The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Drawing a Map: not for roleplaying
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> Drawing a Map: not for roleplaying
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darius
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Drawing a Map: not for roleplaying Reply with quote

Hi.
I have previously run a risk styled star wars war game where the players are all imperial warlords after the death of the emperor. the previous version of the game had 32 systems which was easy enough for me to map. However the newest version needs 80 systems. and the only software i have on my pc at home for drawing is crappy old windows paint. does anyone know of any better options? i had also toyed with the idea of putting the map on a website so that the players could see how each other were doing, but i have no experience at that either.
Yak Face
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might consider GIMP. I'm no expert with graphics software, but I can say that it seems to have quite a lot of functionality, and an active community. And it's free.

http://www.gimp.org/downloads/

Your game concept is an interesting one. I hope you have good success with it. I have considered using a "high level" strategy game as a way of providing back story back when my group was doing a Thrawn Era campaign. Never did get up enough enthusiasm to finish the work though...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: