The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Star Wars Universe Sourcebook
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Star Wars Universe Sourcebook Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luwingo_Spince
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok pretty much finished with medals and awards ... going to start on corporations and companies next.

any ideas of universe building let us know and we will try to include it in the book.

back to work.....
YodaWI
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spince and I were wondering if anyone would have any use for a more comprehensive list of types of wounds and injuries that coincide with the standard wound levels.

We would do our best to make a list of a variety of injuries or wounds that may result from damage dealt by various methods or means.

If it doesn't seem like most people would make use of it, we would just skip it and save ourselves a little time.
Orion
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YodaWI wrote:
Spince and I were wondering if anyone would have any use for a more comprehensive list of types of wounds and injuries that coincide with the standard wound levels.

We would do our best to make a list of a variety of injuries or wounds that may result from damage dealt by various methods or means.

If it doesn't seem like most people would make use of it, we would just skip it and save ourselves a little time.

I for one would like to see this. Are you talking about general types of wounds or wound locations, because I use a modification of the optional hit location rule? I would definitely use it if your talking about general types of wounds. If your including locations I can probably still use it with a bit of modification.
Delkarnu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I do in my games is use the blaster-dodge to determine hit location. 0-3 hits grazes, 4-6 will hit a limb, and more than that hits chest. (limb chosen randomly) Each level is a damage reduction to the next level.

hit grazed arm, killed result.
arm is incapacitated. (burns, lots of bleeding)
person is wounded, -1D to actions, cant use limb until healed

hit limb, killed result
limb blown off, requires prosthetic replacement
character incapacitated

I like it because characters can survive a dangerous combat, but have heavy consequences so the combat is not inconsequential
Luwingo_Spince
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If any body would like to help us with this project, YodaWI and I would appreciate it.

PM me if you would.

Many hands make the workload light.

Thanks
YodaWI
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I for one would like to see this. Are you talking about general types of wounds or wound locations, because I use a modification of the optional hit location rule? I would definitely use it if your talking about general types of wounds. If your including locations I can probably still use it with a bit of modification.

Yes, we are talking about a list of general injuries that would match up (in our opinion) with the different injury levels. The idea is that if you had a character suffer a wound/injury from one of several different causes, the dice would tell you what level of injury, and you could consult our list/chart to choose a type of injury that may match. It would not just be blaster burn related, (although they will be included as well).

For example, your character falls and lands hard. Our list would match up a sprained ankle, broken ankle or leg, leg broken in several places, etc. with the injury levels from the game.

If anyone already does something like this or has suggestions, you can PM either Spince or myself with your ideas/suggestions/etc. to help us compile the list.
YodaWI
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are making progress. I just finished up the second half of the companies list, it is 71 pages!!!

Next, I was going to start fleshing out the chart/list of injuries. If anyone wants to offer their input or advice, it would be greatly appreciated!!!
Luwingo_Spince
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is looking to be one massive sourcebook.

We are plugging along and coming up with some great lists and charts.

What is needed for yodaWI's project, is some description of wounds and injuries.

So tell us your stories about injuries that happened to your characters and we will try yo convert them to our charts. Come on be creative and tell us your horror stories.
jmanski
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okie-day, here's some examples:

PC took one to the arm, Incapacitate result. Player says sarcastically "great, he blew my arm off." I said "no, it's still hanging there, barely, but it's there."

Stormy hit a PC in the leg, stun result. Decided he hit the PC in the toe.

Had a torso hit, don't remember the rolls, but the player rolled high to soak and the Stormy bombed the damage roll (probably hit a 1 on wild dice), so I said he had a black line across his flak vest. The player said his PC would not clean it off.

Is that what you're looking for?
YodaWI
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, stuff like that is what we are looking for, but also non-blaster related injuries. And we need a lot more!!
YodaWI
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am starting on the injury chart. Here are the following categories I have so far.

Blaster/Burn damage
Falling damage
Crash damage
Melee Weapon damage
Brawling damage
Blunt force

Some of these can be combined probably, but wanted to expand as much as I could. Please comment on them and feel free to suggest others.
Luwingo_Spince
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here some stuff I was able to gleam off Wikipedia YodaWI

Blunt force trauma: Internal haemorrhaging, Internal organ damage, Cardiac arrest, rupturing of internal organs,fracturing of bones

burns: a type of injury that may be caused by heat, cold, electricity, chemicals, light, radiation, or friction.Burns can be highly variable in terms of the tissue affected, the severity, and resultant complications. Muscle, bone, blood vessel, and epidermal tissue can all be damaged with subsequent pain due to profound injury to nerves.

Depending on the location affected and the degree of severity, a burn victim may experience a wide number of potentially fatal complications including shock, infection, electrolyte imbalance and respiratory distress.

Burns are classified based upon their depth.

A first degree burn is superficial and causes local inflammation of the skin. Sunburns often are categorized as first degree burns. The inflammation is characterized by pain, redness, and a mild amount of swelling. The skin may be very tender to touch.

Second degree burns are deeper and in addition to the pain, redness and inflammation, there is also blistering of the skin.

Third degree burns are deeper still, involving all layers of the skin, in effect killing that area of skin. Because the nerves and blood vessels are damaged, third degree burns appear white and leathery and tend to be relatively painless.

Brawling: to the head Fractures of the jaw, concussions, broken nose, eye gouging, broken teeth, bitten off ear (thank you very much Mike Tyson, you scoundrel)

Ok hope this helps and gets the ball rolling for other posters
cunning_kindred
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like I've embarked on a very similar quest to you YodaWI. Luwingo_Spince helpfully directed me here (thanks for that) so I'd thought I'd point out my thread in case anyone wanted to go have a look. I'm trying to gather together a list of injuries of various types, vehicle difficulties, or just about anything else that can be the actual effect of damage.

http://www.rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2517
YodaWI
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will leave that project to you then since I haven't made much headway on it. I like what you have so far.
YodaWI
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my latest project for this sourcebook. I am compiling a list of diseases in the Star Wars Universe and adding stats for each. Here is an example of one.

Disease: Affliceria
Symptoms: Head cold, fevers, severe dehydration
Contagious: high, spread through airborne bacteria
Fatal: high if untreated
Affected species: NA
Cure: vaccine, extinct as of 2nd Galactic Civil War
Rarity: uncommon before cure discovered
Time period: Cure discovered 100 years prior to 2nd Galactic Civil War
Notes: Largest known outbreak on Coruscant spread by Commenori spies.

Please let me know what you think, particularily if you think I missed anything.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: