The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Brainwashing..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> Brainwashing..
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Brainwashing.. Reply with quote

Brought out of the 'to kill or capture' thread, it was mentioned that the imps may capture someone, so they could turn them loose as a 'colabarator' later. So this would probabily mean some sort of brainwashing...

What would the 'skillset'/rolls be for this? How long would it take?

What would say, a pc who has been brainwashed, use to 'regain his sense of self'? What about his companions?
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1492&highlight=brainwashing

There was a bunch of talk there about brainwashing

But as to how long it would take, i think i remember them saying it would take about a week to do it, and would normally leave a chemical trace. It is reversable, but normally they have a kill switch aswell Smile. I dont think that the player would get any rolls to resist it, as the chemicals are design to remove their defences.

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
scott2978
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If brainwashing seems too harsh, you might consider an elaborate ruse instead. For instance, the ISB has a lot of power to "influence" people... maybe they put the strong arm to a few locals so they claim the PC is a traitor, like "Yeah, I was in the brig for stealing bread for my family, and I saw him eating steak with the Moff." A couple other clever clues left to be found and viola! instant traitor! Alter some ISB records to make it look like he was working for the Imps all along (as an informant, not as an agent or anyone with authority) and place a large sum of credits in a fake bank acount, or plant a credstick on him before he gets released (maybe a transponder or two as well).

Of course, in typical Star Wars fashion all this could be turned around and used against the Empire, which would make an interesting adventure in itself.

Scott
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scott2978 wrote:
If brainwashing seems too harsh, you might consider an elaborate ruse instead. For instance, the ISB has a lot of power to "influence" people... maybe they put the strong arm to a few locals so they claim the PC is a traitor, like "Yeah, I was in the brig for stealing bread for my family, and I saw him eating steak with the Moff." A couple other clever clues left to be found and viola! instant traitor! Alter some ISB records to make it look like he was working for the Imps all along (as an informant, not as an agent or anyone with authority) and place a large sum of credits in a fake bank acount, or plant a credstick on him before he gets released (maybe a transponder or two as well).

Of course, in typical Star Wars fashion all this could be turned around and used against the Empire, which would make an interesting adventure in itself.

Scott

I was kinda thinking about Lusankya when I suggested the colabarator thing in the kill or capture???? thread. If you've read the X-wing books, you know what I mean. Folks tend to figure anyone sent there has been "reprogrammed" to serve as an Imperial agent. So anyone who claims to have escaped isn't trusted. In that manner PCs might be lead to think one of their own is really a sleeper agent.

Wanted Poster
scott2978
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh good idea Hellcat! With a few mentions of how notorious/infamous a given prison is by some trusted NPCs any GM created prison can have a similar reputation to the Lusankya.

"They sent you where? You guys know what they do to people in there right! How do I know? Oh, uhm... it's a long story..."

Scott
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Are you sure we can trust Fluffy? I mean, he did spend time in Astrok-III!"

"He spent twenty minutes there. They used the wrong binders on him, and the only downside to the event was that he forgot that Stormtrooper Armour gives him Gas. We had to hang a metric ton of those little trees you get at the service stations to even *THINK* about going into the cargo bay."
scott2978
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hmm guys I don't know about this. Says here he did some time in Astrok III."

"Hey! I was only there for about 5 minutes guys, honest!"

(cue wavy flashback effect)

Stormtrooper: NEXT! State your name and criminal infraction.

Dude: Uhm, my name's Cree uhm... Cree.... uh... Doodleforp. Cree Doodleforp sir, and uhm...

Stormtrooper: Bah! Stupid prisoners. You're name doesn't appear on any of my prisoner transaction datascans. How do you spell that?

Dude: Uhm, actually I'm uh... I'm getting OUT of prison today...

Stormtrooper: Oh so that's it! You're in the wrong line you idiot. The releases are THAT way. And here, give them this datacard so they know what to do with you. Man I don't know how some people survive in the real galaxy...

Dude: Uh.. sorry sir, thank you very much sir.

Stormtrooper: Bloody prisoners. NEXT!

Scott
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellcat wrote:
I was kinda thinking about Lusankya when I suggested the colabarator thing in the kill or capture???? thread. If you've read the X-wing books, you know what I mean. Folks tend to figure anyone sent there has been "reprogrammed" to serve as an Imperial agent. So anyone who claims to have escaped isn't trusted. In that manner PCs might be lead to think one of their own is really a sleeper agent.

...And for anyone who HASN'T read the X-wing series, Corran Horn actually DID escape from there. He and Tycho Celchu are two individuals who proved highly resistant to the Empire's methods, and were deemed "Unable to be turned" for the purposes of using them as sleeper agents. However, just the fact that Tycho had been there was enough for Corran (before he himself was caught and sent there) to suspect him of collaboration.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, Corran's suspicion of Tycho wouldn't have been merely because of his time on the Lusankya. Unlike folks like General Salm and other ranking officers in the Alliance military, Corran knew little about Tycho when he first met him aside from the fact that he was being treated like a prisoner. As I recall, and it has been a number of years since I last read the Rogue Squadron quartet, Corran already had a reason to be suspicious of Tycho before learning of his stint on the Lusankya. However, no one really seemed to worry about Corran being a sleeper agent based on how he did escape.

As for time in a notorious prison like Lusankya, you don't have them say they were hardly even there. Have them be there for like a month or two, something where the other PCs would say their teammate would be much more likely to be turned.

Wanted Poster
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scott2978 wrote:
Stormtrooper: NEXT! State your name and criminal infraction.

Dude: Uhm, my name's Cree uhm... Cree.... uh... Doodleforp. Cree Doodleforp sir, and uhm...

Stormtrooper: Bah! Stupid prisoners. You're name doesn't appear on any of my prisoner transaction datascans. How do you spell that?

Dude: Uhm, actually I'm uh... I'm getting OUT of prison today...

Stormtrooper: Oh so that's it! You're in the wrong line you idiot. The releases are THAT way. And here, give them this datacard so they know what to do with you. Man I don't know how some people survive in the real galaxy...

Dude: Uh.. sorry sir, thank you very much sir.

Stormtrooper: Bloody prisoners. NEXT!

Funny movie that is lol. but stupidity is different then brainwashing lol Razz

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Skyler wrote:
...And for anyone who HASN'T read the X-wing series, Corran Horn actually DID escape from there. He and Tycho Celchu are two individuals who proved highly resistant to the Empire's methods, and were deemed "Unable to be turned" for the purposes of using them as sleeper agents. However, just the fact that Tycho had been there was enough for Corran (before he himself was caught and sent there) to suspect him of collaboration.

And it was ony after seeing what Issard had in her personal files on the prisoners, he realised what an idiot he had been.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: