The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Looking for Game Aids
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Looking for Game Aids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adamlumina93
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Looking for Game Aids Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction to find some game aids. Things like cut out ships that can be placed on a map or cutout figures etc etc. Or anything anyone else has found useful that can spice up a game. Thanks.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got paper minis. Click the link in my sig. You'll be set for NPCs and a few characters... I don't have much in the way of ships though.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's where I come in:

cheshire

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooOOOOooo... nice.

Can I steal those and post them on my site too?
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, just be aware that I got the actual ship pics from some other site... One of the deckplan ones...
jmanski

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear God.... Wink
wolfe
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Chromes stuff.

You are "safe" from that other Starwars nut who claims copyrights on his own illegal artwork. Laughing Wink
Azai
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not trying to nerco year old threads.... But figured I wouldn't just make a new one.

Do you happen to have any more of those paper sheets Gry? Or might give me some hints on how to format and make my own?

Those will be incredible useful for my own starship battles with my groups.
GMgreatness
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, what a cool paper! I had Star Wars Space battles miniatures for space battles, until I desiced that they were too expensive to add any more on the secondary market, they were shotty workmanship and all warped for the most part anyway. So I sold them off about a month ago to get some other stuff I wanted and was looking for a new way of doing my spacebattles. This sheet of starships was the solution!! Not only did I print out and laminate 4 sheets of them, I already have them cut out and good ready to use.

So does anyone else have any other sheets of the same size with other classes of ships? There is a great variety of stuff on here for Rebellion and New Republic era ships, but nothing from the Clone Wars era. Granted, I prefer to play the otginal trilogy era and beyond, but you never know when my group may get an itch "to go back in time" and play a different era.

and That is why you fail...
cheshire

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a shame you didn't let us know that you were getting rid of your starships miniatures. I still use them as roleplaying minis. I would love to have put a bid in.
GMgreatness
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, it was kind of a spur of the moment decsion. I have over 3000 regular miniatures to repreent characters and the like and then had roughly a 100 of the starships from WOTC. After looking around on the secondary market and seeing that prices were still high considering their horrible ackwardness on most sculpts, I decided to part ways with them to a guy I know locally who has over a thousand of them. I looked at my warped Tie-fighters, and smashed X-wings one last time and was quite satisfied to be rid of them.

Azai
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was the route I was going towards too Gmgreatness, fiancee got me a the starter box from ebay.

Though how much it would cost, and the randomness of it (The only ones we would use in the set, was a Nebulon-B, Y-Wing, and TIE Interceptor) really didn't seem like it would pan out to be a realistic way.

But searching some old threads, and finding this I almost jumped up and down.

Seconding the fact of how was this made?(So perhaps I can give it a go to make my own) And is there anymore? (Also, just so I get it correct, how did you print the sheet out Gmgreatness?)

Also on a side note, Cheshire I have some clone wars era starship WOTC miniatures that I will never use. I'd be more then willing to send them your way.
GMgreatness
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I simply clicked on the link, right clicked on the image and saved it to my desk top. I then opened it up and tinkered around with it to print out. Oddly enough it won't fit at its current size on an 8" x 11" sheet of paper. It cuts off the top row of x-wings and y-wings. In PAINT I got it to print correctly with a little more tinkering.

Azai
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what exactly was your tinkering Very Happy ?
GMgreatness
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I messed with the margins to get as much as the paper as possible to print out. I found it easier to print out the x-wings using the PAINT program. I then laminated them and spent hours cutting them out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: