The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Good ships for exploration.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Good ships for exploration.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falcon79
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Good ships for exploration. Reply with quote

Hi, Aside from the the Obvious One in GG: Scouts and the Core book, what are some good ships for explotion, or can be converted to the role, in you folks opinion?

Among my favorates type to be converted to the role are:

Koeonsayr ILH-KK Citadel Civilian Cruiser.

Mobquet "Custom" Medium Cargo Hauler

Corellian Engineering Corporation YZ-775 Transport

Some of my favorate small capital vessel types to explore in:

Corellian Engineering Corporation c70 Charger Consular-Class Refit

The ever adaptable Corellian Engineering Corporation Corvette, Both the older CR70 and Newer CR90 models
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on the era. Some eras some ships aren't going to exist in either because they haven't been designed yet or because they have become outdated and aside from musems and some collectors who keep them running you're unlikely to see them running. Kinda like real world automobiles or airplanes. When was the last time you were driving down the highway and at least fifty of the cars you passed or which passed you were Model Ts? Absolutely it's possible to see a Model T on the road, typically with a liscense plate which reads antique. But it's a rare sight to see on running on the road, and then it's because the person driving it typically has restored it and is going to a car show. And depending on the model year they may not even drive it to the show but haul it on a trailer.

Me, if it's around the Galactic Civil War or New Republic eras, I'd probably go with a HT-2200. Got a soft spot for the Corellian medium freighter. May need some moding to speed and manuverability, but with four individualy eviromentally controlled cargo bay it'd really be useful in my opinion as it would let an explorer bring back items from four extremely different eviroments.

Wanted Poster
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For players, pretty much any starfighter scale ship with 5months or more in consumables would make a decent scout vessel.

As far as captial ships go, pretty much any one would do, since most have a years worth of consumables to work with.

Pretty much the only thing scouts need to worry about is how long they can be out, just in case their scouting takes them out really far.
Falcon79
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellcat wrote:
It depends on the era. Some eras some ships aren't going to exist in either because they haven't been designed yet or because they have become outdated and aside from musems and some collectors who keep them running you're unlikely to see them running. Kinda like real world automobiles or airplanes. When was the last time you were driving down the highway and at least fifty of the cars you passed or which passed you were Model Ts? Absolutely it's possible to see a Model T on the road, typically with a liscense plate which reads antique. But it's a rare sight to see on running on the road, and then it's because the person driving it typically has restored it and is going to a car show. And depending on the model year they may not even drive it to the show but haul it on a trailer.

Me, if it's around the Galactic Civil War or New Republic eras, I'd probably go with a HT-2200. Got a soft spot for the Corellian medium freighter. May need some moding to speed and manuverability, but with four individualy eviromentally controlled cargo bay it'd really be useful in my opinion as it would let an explorer bring back items from four extremely different eviroments.

There is the case in star wars some designs stay in use centuries... the Millenium falcon for instance was over 200 years old by the end of the vong conflict....It also depends on location too... Ancient designs see more use in backwaters where any peice of tech is very valuable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: