The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Clone Wars SE Fan Sourcebook (Droids)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Star Wars Games -> Clone Wars SE Fan Sourcebook (Droids) Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FandomComics wrote:
sure sure, but in the interest of being raped and pillaged, I figure I should keep you all up to date about my fan material ripe for the converting ;P. In any case, if the thread is a problem/considered spam, I can stop with the once a month post. I figure there has got to be SOME cross-over though between fan bases.

I think as a d20 player, it is very cool of you to come here and post this. Of course if you've ever played D6 and still think that d20 is better, or even equal, then I do think you're insane, but no hard feelings anyway. 8)

If you come in peace, then you are most certainly welcome here. Thanks.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
FandomComics
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own a pretty full run of the WEG books. Im missing some of the 1st printings, but I do have at least one version of every book they put out, and all the SW adventure journals too! So yeah, I am familiar with WEG. It is a taste thing. D6 certainly has its share of design flaws, as do the three incarnations of D20. It boils down to a matter of taste.

In any case, perhaps one day we will do a conversion for all the stats to D6. However, I think we should first get through all the planned chapters, and have a full draft completed. We still have to do...vehicles, Clones, Fringe characters, Droids, Creatures and planets at the least. Then of course we have several existing chapters that were done in D20 Revised that need to get converted to Saga, and of course there are a few non-stat chapters that focus on things like history and organization and the like.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jmanski
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuff we all can use. Keep up the good work!
FandomComics
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, a belated happy Halloween to everyone! It is the 1st of the month again, and once again Fandom Comics has posted a new chapter in their Clone Wars Saga Edition Fan Sourcebook! This chapter focuses on Repulsorlift vehicles, and features 52 of them from the Clone Wars era! Note that we did not reprint the 11 speederbikes/swoops and airhooks from our preview for this, so there are 63 total repulsorlift vehicles on the site now for the Clone Wars era! Also included are some new stock templates for vehicles, and additional emplacements to customize your ships and vehicles with, including a new "vulnerability" mechanic that is based off the "ion vulnerability" presented in the core book for the AAT entry!

Anyway, as always, I hope everyone enjoys the chapter, and please let us know if you find anything that needs correcting.

http://www.fandomcomics.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
FandomComics
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone, just wanted to let you all know we updated the site with our latest chapter of the clone wars saga edition fan sourcebook, which has 24 vehicles that roll on treads or wheels, or are walkers. Some new templates and emplacements as well. Please let me know if you see anything questionable, as we will be doing our big vehicle recompile this month, and hope to have all the bugs worked out of the vehicles for the big update jan 1st.

As always, the Clone Wars Saga Edition Fan Sourcebook chapters can be downloaded at http://www.fandomcomics.com
FandomComics
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone! Just in time for use as an invaluable companion to the Clone Wars Campaign Guide, we at Fandom Comics ( http://www.fandomcomics.com ) have finally got our Jan 1st update posted! (yeah, we ran a little late, holidays, sue us) Anyway, the massive chapter contains 102 Confederacy vehicles, 81 republic vehicles, and 55 neutral vehicles, ranging from airhooks all the way up to multi-kilometer warships. Thats 238 different vehicles! The chapter also has 56 new emplacements and 19 new stock vehicle templates for use with the existing vehicle modification rules found in Starships of the Galaxy (WOTC).

This combo chapter contains all the previous vehicle chapters done on the site, but was heavily edited and had several additions of vehicles missed in the initial pass, as well as some new artwork, particularly the SX-troop transport, drawn by Eric Allen, which also has a deckplan. Note that we do intend to update this chapter one more time in the near future, after we get our copies of TCW CG, in order to delete some of our stats rendered obsolete by the new product, and add yet more stats for vehicles that we assumed would be in that book that did not make the cut.

In any case, this combination chapter represents nearly the whole of the Fandom Comics RPG effort for 2008, and our first Saga Edition offering. We hope you all find this fan supplement to be useful in your campaigns, and invaluable for those taking place during the Clone Wars era.

As always, should you notice any errors, omissions, or other issues, please make us aware of them so that we can make certain they are corrected when we repost the chapter.

Thank you all for your support and interest,

Keith "Nar" Kappel
FandomComics
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, we have posted the new gear chapter, and already integrated it with the weapons chapter. I honestly think this is one of the best done things we have put up thus far. The gear is really creatively handled by Tron as far as providing unique benefits. Lots of great tools to benefit you Medic PRCs out there! Download this and please give us some feedback on the entire thing, curious what people think of the fantastic job tron did.

In other news, I am down to the final 3 NPCs to stat for the first Fringe NPC section, which is going to go up July 1st, likely to be followed by Fringe Force Users on Aug 1st, and Jedi Council update/conversion to saga on Sep 1st. After that we will probably just be alternating between Jedi conversions/updates and fringer NPCs until the end of the year, when we do droids (right after the official droid book comes out, so we can see what is officially done already).

In any case, download the new chapter, enjoy it, and let us know if you find any errors, issues, or typos!
schnarre
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Even though I haven't been able to check for some time, were you able to finish the sourcebook on planets? (Having that on one file as opposed to multiple books would help a good deal) I still have some of your earlier D20 sourcebooks; keep up the good work!
FandomComics
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry no planets yet! We have just posted our 2nd droids chapter though!
FandomComics
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you all know our third section of the Droids chapter of the Clone Wars Saga Edition Fan Sourcebook has gone up at http://www.fandomcomics.com . This chapter showcases a few of the more rare combat droids in use by the Separatists during the Clone Wars.

Ryan did a fantastic job with this chapter, and really picked up the slack for me. This chapter was originally supposed to have a bunch of Class 5 labor droids as well, but those have been pushed back to next month thanks to the intensity of my schoolwork. Very excited to hear what you all have to say about this chapter, it contains stats for some droids that have very recently made their first appearances in the Clone Wars cartoon!

Next month expect more combat droids (a few odds and ends plus some droid vehicles) as well as about half of my labor droids! July 1st should see the final recompile of the droids chapters into one large chapter, with a few additions and edits, as well as tables that remind you where to find officially statted droids that are a part of the Clone Wars.
FandomComics
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats right, its been 5 years for our little site already! Thanks to everyone on the Rancor Pit forums who has supported us with the Clone Wars Fan Sourcebook, which we will continue doing, releasing chapters on the 1st of every month. We have also announced a new Fan Comic, go to the site for details on our new story, characters, and the brilliant artist, Aaron Johnson. Some of you might remember Aaron from his Jin-Lo Rayce pin-up in the Jedi Padawans Chapter, and other spots. Now he tackles Lumiya: Dark Lady of the Sith!

Thanks again so much! We'll see you on the 1st with a new section of droids, and on the 15th for two more pieces of Aaron's concept art!

http://www.fandomcomics.com
FandomComics
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Massive droids chapter just went up! This has ALMOST all the remaining 4th degree combat droids (I think there are still a handful for next month) and about half the 5th degree labor droids. 15 droids from the Clone Wars in all, but its a whopping 39 pages! There are a TON of sidebars in this section, lots of optional rules and new stuff for everyone to check out. Can't wait to see what you all have to say about the chapter, or the Lumiya sketch art we posted by Aaron in the sketchbook section to promote our new fan comic!

http://www.fandomcomics.com is the site to get it all at!
Hexx
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:31 pm    Post subject: Fandom comics Reply with quote

I have downloaded everything. You guys have been doing a better job with Saga than Wizards did. (my opinion) Give us a taste of those skills in D6!
FandomComics
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone,
Alright, so it is a month later than promised, that seems to have been happening a fair bit lately, but we are doing our best! Here is the droids chapter, finalized and recompiled from all those little itty bitty droid chapters we had put out. All 5 degrees combined in one, plus the addition of a number of droids, and countless re-wordings and stat tweaks and other little fixes. This is a massive chapter, ended up being 120 pages (116 single spaced pages in the word doc WITHOUT pictures). There is a LOT of material here that Tron (Anstrona) and I have created over the past six months. There are a number of 5th degree labor droids appearing for the first time here, so I am particularly interested in what you all think of them. For those who have been waiting for us to condense all the smaller chapters into the big doc, now is your chance to download!

As always, go to www.fandomcomics.com and click "sourcebooks" to get to our download area. Also, for those of you planning to attend Star Wars Celebration V, Fandom Comics will be there in Force! Myself, Tron, Dawn, family and friends will all be present for every day of the convention! We did make up some Fandom Comics tee shirts and badge lanyards which we will be sporting during the convention, so if you see us there, feel free to come up and say hello! I believe we are also planning to attend the TFN party Thursday night, so feel free to come talk to us there as well!

Keith "Nar" Kappel

Hexx, appreciate the high praise! Obviously, the write-up portions of our sourcebooks still work fine for helping with D6 campaign-building, but there aren't plans at this time to actually re-stat the hundreds (or is it over 1000 now) entries in D6 stats. We have talked about the idea of doing it back and forth if and when we actually finish a complete draft of the entire clone wars sourcebook, but that is likely still 1-2 years away.
FandomComics
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I don't see US doing a D6 conversion anywhere on the horizon, we would be open to someone else converting stuff, and then we would format and post it. It'd just be a matter of replacing the stats and using our same write-ups. If someone is interested, they should contact us.

Alright, this month, an update to the Bounty Hunters chapter! This chapter now contains 41 NPCs, including 5 new playable species, plus feats, weapons and equipment! The chapter has lots of popular characters from teh clone wars cartoon including Cad Bane, Aurra Sing, Bossk, Seripas and Embo, and many more! The chapter also features a piece of original art created specifically for this chapter of the bounty hunter Magus from Secrets of the Jedi, a novella.

Download the chapter at www.fandomcomics.com and let us know what you think here!

For those of you who downloaded this just over a year ago, the chapter is about 33% larger with lots of new and updated content, so definitely replace that old file!

As for our upcoming planned release schedule (always open to changes) we plan to feature a conversion of our Jedi Knights chapter for October 1st, and an updated Criminals chapter, which will also include a number of mercenaries that didn't quite fit into this chapter for November 1st. After that it starts to get less certain, but odds are December 1st will be a portion of the Jedi Masters (way way way too many to do them all in one update), and starting off 2011 will either be a brand new section of fringe characters, or an update on the now horribly outdated vehicles chapter. in 2011 we hope to finish off converting the Jedi, Republic and Separatist NPCs, and finish statting all the fringer sections. If we manage to accomplish all of that, all that will remain is the clones NPC chapter, and probably doing one massive update and reorganization for all the chapters. After that, we can look at things like beasts, planets, and chapters that don't really contain stats, but focus more on resource type things, and our adventure campaign that uses all this stuff!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Star Wars Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: