The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

D6 Character Sheet for NBOS Character Sheet Designer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> D6 Character Sheet for NBOS Character Sheet Designer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atgxtg
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: D6 Character Sheet for NBOS Character Sheet Designer Reply with quote

Recently I downloaded the free NBOS Character Sheet Designer program from NBOS. After working with it a bit, I came up with a sheet for D6 Star Wars.

The sheet is editable, and prints things out in the same postion as on the R&E character sheet (It actually prints the information over a black R&E sheet that was converted to greyscale to save ink and make it more printer friendly).

Skills and die codes are selcted with drop down menus (blanks spaces exist for non-standard skills and a (S) option is used for specialties).

Anyone interested?
McKinley
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure am!
Doomhead
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uuuummmmm heck yeah!!!!

http://www.box.net/shared/cn6f7sdkog
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, did you really need to ask, or were you just trying to build up hype first? Smile
jmanski

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in as interested.... Very Happy
atgxtg
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
Now, did you really need to ask, or were you just trying to build up hype first? Smile

TO be completely honest I:

1) wasn't sure if anyone one else would be interested with this or want to bother with downloading the NBOS software.

2) wanted to see if there was enough interest to continue ironing out the bugs. I tend to work at a higher standard for others than for something that I alone am going to use.

3) had to get your attention in particular,as I have no way to host the (fairly small, 900K, I think) file. I figured chumming the waters would have worked faster than a PM. Sorry, I think it's the GM in me. Embarassed
hisham
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmmmm chum.
cheshire

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get me wrong, I didn't say it was bad to build the hype (or get my attention). I just wanted to know if that's what you were doing. Smile

And yes, it's perfectly fine to ask me to host the file. And yes, I'll put it on my 4shared.
atgxtg
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'll see about getting the sheet out there.

Now a couple (!) of words of caution:

1) You must download and install the Character Sheet Designer from NBOS software to use my sheet. Sorry folks. The good news is that the Designer is free to download, so you're not going to get milked for cash. I don't have any affiliation with NBOS and have only been using the designer for about a week and a half, so I'm not shilling for them or anything.

2) Once downloaded the designer has two programs. A designer that you (or in this case I) use to layout the sheet, and a viewer that anyone can use to enter data, and print & save characters. This means that end users can't change the layout of the character sheet (unless I make the "source" sheet available, then anyone can edit it in the designer, but they may have to locate and add any extra files to the design)

3) The sheet is still a work in progress. It's got a few bugs I'm still working on. Specifically:

-Some skills might overwrite the space provided for them on the sheet. I abbreviated a few skills to fit, but I probably haven't caught them all yet.

-Since the skills are done in drop down menus, You have to use a blank space for any skill not including on the main rules. That also means that it can never cover the infinite number of specialties, so I have a (S) option of the menu, and players will just have to write specialties in after printing. NOTE: I can change the drop down menus to simple edit boxes and then people could type anything they wanted to in the skill boxes.

-The weapon boxes allow you to select a weapon and it will load in the damage, range and ammo stats for the weapon. I make the last box editable so players can add any custom weapon not on the list. Again I could make some or all these boxes editable, trading off options.

-The lookup function that loads the AMMO stat for weapons, doesn't work. I'm not sure why, but I think it is a formatting issue with the csv file I'm using for a source.

-It only handles die codes up to 20D. I figured that was high enough.
atgxtg
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that was fast. I barely got time to post before getting hits. I hope the bait proves worth it. Shocked

At least I got some enthusiastic beta testers! Very Happy

BTW, I do have a full color version of the sheet, but I figured that it is an ink pig, so I stuck with the white background.
atgxtg
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I didn't say it was bad to build the hype (or get my attention). I just wanted to know if that's what you were doing. Smile

And yes, it's perfectly fine to ask me to host the file. And yes, I'll put it on my 4shared.

I sent you a PM so I can find out where to send the file. It's 160K.

160K? I feel like I'm back in the 80s with my Atari PC.
cheshire

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.4shared.com/file/8EDpHQYJ/SW_Sheet_Rancorpit_Version_GS.html

Hosted and posted. However, you'll probably need this link: http://www.nbos.com/products/charsheet/charsheet.htm
Doomhead
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda cool, although I'll stick with my pre-made .doc file.

http://www.box.net/shared/cn6f7sdkog
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
atgxtg
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doomhead wrote:
Kinda cool, although I'll stick with my pre-made .doc file.

As I said it is still a work in progress.

I got to see what one of the PCs looked like on it, and I have to say that the full color sheet, with the lines on it for skills looked better than the greyscale one without the lines. So,I'll probably go back to that version.

I'm designing a planet sheet, too. I'm trying to make the layout similar to (but not identical)the one used in the Star Wars Essential Atlas.

Here is a peak at how it looks so far:

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2407/worldsheetpreview.png

I'll probably a ship/vehicle sheet after that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: