The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

WEG for sale
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea -> WEG for sale Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Game Guy
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

masque wrote:
Never played HERO, but I have GURPS, which I dig a lot.

Gurps I just couldnt dig. Hero I really like but I got rid of the books since most people are intimidated by the rules.
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Game Guy wrote:
masque wrote:
Never played HERO, but I have GURPS, which I dig a lot.

Gurps I just couldnt dig. Hero I really like but I got rid of the books since most people are intimidated by the rules.

It helps that I'm a volunteer demo guy for SJG, so I get a lot of SJG product in exchange for running games. I have every hardcopy book for GURPS 4E, and the majority of ones I want for 3E, and I got them all free, sort of. (You get "points" for demoing games at stores and conventions, amongst other things, and each point is worth $10 worth of merchandise.) I'll grant that I haven't really ran much GURPS itself, but I've gotten a lot of use out of their supplements as source material for other games, and have an affection for it because of that.
shnar
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Game Guy wrote:
Hero I really like but I got rid of the books since most people are intimidated by the rules.

Agreed, since the chargen in Champions can be quite intimidating to a new player. Also, since it's kind of a board+rpg mix (you *have* to play on a hex board for combat), some players just don't like it.

It's been years since I've played though, even though I've picked up quite a few 5th Ed. books. I should see if my group wants to try it out...

-shnar
The Game Guy
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shnar wrote:
Agreed, since the chargen in Champions can be quite intimidating to a new player. Also, since it's kind of a board+rpg mix (you *have* to play on a hex board for combat), some players just don't like it.

-shnar

You don't have to use a board to do the combat. I have done combat plenty of times without the use of a hexboard. I have done it with a hexboard and that is fun, but it is not mandatory for combat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: