The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

New Character Sheet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> New Character Sheet
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: New Character Sheet Reply with quote

I just made a new character sheet cause I got lasagna all over my character last night playing, and I decided that I was tired of wasting ink on the scanned photocopy of the 2nd Ed R&E. So, I spent some time working on it, and I was hoping someone might be able to help me by hosting it on their web space. It's not a very large file, and just wanted to share. I can explain my reasoning for the minor edits here and there to the original.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go ahead and post it on a temporary site like yousendit.com and let us see it first, and then we can see if we have any takers on a permanant home.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, got a friend to post it on his website.

Alrighty, here we are: This is the main sheet here

And, this 2nd sheet is for force skills and attributes.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The obvious changes are more slots for skills, I removed background, slid over special abilities and the table for move and point info, and added in a small section for cash.

I've been playing WEG star wars for almost 9 years now, my early characters were fine with the 9 spaces for skills, cause I didn't tend to branch out and learn too many new skills with my characters as a player, but as time went on, I started seeing the distinct flavor which was added to characters with a wide assortment of knowledge skills and specializations of things like tactics, and scholar. More often then not, I'd end up out of room on my sheets knowledge, mechanical and technical skills. So, additional slots were added to each attribute. The picture box I added was shrunk, since it tends to take up a ton of room, and since I'm not much of an artist, it usually just contains notes on GMCs my character has been introduced to, or planets that we've visited. I removed the background, because, more often than not, my characters, and the players that I run for, have longer backgrounds than can be fit in a short paragraph. Special abilities got expanded to be able to fit more, some players using optional martial arts maneuvers, or play alien species with a lot of notes to be taken. On the force page, I left enough spaces to be able to hopefully incorporate every power listed in the force power pdf, in addition to some fan made powers if allowed by GM. I also added in the proximity and relationship modifiers, because most GMs have to look it up, and I figured it would save time if it was just easily located.

We've had some views of the topic, anyone have any suggestions or opinions they'd like to share? This was sort of a quick first draft, and I'd like to hear any constructive ideas to make the sheet better.

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: