The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Fading Light - IC
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fading Light - vong -> Fading Light - IC Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 111, 112, 113 ... 213, 214, 215  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vong wrote:
They motion you to the tank and drop you in. You quickly fall unconscious but do not find rest. You mind is clouded by what ifs of your future, and if you are worthy of living that far...

Floating in the aether of his subconscious, Rownn is troubled by visions of darkness, chaos and pain. An aged Wookiee floats through his visions, a red glow highlighting his features, reflecting off of his fur, gleaming off of his teeth, and highlighting his feral, green eyes, reflecting back black in the red light. The Wookiee exudes intense power, and lightning arcs between his fingers as he lifts his left hand, palm upwards, the swirling image of the known galaxy floating within its grasp. One by one, the systems of the galaxy are united by the arcs of lightning and begin to disintegrate as the Wookiee closes its massive paw around the image, dust moving off in all directions. Cries of pain, anguish and fear enter Rownn's mind as images of suffering appear in the aether. Slowly, the suffering beings come to surround the Wookiee, arms raised or prostrate, they begin to support him, holding him aloft in pained admiration. Somehow the images, while terrifying and against his sensibilities, imbue him with a lingering sense of triumph and comfort.

The red highlighted Wookiee and the images of the suffering beings exhalting him swirl and coalesce. As the Wookiee comes back into focus, he is standing amongst the branches of a grand wroshyr tree, the red glow upon him being cast by a lightsaber that he hold ignited in his right hand; a look of hatred and determination seated upon his face, his stance ready to pounce. In the background floats another Wookiee, aged and care-worn, his tired green eyes wells of compassion. The second Wookiee floats down to the wroshyr branch the seething Wookiee stands upon, and looks upon the beast with a mixture of regret, shame and determination. As the Feral Wookiee snaps into action, charging the other, a pale blue line erupts from the Wookiee's hand; a lightsaber igniting. The two clash together in a blinding flash. The two battle through the wroshyr tree, neither gaining the upper hand, each suffering terrible wounds. The battle lasts for what seems like an eternity until both combatants are left weak and unable to continue, the two stare at one another, determination in their eyes; the feral one seething with rage, the other gazing upon his opponent with compassion, seeming to wish to save it from itself...

Rownn's subconscious slowly slips away, and the eyes of the second Wookiee turn to stare back at him as he fades, a look of hope and compassion staring back at the confused Jedi. Just before his consciousness takes hold an image of galactic peace and harmony floods his mind for a brief moment and disappears as the real world takes a hold.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vong wrote:
ooc: I am gonna move this shindig along tomorrow morning - I found my list of upgrades for the ship, and I will go over your requests today. Everyone can make their own passage of time to bed, or I will make it fer ya tomorrow Smile Let me know where you are sleeping (on your ship or their ship) and we can move on from there Smile

OOC: Tiny doesn't want to sleep after his last bout of nightmares and I assume with his high stamina and recently enforced rest he actually doesn't need to.

Tiny remains in the mess all night, while he isn't really hungry any more he eats just for something to do. When boredom hits he attempts to levitate small objects on the hammer's repulsor field, balancing with unusual focus.

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orrallyn will spar with Zinn for as long as Zinn wants. When Zinn needs to retire for the evening, Orrallyn will follow him back to the Chance. Whilst the others sleep, he records what has happened to him and Master Lam and how Master Lam died. When done he will leave a message for lt. Selek that his message for the jedi is ready for pick up.

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zinn asks lots of pointed questions about the forms Orrallyn is using, making sure to understand the different moves he's used and trying them out on his own.

When they are finally done, Zinn thanks him and says, "I hope we can do this again. I enjoyed that a great deal; it was a good workout, and I've learned a lot from you."

He then goes to check on Banshee, to make sure the Intel people aren't screwing him up.
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zinn goes to the people who took Banshee and they tell him that he was returned a while ago. Seems you spent longer working out then you thought. Sure enough he is back at the ship, and looks as good as new. There is a note attached saying "I hope you didnt mind, but we fixed the damage to its dome" Banshee is happily plugged into the ship, regenerating power.

Rownn gets released from his tank and more scans are taken and then a Doctor comes in with a clip board, looking perplexed. "I have never seen anything like this before, but we are at a loss at how something came to be without being noticed." He pauses for a second and says "You have something that resembles a cyst on your heart. But unlike I have seen before, this one has formed within your hear, so it is not operable. If you have been alive this long and had not had a problem, I dont see it causing a problem in the future. It may reduce your stamina, and I would suggest trying to keep your heart rate from spiking too high. Other then that I am going to prescribe the following medication to make sure nothing gets worse. Do you have any questions?" he asks.

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rownn looks at the doctor with a certain amount of concern as he considers the implications. He's quiet for a moment, his eyes moving in short rapid bursts as he thinks. "What kind of medication?" he trills quietly.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"It is Chiramethexanone, it is an injection that you have to give twice a day. What it does is thin you blood slightly, so to lower the risk of a blood clot causing a heart attack. Since the cyst has a certain composition, there is a second drug with discourages the growth of this kind of substance. Some of the side effects are you may become more susceptible to alcohol or other poisons, and you may bruise a bit easier, but should not have too much of an adverse effect if you sustain a serious injury, well it wont make such an injury worse. If you dont have any more questions, I will need you to sign this, allowing me to give these scans to your medic, so she is fully aware of the situation, and able to keep an eye on things." He answers, and waits to see if you have any more questions before offering the clip board.

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rownn nods, "What would happen if I did not take these medications? And what is the cyst made of, why is it so unusual?"

Donate to Ankhanu Press
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ankhanu wrote:
Rownn nods, "What would happen if I did not take these medications?"

"Maybe nothing" he replies "But it is in my opinion that this would get worse, and therefore cause some serious problems with your heart. There are alternatives, but this is the least risky at the moment. I would like to keep an eye on you, and if it gets worse, we will have to consider some more drastic options, such as heart replacement surgery." as he waits to see if the answer is acceptable, allowing you to dictate the pace of this information. He is obviously sympathetic to you.

Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rownn nods his understanding, not liking the prospects. He takes the document and adds his signature.

"What can you tell me about the cyst? Why is it so unusual?"

Donate to Ankhanu Press
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ankhanu wrote:
Rownn nods his understanding, not liking the prospects. He takes the document and adds his signature.

"What can you tell me about the cyst? Why is it so unusual?"

He lists off a chemical structure and says "And I have never seen one of these form inside the heart before. It is an easy process to remove them usually, as they are not in such a sensitive area." He replies, seeing if you ask for more information.

Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really understanding, Rownn just nods, his thoughts turned inwards, As if I didn't have enough to deal with right now... he cuts his thoughts off bitterly. Absently he grunts his thanks to the doctor and heads out of the medical bay. At the door he stops and turns, "Is there any way I could get an image of my heart and the cyst?"

Donate to Ankhanu Press
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He nods and says "Not a problem, I am sending the scan images to your medic, she should have them by morning, so you can ask her to show them to you and go over them with you. Feel free to contact me anytime if you have more questions." as he turns around and starts talking to a nurse, hading the clipboard over to her.

Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rownn nods and turns in the doorway. Heading from the medbay, his heart heavy (no pun intended), the Wookiee heads back to the Chance, bypassing the messhall and other facilities. He enters the Chance and heads for his quarters. Upon arriving, he hangs up his bandoleer and satchel and tries to clear his mind. His fast begun, he starts to try to cleanse his spirit of the evils he has committed. He sinks to the floor and begins to meditate on the Force, to meditate on what he has done and the Jedi Code. Knowing the Code is one thing, living it is quite another matter. This, he always knew, but the past couple months have been a poignant reminder of just how hard this path he has started down truly is.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ship in which you are berthed settles down and becomes quite quite and peaceful. The ships crew is up, but they are starting to relax. The your crew settles down in their various places, Tiny returning to his room as the mess closes. Rownn's eyes shoot open not more then a second before a loud blaring alarm echos through the ship. Those of you who have been with the military a while recognize it as the "battle stations" alert. The ship is now alive with people running everywhere to get to their stations, but most were already there expecting this alert.

Crews run all throughout the docking bay and pilots get to their craft. Ground crews get every ship ready to take off.

You hear Sekel's voice on your comlinks saying "Battle of Ithor has started, Unless you have reconsidered joining hte fight, make sure you stay in your ship, or your bunks, so you dont get in the way of crews going about their jobs."

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fading Light - vong All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 111, 112, 113 ... 213, 214, 215  Next
Page 112 of 215

Jump to: