light-Staff (blade from either end, just under 1 meter in length)
4). Dual Lightsabers (each blade just under 1 meter in length), which are great for Jar'Kai adepts.

A weapon with all these different modes would allow a well trained Jedi to switch back and forth between combat forms and techniques at the press of a button. And to put icing on the cake, I'd probably have the hilt formed out of cortosis alloy, so that it can take a hit from an enemy's saber without being damaged.

Granted, I've probably been watching Art Of The Saber or the Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailers (here, here, and here), but lightsabers and Jedi are the main thing that puts Star Wars on a completely different level from other sci-fi settings, so when I dream about Star Wars, this is what I'd like to see.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
A key component is that, rather than being two separate sabers linked end-to-end, like Darth Maul's, the two sabers that make up this weapon have linked power systems when the weapons are connected. The blade can be operated in the following modes:

I thought it was the crystals used that determined the length of a saber blade so a dual phase saber actually has the crystals mounted in a rotating array so you can change blade length by changing crystals.

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esoomian wrote:
I thought it was the crystals used that determined the length of a saber blade so a dual phase saber actually has the crystals mounted in a rotating array so you can change blade length by changing crystals.

The version that I heard was that a dual phase saber either switched out one crystal for the other or moved the second crystal into the beam to create the new blade. But since this is sci-fi, I just figured I'd write up some technobabble of my own and say that blade length can also be varied by power output if the lightsaber crystal is of sufficient strength to handle the increased energy level.

I suppose I could also up the ante even further and make each end of the lightsaber a crossguard lightsaber as well... Wink

Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
Esoomian wrote:

The version that I heard was that a dual phase saber either switched out one crystal for the other or moved the second crystal into the beam to create the new blade. But since this is sci-fi, I just figured I'd write up some technobabble of my own and say that blade length can also be varied by power output if the lightsaber crystal is of sufficient strength to handle the increased energy level.

I suppose I could also up the ante even further and make each end of the lightsaber a crossguard lightsaber as well... Wink
Having played with lenses, you may have a better technobabble solution. Say a saber blade is focused by two or more crystals. The blade length could be adjusted simply by adjusting the distances between crystals, the same way that you change the focal length on a camera.

Complete Starship Construction System
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallon Kell wrote:
Having played with lenses, you may have a better technobabble solution. Say a saber blade is focused by two or more crystals. The blade length could be adjusted simply by adjusting the distances between crystals, the same way that you change the focal length on a camera.

IIRC, having adjusting crystals resulted in the blade length telescoping in or out, depending on the setting, but having a focusing crystal shifted into the path of the energy emissions resulted in an instantaneous lengthening of the blade. That's probably the route I'd go for the light-lance (as I call it, since dual phase lightsaber is a bit of a mouthful), but to also include adjustable focusing crystals to make the blade telescope back and forth is a bit more than what I'm looking for. I've seen several alternate versions of the light-staff (dual-blade lightsaber) that look less cumbersome than Maul's version (with a pair of full-length sabers), so that's the route I wanted to go. However, I also wanted to have the saber be able to project a "normal" length saber from either emitter (just not both at once). The explanation I came up with for that was simply that blade length could be adjusted incrementally by power output, but not to the degree possible with a multi-crystal lens system built into the hilt.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: