The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Revenge of the Sith Sourcebook
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Revenge of the Sith Sourcebook Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73, 74  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can take a look and see what I have.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KageRyu wrote:
cheshire wrote:
Gry Sarth has the files for this book, and he is currently AWOL. I sent him a message a couple months back just saying hello, and I never got a reply. I'd also sent one to him prior to that, also getting no reply.

I have a suspicion that the conversion books are the last contributions to his legacy.

A shame, his skills will be missed. His stat books were a wonderfully ambitious and useful endeavor. Though I understand how Real LifeŽ can interfere, it is even the bane of many projects on the 3D art boards (especially for the various Team Dystopia endeavors).

The source materials do not exist in any other context though? If it does become possible at some future date, I will be willing to help with layout.

This might be the best option to pursue if the main contributor is "one with the Real World". If all the stats and so forth are in a file or selection of files, then cheshire or someone else can work on the layout and posting of the appropriate pictures.
Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alternately, we could attempt to destroy the real world for good!

Complete Starship Construction System
Draven
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I am guessing work on this have completely halted due to the inactivity on it. That is a shame I would have loved to have seen this book. Or is there still any interest in completing it?
cheshire

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main caretaker of the files is AWOL. I may have the states somewhere, but I can't say that we have anything resembling a book.
Draven
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On some of the last few posts it says there was still work that needed to be done is that still true. It seems the Gry as been AWOL for a while. I hope everything is well with him I have gleamed quite a bit form some of his posts. His work on the other attack of the clones was excellent as well.
cheshire

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got an external e-mail from him, and I've tried to make contact. Probably unsurprisingly we've corresponded off the board in some of our conversion guide work. However, I haven't received a reply from him in over a year. My last two e-mails were never answered, though they didn't bounce back. I'm assuming that the e-mail account is still operative, but he's not using that particular account anymore.
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a possibility that I may be able to contribute to this starting late next week. If people are still interested in completing it, that is.

My "passion" when it comes to RPGs is character creation/design. Plus, I may be able to provide artwork. I am not fluent in the software to put everything together, but doing something with basic formatting (say, two columns throughout the whole book) would not be difficult.
cheshire

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take a look at my files and we'll see what I actually have on this. IIRC everything is already statted out. If there's something (such as vehicles or tech) that hasn't been filled in, it's probably available from one of the conversion books.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So did this project fall down and go blooey or is it still on? If still on, who is working on it? Need help?
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
cheshire

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have all of the notes collected thus far on the project. In theory, everything is statted out, and all we need are character write-ups... and an editor.

With the departure of Gry Sarth, the project may not be officially dead, but it will take quite a bit of momentum to get it going again.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So all that is needed is character write-ups? Why not just use a heavily edited version from Wookieepedia and cite them? As for an editor/typesetter? Yeah tell me about it. I am looking for the same for my Droids Animated Series Sourcebook.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
cheshire

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, and there was a reason why I'm not doing the layout for RotS. That is not one of my skills.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're looking for someone who can check to make certain everything's spelled correctly and similar things, then I'm willing to volunteer for that. Same thing goes for you shootingwomprats in regards to your work. As for layouts, I had a hard enough time doing that with my own work. Hardest parts were inserting a text field for the beginning of each part, which I eventually chose to remove, and shifting from 1-column layout to 2-column to 3-column without screwing up the page counts or something along that line. Not certain if I can do a good enough job with the layout for this work, but I'm willing to take a shot at it.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Forceally, when I get closer I will let you know.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73, 74  Next
Page 72 of 74

Jump to: