The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

RUMOR - Flames of War may have purchased Star Wars License
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> RUMOR - Flames of War may have purchased Star Wars License
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmdrcody
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:03 pm    Post subject: RUMOR - Flames of War may have purchased Star Wars License Reply with quote

http://www.flamesofwar.com/Default.aspx?tabid=36

"April Fools’

It is traditional on this day to tease and confuse people by having fictitious and spurious stories appear in the guise of having a bit of fun.

The creative team came up with a few ideas that would set tongues wagging but all of them seemed very obvious, so I decided to try something a little different. I am taking the opportunity today to tell you ten things that Battlefront Group has planned of which half are true and half are not. The ensuing discussion and speculation will hopefully be taken for what it is, fun, and at least let you know some things that until today you were not aware of.

1. We are making a 15mm Captain America figure with special rules so he can join US forces in Flames Of War.

2. We have the rights to produce the Star Wars tabletop miniatures game now that the Wizards of the Coast license have expired.

3. A free Osprey book will be given away with every issue of Wargames Illustrated in June.
4. Early War has proved to be much more work than we expected and we have to move its release back by six months.
5. Our next big thing is going to be a Pirate vs. Ninja skirmish game in 30mm.
6. To help improve morale in the Battlefront offices, all staff are being given a uniform consisting of a black shirt with silver skulls on the lapels and pink piping.
7. Having looked at the Pacific theatre, we have decided to make a naval game to go along with the Flames Of War books we are working on.
8. We have a World War Two aircraft game almost finished so you will be able to dogfight your way through the war.
9. As part of a new license deal we will be releasing themed dice and gaming sets for the greatest comic book heroes in the world.
10. German forces will soon be able to add the Ark of the Covenant to their lists as a special occult unit.

Have fun with this and remember five things on this list are 100% true but five are not, so don’t hold me to everything the next time we meet."

So, like the thread is titled, its rumor, and may not be true. However, on their forum, there seems to be a chuck of folks who have discounted 5 others from the list above, lending credence to Star Wars minis being true. Also a New Zealand gaming show ref that is supportive.

SOME QUESTIONS I HAVE:

If so, is this good or bad?

No mention of RPG - anyone know if that company does RPG?

Do you all use minis in your RPG play, or not?

Love to hear what you all think. Thanks!
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is in LFL's reputation to require RPGs along with minis, so I'm not buying it if there's no mention of an RPG.
GMgreatness
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This rumor is starting to pop up all around the industry right now. If true don't expect an annoucement until the first of May at the earliest, that is when Wotc officially ends the license.

and That is why you fail...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: